The Killing of a Journalist: Yusuf Bey raped and sodomized at leastfour young girls, including his own foster daughter. Officials with the county'sChild Protective Services knew all about it, but did nothing.

Old August 8th 07, 04:05 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default The Killing of a Journalist: Yusuf Bey raped and sodomized at leastfour young girls, including his own foster daughter. Officials with the county'sChild Protective Services knew all about it, but did nothing.

The Killing of a Journalist
Voice reporter Chris Thompson recalls a fallen colleague and his own
days on the run
by Chris Thompson
August 7th, 2007 6:43 PM

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/073...n,77457,2.html

From the East Bay Express Archives: Remembering the Sinister Side of
Yusuf Bey's Empire
The Loofah and Falafel Revolution: Dems Fight Fox News
This Modern World by Tom Tomorrow
Anti-Gun Bloomberg Buys Ammo for Pro-NRA Bruno
by Tom Robbins
Cyclones put Brooklyn Hot Dog Markowitz on a Bobblehead
Runnin' Scared by Keith Greenberg
Police Dog Has His Day—In Court
Runnin' Scared by Sean Gardiner
Click Me, the Cybersex Gallery
by Bonnie Ruberg
How To Pick Up a Good Cybersex Partner
Click Me by Bonnie Ruberg
From the East Bay Express Archives: Remembering the Sinister Side of
Yusuf Bey's Empire
Alien Syndrome's Infection
by Chris Ward
The Loofah and Falafel Revolution: Dems Fight Fox News
This Modern World by Tom Tomorrow
The Frantic Rise and Fatal Fall of Hip-Hop Producer Disco D
by Adam Matthews
Five Enduring Mysteries About Conservatives
This Modern World by Tom Tomorrow
The Truth Behind Hairspray
Lynn Yaeger by Lynn Yaeger
Vintage Thrash is Back, And It's Speaking Spanish
by Phil Freeman
Eating Georgia -- The Country -- Via Sheepshead Bay
Counter Culture by Robert Sietsema
Last week, a man in a ski mask confronted Oakland, California,
journalist Chauncey Bailey as he was walking to the downtown offices of
the Oakland Post. The man raised a sawed-off shotgun and fired a round
into Bailey's torso, then stood over him and fired a second round into
his head.

The next day, more than 200 police officers raided two homes and a
bakery in North Oakland, tossing stun grenades through the windows
before dawn. The bakery was the headquarters of the Yusuf Bey family,
Oakland's most militant and allegedly violent black nationalist sect.
Within hours, police say, a bakery employee confessed to murdering
Bailey in retaliation for a series of stories he was preparing on the
family's financial problems and alleged criminal history. The story made
national headlines, in part because of the brazen murder of a reporter.

This isn't the first time Chauncey Bailey had run afoul of the Bey
family. A few years earlier, members of the sect threatened to kill him
for running stories they didn't like. I know, because he told me so in
2002. I interviewed Bailey while conducting my own investigation into
the Bey family's history of alleged violence and fraud for the East Bay
Express. I soon got a taste of what he was talking about.

For 30 years, Yusuf Bey and his followers built an empire of bakeries
and security companies around the Bay Area, but an ominous air of menace
and violence always surrounded them. In 2002, after family patriarch
Yusuf Bey was arrested on charges that he raped a 13-year-old girl, my
Express series reported that Bey family members had allegedly unleashed
a wave of murder, rape, and fraud on Oakland, and the city's leaders
praised them and gave them million-dollar loans in return. In one
instance, Bey family members allegedly tortured a man for four hours,
beating him with a police flashlight, burning his fingertips with hot
knives, and trying to drown him in a toilet. For years, the Bey family
allegedly beat and terrorized helpless black residents of low-income
apartments they controlled, but the authorities never bothered to stop
them. Yusuf Bey raped and sodomized at least four young girls, including
his own foster daughter. Officials with the county's Child Protective
Services knew all about it, but did nothing.

The day after the last story ran, the payback started. A young man
called and said he had more stories about Yusuf Bey's taste for rape. I
told him I was moving onto other stories, but he wouldn't take no for an
answer. He drove to the office and asked to see me, and I foolishly
walked out to the lobby long enough for him to get a good look at my
face. Feeling a little hinky about the strange grin he had on his face,
I told my editor Steve Buel I was taking the day off, and he agreed to
drive me home. While waiting for his car outside the office, I noticed a
red minivan that looked out of place, but no one appeared to be behind
the wheel. When I jumped in the car, the same man rose up from
underneath the dashboard. He was trying to follow me home.

Buel gunned the engine and trapped the car in place, told me to memorize
the license-plate number, and swung back to the entrance. We jumped out
and called the cops, and I spent the night at what you might call an
undisclosed location.

After that came the phone calls. "Mr. Thompson, I just want to say that
your days are numbered," one man said. "You ****ed up for the last time,
and your time is up." A woman called my voice mail, screamed
obscenities, and advised, "Maybe you want to take a trip." Another woman
simply said, "Hello, Satan," and hung up. Someone played one of Yusuf
Bey's more inflammatory sermons into my phone. A few weeks later,
another man growled, "We haven't forgot about you."

Meanwhile, the Bey family was going through some changes. Yusuf Bey had
died of complications from cancer, and his heirs—Yusuf had at least 42
children—started struggling for control of his business empire. In the
spring of 2004, the badly decomposed body of Waajid Bey, the CEO of the
family's security company, was found in a shallow grave in the Oakland
hills. "It's not the death threats I mind," I joked with friends. "It's
the credible death threats."

Every week, I'd get the same creepy phone call. Someone would call me at
precisely 5 p.m., when I would presumably leave work. As soon as I said
hello, the caller hung up. I thought, "Are those ****ers staking out the
routes I take home?" My colleagues (including Rob Harvilla, now the
Voice's music editor) would drive me from work, using cars I hoped the
Bey family wouldn't recognize.

Finally, they took to staking out the lobby and following me when I left
work—at least, they thought the guy they were following was me. Two
goons fixated on an ad sales representative that bore a resemblance to
me and chased him around town twice. On the second occasion, when they
realized they had the wrong man, one of them pulled up to the car and
said, "Where's Chris Thompson?" Whenever I talked to the Oakland police
about my troubles, they all said the same thing: We hate those *******s,
but there's nothing we can do until we pin something on them.

Needless to say, I'd had enough and headed for the tall grass. I spent
several months out in the countryside of Northern California, reporting
and writing my Metro column from an old hunting lodge. At night, I drank
and played liars' dice at a bar with old cowboys and race-car mechanics,
and tried to figure out what to do with my life.

Eventually, the goons got bored with hunting for me, and I slowly
returned to the office full-time. Chauncey Bailey wasn't so lucky, but
he fought the good fight against bad men. Despite the ongoing homicide
epidemic, Oakland has slowly been emerging from its long, dark era of
corruption, crime, ineptitude, and poverty. If city leaders manage to
successfully prosecute the Bey family, they'll have cut a big tumor out
of the city's heart.

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA / CIA
WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, HAPPILY DESTROYING HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT
FAMILIES YEARLY NATIONWIDE AND COMING TO YOU'RE HOME SOON...

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...