OT - anybody use Tots Bots nappies?

Old April 12th 04, 07:48 PM
Ellie

Default OT - anybody use Tots Bots nappies?

And if so what do you think?

Thanks

Ellie

Old April 12th 04, 07:58 PM
Iuil

"Ellie" wrote
And if so what do you think?

Love love love them.

My only criticism is that they're a bit bulky for babies starting to move
cos that's around the same age that they move into the size 2. But for
absorbancy and wear-and-tear I can't fault them. And for all their
bulkiness, they dry in about 3 hours on a radiator or 90 minutes in the
tumble drier.

We used them exclusively for the first 6 months and use them as overnight
nappies now. Even unboosted, a size 2 Tots will last DD (21 months) from
7:30pm to 7:30am (and beyond).

Jean

Old April 12th 04, 08:02 PM
Jacqui

Iuil wibbled

Love love love them.

My only criticism is that they're a bit bulky for babies starting
to move cos that's around the same age that they move into the
size 2. But for absorbancy and wear-and-tear I can't fault them.
And for all their bulkiness, they dry in about 3 hours on a
radiator or 90 minutes in the tumble drier.

To second this (since it's Jean's nappies we used!), we loved them too.
T has very chubby legs so we found them a little too tight around his
thighs once he got to 15lb or so, but before that they were fabulous -
no leaks, easy to wash and dry, fit well under clothing.

Jac
Old April 12th 04, 09:49 PM
Sidheag McCormack

We love them. We started out with one or two each of several different
kinds of nappies, and these were the ones we chose to go with. No rubbing,
no leaks. They don't dry as fast as some of the other kinds we tried, but
not too bad. We tumble dry them briefly for softness before hanging them on
the ceiling dryer, they dry overnight.

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Old April 12th 04, 11:22 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:02:34 +0000 (UTC), Jacqui
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Iuil wibbled

Love love love them.

My only criticism is that they're a bit bulky for babies starting
to move cos that's around the same age that they move into the
size 2. But for absorbancy and wear-and-tear I can't fault them.
And for all their bulkiness, they dry in about 3 hours on a
radiator or 90 minutes in the tumble drier.

To second this (since it's Jean's nappies we used!), we loved them too.

To third this, I'm in the queue for Jean's nappies (if she doesn't
have another baby first) but all I can say just yet is that they pack
away into two carrier bags very nicely when you're taking them on the
ferry back from Dublin Cool colours (the commercial ones and
Jean's home died ones

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old April 13th 04, 12:00 AM
Iuil

"Buzzy Bee" wrote

But for absorbancy and wear-and-tear I can't fault them.

To second this (since it's Jean's nappies we used!), we loved them too.

To third this, I'm in the queue for Jean's nappies (if she doesn't
have another baby first)

Did I mention that they're very hard-wearing?????

but all I can say just yet is that they pack
away into two carrier bags very nicely when you're taking them on the
ferry back from Dublin Cool colours (the commercial ones and
Jean's home died ones

LOL - still has images of Megan running for the ferry with 2 carrier bags of
nappies :-).

Jean

Old April 13th 04, 12:13 AM
Buzzy Bee

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:00:17 +0100, "Iuil" wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

LOL - still has images of Megan running for the ferry with 2 carrier bags of
nappies :-).

That *was* funny. I am not a person used to running, nor am I
particularly elegant when doing so

For those who weren't the I went across to Dublin on a day return
while on holiday in Wales last year. We were a bit late leaving
Jean's, getting to the ferry terminal exactly 20 minutes before
sailing time. I had to run to check in, then they told me to run up
the ramp onto the ferry as it was due to leave. Bloody thing was half
an hour late leaving the dock of course

Megan

Old April 13th 04, 05:21 PM
Anne Rogers

no, but I do use the red wraps, and I love them

I just use terry squares for nappies, no one had yet managed to convince
me that there is anything better out there!
Old April 13th 04, 10:25 PM
Poppy

Echo every one else.

Reliable, hard wearing, cuddly

Love love love them too. They were Pup's only nappy until he was 9 months
old, now we supplement with Rainbow stuffables.

--Poppy n Pup

Old April 13th 04, 10:26 PM
Poppy

So Megan, does this mean.... you're pg again? Sorry not been on UKPP for a
while.

--Poppy

OT or is it OT? The Nappies Nic H Pregnancy 6 May 24th 04 03:56 PM
Green nappies Deirdre Breastfeeding 6 February 24th 04 03:41 AM
Big reduction in wet nappies - why? Andrea Breastfeeding 2 November 16th 03 10:55 PM
Cloth nappies in Australia Daye Pregnancy 3 August 17th 03 05:34 AM