Don't feel like going to Dr appointment. Ugh.

Old March 22nd 04, 07:01 PM
Jill

Default Don't feel like going to Dr appointment. Ugh.

I had a dr appointment Friday, the start of my 2 week visits. I called them
3 hours before the appointment and let them know I was sick on my stomach
(morning sickness comes back sometimes) and was throwing up. I explained to
them that I could make the appointment but if they would agree to it would
rather come another day, when not sick on my stomach. They said ok and
rescheduled me to today at 3:30. Ugh....it's time to get ready, and I don't
feel like it! I am dragging my feet...it's just a routine appointment, no
tests or anything, nothing special or painful etc. I just SO dread it. I'm
not sick on my stomach today and nothing is really wrong, I'm just tired and
my nose is stuffy. It's at a hospital on a branch where they have medical
offices and parking is a pain. Not that big of a pain...just not super
convenient because the lot is usually crowded and I am driving my husband's
huge truck instead of my zippy little Honda car.

Anyway I like to hear the baby's heartbeat, but other than that, not much
comes of these visits (they do test my urine, weight, and bp).

Today I am going to start discussing some labor-related things with them- I
am 32 weeks today officially. I am going to stop watching those Baby Story
tv shows! I usually don't but as I was flipping through something caught my
ear...the mother had "missed her window for epidural" and was having a
natural childbirht not by choice, and boy was she screaming. So I am going
to ask the doctor about the epidural window, I do NOT need to miss that!!!
lol...I am half serious. I have gone through so much, I really do not want a
childbirth without pain relief. I don't really intend to get an epidural
asap, but I also feel like I will need and want one- if I happen to deliver
fast and not need one great.

So anyway, a blah day......I better get ready for the appointment but boy, I
don't feel like going out! I'm so tired.

Old March 22nd 04, 09:59 PM
Carol Ann

So anyway, a blah day......I better get ready for the appointment but boy,
don't feel like going out! I'm so tired.

How was your appointment??

~Carol Ann

Old March 22nd 04, 10:24 PM
Angela Schepers

Hey Jill,

I've been experiencing A LOT of fatigue and just feeling worn out and
kinda weak the last week or so. I'll sleep 12 hours a day and since I'm
not working I'm not doing anything much anyway. I wish I understood why
I'm so darn tired. Have you been feeling like this too? Also, the
stuffy nose is starting to get on my nerves too.

Angela
EDD 5-13-04 with Quinn Alexander

Old March 22nd 04, 10:53 PM
hierophant

"Jill" wrote in message om...

I've been experiencing A LOT of fatigue and just feeling worn out and
kinda weak the last week or so. I'll sleep 12 hours a day and since I'm
not working I'm not doing anything much anyway. I wish I understood why
I'm so darn tired. Have you been feeling like this too? Also, the
stuffy nose is starting to get on my nerves too.

Jill you sound like you could be a anemic. Sleepy, weak, just all
around "blah" is often a good sign. How's your appetite and
nutrition?

Kris out of lurkdom
apprentice midwife
Old March 23rd 04, 01:09 AM
Leanne

Today I am going to start discussing some labor-related things with them-

am 32 weeks today officially. I am going to stop watching those Baby Story
tv shows! I usually don't but as I was flipping through something caught

my
ear...the mother had "missed her window for epidural" and was having a
natural childbirht not by choice, and boy was she screaming. So I am going
to ask the doctor about the epidural window, I do NOT need to miss that!!!
lol...I am half serious. I have gone through so much, I really do not want

childbirth without pain relief. I don't really intend to get an epidural
asap, but I also feel like I will need and want one- if I happen to

deliver
fast and not need one great.

There is no cut off for pain relief (apart from a few cases) they will
advise against an epidural towards the end of labour simply because you have
to wait for the anethitist (sp?) let him set up, put the epidural in, and
then wait for it to work... if you are near the end this means alot of the
time people end up giving birth before it really starts to take effect and
all you end up with is a numb lower half... i'd say it wouldnt be nice when
you want to bond with your baby at this point.

Pethidine with also be advised against if they think you will deliver within
4 hours as this will make the baby groggy and can inhibit the newborns
sucking reflex for a few hours.

If you do wait too long and they advise against an epidural and you feel
like you need something to take the edge off, nitrious oxide will be your
best bet because if you dont like it its breathed out of your system in
about 10-15 minutes.

HTH
Leanne.

Old March 23rd 04, 01:29 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Leanne wrote:

If you do wait too long and they advise against an epidural and you feel
like you need something to take the edge off, nitrious oxide will be your
best bet because if you dont like it its breathed out of your system in
about 10-15 minutes.

Nitrous oxide isn't available in labor in the US.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 23rd 04, 02:43 AM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
So anyway, a blah day......I better get ready for the appointment but

boy,
don't feel like going out! I'm so tired.

How was your appointment??

~Carol Ann

Sigh..........you wouldn't believe.

Tomorrow I am changing OB practices. I want to stay with practices that
deliver at the local hospital in case I ever do need an ambulance etc, and
there are only one or two more choices but I am hoping the office I have
picked will take me (and will be better, and will actually give me the time
of day!) etc................

I just hope it doesn't turn into a big insurance mess!!

Jill (it was depressing!)

Old March 23rd 04, 02:44 AM
Jill

"Angela Schepers" wrote
Hey Jill,

I've been experiencing A LOT of fatigue and just feeling worn out and
kinda weak the last week or so. I'll sleep 12 hours a day and since I'm
not working I'm not doing anything much anyway. I wish I understood why
I'm so darn tired. Have you been feeling like this too? Also, the
stuffy nose is starting to get on my nerves too.

Yep- I feel exactly like that too.

Jill

Old March 23rd 04, 02:58 AM
Leanne

Nitrous oxide isn't available in labor in the US.

really???

Why is that?

Old March 23rd 04, 03:13 AM
CY

Oh I wondered about that - having been born and raised in the UK, I always
heard stories of people getting through labor with "gas and air" and
wondered why when I was in labor here in the US it was never mentioned let
alone offered. Guess that answers my question! Why isn't it offered???