How can I prosecute Child Stealing / Custodial Interference (CALPC 278.5)

Old May 28th 04, 12:10 PM
Kenneth S.

Default How can I prosecute Child Stealing / Custodial Interference (CAL PC 278.5)

When selecting attorneys, it's important to check their track record.
It's very easy for attorneys, particularly those who are guest speakers at
fathers' groups, to talk tough and try to create the impression that they
will vigorously defend a father's interests. However, the acid test is
their success rate in the past.

"JR" wrote in message
. com...

Then you need a junkyard dog lawyer who is more than willing to take

on
judgeypoo and nail him to the wall along with mom. That costs, but there

are
times when you have to say; "No more Mr. Nice guy." Judges can be made

see the light.

You are right. I've been going through this for 9 years and I my
trusting/nice guy nature has always resulted in my accepting what my
attorney tells me as gospel, despite my always knowing deep down that
"this is unfair, this is wrong."

I'm meeting for the second time this Saturday with the father's group
I've hooked up with here in San Diego, and intend to ask about the best
attorneys here. I signed the substitution of attorney form today so I
can represent myself at the upcoming 7/6 contempt arraignment. I know
how you feel about the pitfalls of Pro Se (Pro Per here), but I really
feel I can be successful myself this time. I've been studying
procedure, and I believe I've patched the tiny hole she snuck through on
my last contempt attempt.

Old May 28th 04, 01:12 PM
Gini52

In article , Kenneth S. says...

When selecting attorneys, it's important to check their track record.
It's very easy for attorneys, particularly those who are guest speakers at
fathers' groups, to talk tough and try to create the impression that they
will vigorously defend a father's interests.

===
And they do until they get the retainer. After that, their position seems to
change into "Well, this is the best we can hope for so we better take it."
ie: "I'm really too lazy to put forth a proper defense so be prepared for the
worst."
===

(PLEASE NOTE: I never bottom-sign my posts.
Check Headers to Verify the Authenticity of This Post)

Old May 28th 04, 01:43 PM
krp

"JR" wrote in message
. com...

Then you need a junkyard dog lawyer who is more than willing to take

on
judgeypoo and nail him to the wall along with mom. That costs, but there

are
times when you have to say; "No more Mr. Nice guy." Judges can be made

see the light.

You are right. I've been going through this for 9 years and I my
trusting/nice guy nature has always resulted in my accepting what my
attorney tells me as gospel, despite my always knowing deep down that
"this is unfair, this is wrong."

The big thing is educating yourself. I won custody of my kids from my
first marriage, but it cost me well over $100,00 back in 1980 money. It cost
that much from mistakes my lawyer made. One massive screwup mad me have to
hire a lawyer in a second state. Lawyer in state 1 said we did NOT have to
mention the UCCJA or that the court had jurisdiction or file the order in
the state she ran to. So I got to do TWO custody battles simultaneously and
had to win BOTH!
I had told him we needed to, and I got the old; "I am the lawyer here"
routine. After that mess he never pulled that on me a second time.

I'm meeting for the second time this Saturday with the father's group
I've hooked up with here in San Diego, and intend to ask about the best
attorneys here. I signed the substitution of attorney form today so I
can represent myself at the upcoming 7/6 contempt arraignment. I know
how you feel about the pitfalls of Pro Se (Pro Per here), but I really
feel I can be successful myself this time. I've been studying
procedure, and I believe I've patched the tiny hole she snuck through on
my last contempt attempt.

A good lawyer will eat you alive. There are so many procedural things to
know. But you can't do worse than a BAD lawyer! Just remember the lesser of
two evils is still evil. Find a GOOD lawyer, they exist no matter what some
KOOKS say!

Old May 28th 04, 01:44 PM
krp

"Kenneth S." wrote in message
When selecting attorneys, it's important to check their track record.
It's very easy for attorneys, particularly those who are guest speakers at
fathers' groups, to talk tough and try to create the impression that they
will vigorously defend a father's interests. However, the acid test is
their success rate in the past.

Yep find the former clients. Ask the men who paid him!