Swollen Joints?

Old August 16th 04, 02:38 AM
Indyrah

Default Swollen Joints?

My fingers and toes joints are swollen, tender and I have no strength. It's
worse overnight and gets better during the day. Last night I woke up and it
felt like my fingers were almost "stuck" in the bent position. My hips and
pubic bone have ached for weeks but this just started about a week ago.

If I weren't pregnant, I'd be worried about arthritis but I thought
pregnancy helped people with that. I didn't have this with my other two so
maybe it's just old age.

Thanks for any input!

(36 weeks!!!)

Old August 16th 04, 03:51 AM
Tori M.

"Indyrah" wrote in message
My fingers and toes joints are swollen, tender and I have no strength.

It's
worse overnight and gets better during the day. Last night I woke up and

it
felt like my fingers were almost "stuck" in the bent position. My hips

and
pubic bone have ached for weeks but this just started about a week ago.

If I weren't pregnant, I'd be worried about arthritis but I thought
pregnancy helped people with that. I didn't have this with my other two

so
maybe it's just old age.

Thanks for any input!

(36 weeks!!!)

From what I understand arthritis can become worse in pregnancy. I have a
friend who is not that old that is arthritic and she had some pretty hard
days with it.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old August 16th 04, 04:08 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Indyrah wrote:

My fingers and toes joints are swollen, tender and I have no strength. It's
worse overnight and gets better during the day. Last night I woke up and it
felt like my fingers were almost "stuck" in the bent position. My hips and
pubic bone have ached for weeks but this just started about a week ago.

Welcome to my world.

If I weren't pregnant, I'd be worried about arthritis but I thought
pregnancy helped people with that. I didn't have this with my other two so
maybe it's just old age.

Pregnancy can make things worse. I don't know much more beyond that. I
only know that I do have arthritis and pregnancy has definitely made
things worse. I'm hoping that the effect is only temporary. I think
the swelling is the real problem. It causes carpal tunnel syndrome-like
problems (waking up with clenched fists) and feelings of worsening
arthritis.

I hate to sound like a downer. Sorry! I wish I could help, but all I
can do is commiserate. Try Tylenol, if you can get the bottle open.
Old August 16th 04, 06:05 AM
Unadulterated Me

Indyrah wrote:
My fingers and toes joints are swollen, tender and I have no strength. It's
worse overnight and gets better during the day. Last night I woke up and it
felt like my fingers were almost "stuck" in the bent position. My hips and
pubic bone have ached for weeks but this just started about a week ago.

If I weren't pregnant, I'd be worried about arthritis but I thought
pregnancy helped people with that. I didn't have this with my other two so
maybe it's just old age.

Thanks for any input!

(36 weeks!!!)

Sounds exactly like Rheumatoid Arthritis to me, sorry

I know they say you experience remission during pregnancy but I never
did, 60% will experience remission by the third trimester, but if you
haven't by then only a further 5% will go on to have a late remission.
It looks as your in the unfortunate no remission group like I was. Word
of warning it will get worse post partum, be prepared for flare to hit
anywhere from 3 weeks after birth and hit bad. Try and get a referral to
a rheumy now.

Andrea
Old August 16th 04, 06:29 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Unadulterated Me wrote:
Word
of warning it will get worse post partum, be prepared for flare to hit
anywhere from 3 weeks after birth and hit bad. Try and get a referral to

I am very sad to hear this. :-(

help!! my son is having a 1.5cm swollen glands in back of neck J Kids Health 2 July 18th 04 07:01 PM
Office Shoes for Swollen Feet? Nancy P Pregnancy 20 February 12th 04 12:05 AM
Swollen Calves at 23wks lea-b Pregnancy 13 December 20th 03 03:38 AM
swollen feet Kari Pregnancy 11 August 17th 03 09:31 PM
Swollen hands and fingers after exercise (walking) zeldabee Pregnancy 4 July 9th 03 03:52 PM