bf ads on aussie tv

Old April 13th 04, 11:30 PM
elizabeth emerald

Default bf ads on aussie tv

i saw a couple of ads on tv last nite on late-nite australian tv with
breastfeeding in them.

the first was for "day & night contact lenses". i wasn't watching very
carefully, but they were showing all the everyday things that people can do
with these contact lenses that you can leave in for 30 days & i am sure i
saw a woman breastfeeding on a bed at night. yay for portraying bf as an
everyday activity. makes me want to change lenses to these (but i can't as
they are so expensive!).

the other is for breast cancer research (or is it breast cancer institute?).
this ad creeps me out. it shows a close up (still) picture of a baby
breastfeeding, but the nipple & breast are stretched toward it (ouch!) and
there are these weird noises which i guess are meant to be the baby sucking,
but they sound very odd. has anyone else seen this ad?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

"Anything lost can be found again, except for time wasted" -- Hilltop Hoods

Old April 14th 04, 12:54 AM
Larissa

elizabeth emerald wrote:
i saw a couple of ads on tv last nite on late-nite australian tv with
breastfeeding in them.

the first was for "day & night contact lenses". i wasn't watching very
carefully, but they were showing all the everyday things that people can do
with these contact lenses that you can leave in for 30 days & i am sure i
saw a woman breastfeeding on a bed at night. yay for portraying bf as an
everyday activity. makes me want to change lenses to these (but i can't as
they are so expensive!).

the other is for breast cancer research (or is it breast cancer institute?).
this ad creeps me out. it shows a close up (still) picture of a baby
breastfeeding, but the nipple & breast are stretched toward it (ouch!) and
there are these weird noises which i guess are meant to be the baby sucking,
but they sound very odd. has anyone else seen this ad?

I have not seen these but, tend to go to bed early. What channel was it on?
I also saw a short for 'my restaurant rules' the other night and there
was going to be something about breastfeeding in public. I meant to
watch it, I think that woman from 'The Panel' was going to be on it, and
the question was asked "does that offend you?". I Never watched it but
it sounded like they were trying to up the ratings a bit.

On a happier note, on Playschool yesterday, they had a song about
everybody loves to eat and they showed toddlers eating, adults eating
and a close up of a baby happily breastfeeding. It certainly warmed my
heart.

Larissa

Old April 14th 04, 07:54 AM
A&G&K

"Larissa" wrote in message

On a happier note, on Playschool yesterday, they had a song about
everybody loves to eat and they showed toddlers eating, adults eating
and a close up of a baby happily breastfeeding. It certainly warmed my
heart.

Larissa

I've seen that episode before - its so great how its just shown as a normal
part of growing up.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old April 14th 04, 08:00 AM
A&G&K

"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't seen either add, but I did see Kate Langbroek bf her toddler on
"My Restaurant Rules" the other night.
I had just flicked the tele on and the guy was telling Kate that it was
"restaurant policy" that bf be carried out in the "lounge" and not at the
tables. Kate was a bit embarrassed to be told this on TV and just made a
point of saying that she just wouldn't bother. Apparently she had been bf
all through the meal and the restaurant guy had just noticed and tried to
move her on. Really a dumb thing to do considering it was the entire crew
from her radio program in there for lunch and they were going to review the
restaurant the next day! I hope they gave him a really bad review.
In the end, DH had to turn the TV off to stop me from getting upset and
saying "you don't get to have a 'policy' on bf mate! - the country already
has one that says she can stay where she is!!!" (btw I do know that they
can't hear me shouting at them on the tele ...lol!).
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old April 14th 04, 09:20 AM
Larissa

A&G&K wrote:
[...]

LOL!

I ended up looking up the incident on google, and read what happened.

Larissa

Newbie here... Hi Nic H Pregnancy 49 April 17th 04 04:18 AM
OT - Question for Austrailians Cathy Weeks Pregnancy 45 February 15th 04 12:17 AM
DrRuth's Aussie mkb gathering part II Elana Breastfeeding 7 July 17th 03 04:50 PM