another thing - white milky discharge and anal rash?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 22nd 06, 10:12 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default another thing - white milky discharge and anal rash?

Thanks to all for humouring me through my many paranoid new mom
questions. Here's another -

first, most of DDs other 'symptoms' have subsided. She still has the
face/neck rash but it's gone way down. She's eating well, fussing less,
etc. So I'm inclined to think there's no regular food intolerance going
(phew) but I'm still watching things.

However, in the last few days she's developed a rash around the anus,
kind of long/narrow shaped, not like the normal diaper rash. It's
gotten better with butt paste,but not completely gone. Today she had a
runny bottom episode. I know it's hard to tell with BF babies, but this
was very watery, not just mucousy (which she has often enough). Still
yellow. but no blood. as I was changing that diaper, she had a milky
white discharge from the urethra. I can't tell if she's had more,
because I can't see it in her diapers. She's not yet had more
diarrhea-like episodes. milky white discharge seems a bit weird though.

no fever, no other obvious problems. Eating fine, no unusual fussiness
- in fact much calmer than she has been in awhile. She doesn't sleep a
lot - her naps are short, max 30 mins. but she's sleeping ok at night
(4 hrs, feed, then 2-3 hrs, then up for the day...)

I have to call the pedi for an appt next week anyway, but any thoughts?