Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

Old October 14th 07, 01:50 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Default Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

teachrmama wrote:
It looks like there are a lot of deadbeat supporters, enablers, and
deadbeats on this usenet group. This particular thread is not for

[quoted text clipped - 49 lines]
Anyone who brings multiple children into the world with no intention of
supporting them is outrageous--man or woman.

Some crazy guy refered to child support as relying on the government, to
me
that means welfare.

Child Support Enforcement is a government agency. So those who rely on
child support via court order rely on the government to provide for them by
collecting the money and sending it to them.

If the stepson is living with the mothers that get P.A, and they are
supporting him, then he too is living on P.A

He's perfectly content doing that, and has a number of women who are happy
to share with him.

I guess my question should have been, "Why do you all care if a custodial
parent tries to collect child support? Would you prefer they collect welfare,
and if so, why?"
Because I don't see what the big deal is. A non custodial parent is goinf to
(a) pay the child support amount because it is thier responsibility to thier
children. I am sure some Custodial parents use the money for other things,
but if it is sent in good faith it is going to the child there shouldn't be a
problem, especially if the father is around, because he will know. If it not
being spent on the child, they can always go back to court. or (b) Just not
pay the child support. Go duck and hide out, work under the table, leave the
state, and just ignore the responsibility set fourth by the courts.
What is the problem?

Old October 14th 07, 01:57 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

teachrmama wrote:
It looks like there are a lot of deadbeat supporters, enablers, and
deadbeats on this usenet group. This particular thread is not for

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
be
me, but you sound paranoid.

Huh? Where on earth did you come up with that? Where did *all custodial
paents* come into this?

From the guy that accused me of having cohorts.

Old October 14th 07, 02:00 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Default Child-Support from the NCPs Perspective

teachrmama wrote:
"Paula" wrote
"Gini" wrote:

[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]
you
see fit, be a grown-up and extend that courtesy to others.

Perhaps if everyone extended that courtesy to others, includiong the people
from that that group that is snatching our posts, there would be fewer
problems. But being told to "stick to my topic, and only give answers *I*
consider to be positive" is way up there on the bossy scale.

I don't think the site is stealing posts from you, rather google has branched
out to join more people together that have matchilg key words or phrases to
topics and groups already posted.

Old October 14th 07, 02:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

teachrmama wrote:
"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote in

[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]
does something creative. All he needs to do is come up out of the basement
and involve himself.

Oh, I see. You're an enabler--not meant as an insult. He really does not
need to get off his tush and get a job because you are enabling him to keep
being shiftless. And if Child Support Enforcement finally does get tired of
the arrearages and throw his butt in jail, then the taxpayers will pick up
the ball and support him. The best thing you could do for him (based on the
few facts you have presented here) is to throw him out and let him fend for
himself. Again, this is not an insult, but perhaps some counseling would
not be amiss for you, to help you define some boundaries for yourself,
rather than saddling yourself with his care and feeding as well as the care
and feeding of your child (which is not a burden, but does take effort).

Iattempted to have him removed from the home, but I inherited the house from
my grandma and it was paid for, but I was foolish when I added his name to
the deed, just in case something happened to me, so the family court judge
said that he had equal right to be there. If I didn’t want to buy ½ of the
home and that we should divide and live accordingly.
Can you see why I have a hard time believing that the government is out to
get non custodial parents when a judge told me that I can’t have my home
completely?

Old October 14th 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

DB wrote:
"Paula" wrote in

Show me one father that doesn't want involvement with their child?

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

And the difference in your definitions are?

A Father wantsto be with his children, he doesn't need laws to enforce
this!!!!!!

I think you mean any dad that wants to be with their children doesn't need a
court order, and that is true. We are talking about men who have fathered
children. Any man can be a father, it doesn’t take much to have sex, and
procreate, but not all of them can be dads. I know you have heard that, but
it is the truth.
My dad was a great man, and family came first, even after he and my mum split.
My mom had a child support order, and my dad didn't get mad, in fact he paid
his child support AND provided my siblings and me with the extras. My mum did
work, and her earnings went for rent, food, and other bills. She didn't have
any habits and we always came first.
My mum put those child support checks in the bank, and when we were adults
she took the money, split it three ways, and gave it to us to start our own
lives.
Maybe you were done wrong, but your experience is not everybody's, same as
mine.
A dad is going to pay the child support because he loves his kids, and is
willing to swallow some of his pride.

Old October 14th 07, 02:31 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

teachrmama wrote:
"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote

[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]
two parent income, and as a human being, you should as well.

