swimsuit ordeal

Old June 16th 08, 03:07 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

Default swimsuit ordeal

In article , dejablues says...

Hook it backwards and twist it into place!

Hee hee "hook it backwards and twist it into place". Like, no way! Like,
ouchish.

This I'll put with "slip the bra on under a towel in the swimming pool ladies'
locker room if someone has their boy there with them" and "you can nurse the
baby by holding it in one arm like so then your other arm is free for doing
other things".

You know how they put people in wheelchair for a day and have them figure out
how to get around?

I think a DD set should be strapped on some folks who give advice like this. E
to FF for the nursing advice. Then stand back and watch them slip bras on
discreetly under towels and twist them this way and that and stuff.

Banty

Old June 16th 08, 03:53 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Banty wrote:

In article , dejablues says...

Hook it backwards and twist it into place!

Hee hee "hook it backwards and twist it into place". Like, no way! Like,
ouchish.

Right - I thought maybe I was deficient as I could never do this

This I'll put with "slip the bra on under a towel in the swimming pool ladies'
locker room if someone has their boy there with them" and "you can nurse the
baby by holding it in one arm like so then your other arm is free for doing
other things".

Some babies you can do this with but you'd probably have to be a
little bit ambidextrous.

And some mothers can do it. When I had my first one, one of the other
mothers in the squadron also had one about the same time, but it was
her 5th one. She could make pb&j sandwiches for lunch while nursing.
Fortunately mine were all greedy nursers and didn't faff around
eating.

Old June 16th 08, 04:02 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , Rosalie B. says...

Banty wrote:

In article , dejablues says...

Hook it backwards and twist it into place!

Hee hee "hook it backwards and twist it into place". Like, no way! Like,
ouchish.

Right - I thought maybe I was deficient as I could never do this

Hee. It even sets up a funny picture. Maybe we could do it to the tune of
"Climb Ev'ry Mountain".

This I'll put with "slip the bra on under a towel in the swimming pool ladies'
locker room if someone has their boy there with them" and "you can nurse the
baby by holding it in one arm like so then your other arm is free for doing
other things".

Some babies you can do this with but you'd probably have to be a
little bit ambidextrous.

I needed a arm to hold a baby, and the other hand to steady the breast and hold
back some of it.

And some mothers can do it. When I had my first one, one of the other
mothers in the squadron also had one about the same time, but it was
her 5th one. She could make pb&j sandwiches for lunch while nursing.
Fortunately mine were all greedy nursers and didn't faff around
eating.

Oh, I know it! I got ambidextrous about doing stuff while I held my son on my
hip or in my arms. I just was never going to be one of those people who could
do that and nurse him too.

Banty

Old June 16th 08, 07:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

Banty wrote:
In article , Rosalie B. says...
Banty wrote:

[...]

I couldn't either - and I was flat-chested before having babies and not
much more while nursing. I've never understood people who claim nursing
is easier than bottle-feeding because you can do it one-handed. I
could bottle-feed a child one-handed with no problem, but breastfeed
one-handed? No way.

Clisby

Banty

Old June 16th 08, 07:31 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , Clisby says...

Banty wrote:
In article , Rosalie B. says...
Banty wrote:

[...]

Yep. I also wasn't going to nurse half-asleep while lying in bed. Which is
what all the bedsharing people tell you about how it makes everything easy.
(Nothing against bedsharing.) I felt I needed to be able to pay attention to
the nursing.

Banty

Old June 16th 08, 08:09 PM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

Banty wrote:
In article , Clisby says...
Banty wrote:
In article , Rosalie B. says...
Banty wrote:

[...]

I had to pay attention because my son would latch onto *anything*.
Even at age two, he once practically took out a chunk of skin because he
was sleepy and tried to latch onto my ribcage. A couple of experiences
like that, and you're not likely to encourage a free-ranger (in bed or not).

Clisby

Banty

Old June 16th 08, 08:31 PM posted to misc.kids
MarieD[_2_]

"Clisby" wrote in message
I had to pay attention because my son would latch onto *anything*. Even at
age two, he once practically took out a chunk of skin because he was
sleepy and tried to latch onto my ribcage. A couple of experiences like
that, and you're not likely to encourage a free-ranger (in bed or not).

That was a problem with my youngest, I had several bruises all over the
sides of my breasts where she'd latch on if I happened to fall asleep.
She wouldn't take a pacifier and the breast was all she'd take, so I had to
be able to do just about everything one-armed or nothing much would have
gotten done. I can see how it wouldn't work for some people, though.
Marie

Old June 16th 08, 08:55 PM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
Banty wrote:

[...]

I think I'm one of those. When you have more than one, I think it sometimes
just becomes necessary to not stop the world when the baby needs to nurse.
I don't think there was much I didn't do with DDs nursing at the same time.
Especially DD2 - I just couldn't do it LOL Vacuuming, doing dishes,
preparing meals... Things still needed to be done, and I found it was almost
easier to do it with the baby feeding and sleeping on me. I did, however,
use a wrap with DD2 once she was a little bigger or when it was more
necessary (like vacuuming!)

Old June 16th 08, 09:37 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

You make it sound like it's all impossible. I've done the "hook it
backwards and twist into place." I've also done the nurse with one arm with
one arm free with both babies. I've never slipped on a bra under a towel in
the ladies room when there is a boy present because I'm not that
self-conscious. It's not like all that is advice no one has ever tried
before. Someone must have tried it and it worked (it did for me).

Old June 16th 08, 09:52 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , toypup says...

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

Didn't say it didnt work for anybody. Just agreed with Rosalie that it doesnt
work for everybody.

Whats your bra size?

Banty