Unfortunately, the children are not really the issue--they are just held up
to be the issue. If children and their right to be supported by two parent
incomes were really the issue, then you would see stay-at-home moms arrested
all over the country for not providing an income for their child. You would
also see custodial parents who do not work being arrested for not providing
support. But the only ones who are dealt with harshly are NCPs. And the
majority of the time the ones who are penalized are the ones who really
*can't* pay the full amount due to exigent circumstances. But NCP and
"deadbeat dad" have become almost synonymous in the public eye. (I could
tell you horror stories on this one)

It is obvious that you have no regard for the children in these
situations.
It makes me wonder why? How much do you or a partner have to pay an ex for
child support, and why are you SO bitter about it?

You are responding to a person who has never had a CS order, and who shared
responsibility for her children with her ex without ever needing any sort of
government intervention. Why would people not want to hear advice from
someone who accomplished that?

Just comply with the law and there isn't a problem, because there are a
lot
worse things out there than child support. You are never going to change
your
opinion, just as I will not change mine. Why argue, and be nasty?
I will take the high road, and ignore your comments. Good day, Governess.

Are you implying that she has broken the law? There are a number of people
posting here now that seem to interpret the advice to "get a job and/or an
education and become independent of the need for someone else to help
support you" as being the same as "you don't deserve child support." Those
are 2 very different things.

No, just that there are worse things out there besides child support that can
devastate a family.
There are street gangs, violence, and murder. Then you have the people that
are out to only hurt the children such as, but not limited to child molesters,
rapists, murderers, and pedophiles.
Why cry over a few bucks? Hell, we should all be happy if our children are
not targeted by those kinds of people.
There are a lot of things worse than having to pay child support.
No disrespect intended, but if what you say about Gini is true, then she has
no knowledge or experience about how child support works, or if the system is
unfair or not.

Old October 14th 07, 02:32 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

teachrmama wrote:
"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote

[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]
let alone be as rude and nasty as you are being! IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY
HELPFUL ADVIDE TO GIVE JUST MOVE ON.

The problem is that you seem to be the interpreter of what is and is not
helpful advice. Why do you feel the need to exercise such power over total
strangers whose issues you pour contempt on and don't even try to
understand?

I just don't think she has the right to be nasty with me. Nasty is not
helpful.

Old October 14th 07, 02:33 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Default Offsite Crossposting to alt.child-support from FamilyKB

DB wrote:
"Gini" wrote in

ugh What a bunch o' crap. I'm going to filter them out.

Many people already have!

I see she has a whopping total of 3 people that have signed her petition to
put all the dead beats in jail! LOL

----------------
If we make it harder on the non-custodial parents instead of the custodial
parents it would save the courts and child support enforcement agencies alot
of time and money. However when we just let these deadbeats get away with it
time and time again they learn nothing happens to them so they dont care. So
start enforcing these laws - start putting these bums in jail - make it hard
on them stop playing games with them - these are kids we are trying to
feed - we are not playing make believe - we are trying to raise real kids,
not babydolls. Enforce this law in all counties of Maryland. I live in Anne
Arundel County

If you are not a deadbeat you should not take offense.

Old October 14th 07, 02:37 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Shadow36 wrote:
It looks like there are a lot of deadbeat supporters, enablers, and
deadbeats on this usenet group. This particular thread is not for

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
be
me, but you sound paranoid.

I never said anything of the sort. Do you have a comprehension problem? Your
little web site that you post on Is cross posting to the usenet group
alt.child-support, and It should not be. Is that simple enough for you? Do
you understand now?

Yes you did, so do not deny it.

Old October 14th 07, 02:43 PM posted to alt.child-support
Sarah Gray

Illiana via FamilyKB.com wrote:
teachrmama wrote:
It looks like there are a lot of deadbeat supporters, enablers, and
deadbeats on this usenet group. This particular thread is not for

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
It is a parenting group (Group Name Parenting Parenting),

I'm certainly not posting to that group--your posts are coming to the group
I am posting to.

Well I am sorry about that, but I am not the one who is in charge of the web
domain, and I don’t have control as to where the thread will be posted.

yes you do. it has been explained to you. just stop posting at that website.

It’s
nice to know that at least one person with opposite views on child support
did not find a need to be blatantly nasty, and bossy.
Why would the Gini identity tell me I had to leave, and she was here first?
Is she like some type of psycho that thinks she is the only person with the
right to post an opposite view?

--

Sarah Gray