Poll: Birth Control

Old December 23rd 05, 03:19 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Birth Control

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
"all the way down" to where? Surely he couldn't have trimmed them so that
they were shorter than flush with the opening of the cervix, unless he
dilated your cervix? Because you can't open scissors inside the cervical
canal really. Oh ouch it hurts to think of it...

I think they're flush. I know that neither of us can feel them at all
anymore, but I also remember him saying that he didn't need the strings to
be able to remove it. I don't remember clearly right now.

Jess

Old December 23rd 05, 03:20 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

" wrote in message
oups.com...
You mean they should install a stopcock? ;-)

*howls*

That's exquisite.

Jess

Old December 23rd 05, 03:21 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
oups.com...
(I'm guessing a lot of people will cringe and groan at the squick
factor on *this*!)

Actually, the thought just crossed my mind that such a wonderful invention
would mean one could locate...

*ahem*

Wow. What convenience. *ingenously innocent grin*

Jess

Old December 23rd 05, 07:18 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article ,
Chookie wrote:

I think some of you need to calm down a bit.

Seeing the way the discussion is going, I will add: Hasn't it occurred to any
of you that the post was humorous?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old December 23rd 05, 02:22 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In R0Kqf.6785$NS.3260@dukeread04,
Jess wrote:

*
*"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
* "all the way down" to where? Surely he couldn't have trimmed them so that
* they were shorter than flush with the opening of the cervix, unless he
* dilated your cervix? Because you can't open scissors inside the cervical
* canal really. Oh ouch it hurts to think of it...
*
*I think they're flush. I know that neither of us can feel them at all
*anymore, but I also remember him saying that he didn't need the strings to
*be able to remove it. I don't remember clearly right now.

Ah. Just wondering. Because mine were flush with the opening of the os,
and that resulted in knifelike stabbing pains on my poor husband! I ended
up having it removed (he just used alligator forceps or something to grab
the bit that he could reach) which was no big deal, and Berlex provided
another one for free, so, it all worked out in the end.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

Old December 23rd 05, 02:36 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Sidheag McCormack wrote:
Amy writes:

Catherine Woodgold wrote:

Nobody's being forced into anything. There's always abstinence.

...which is probably a thousand times worse for a marriage than being
coerced (because I'm not actually planning on getting him drunk and
taking him to the clinic to get a V against his will, in spite of how I,
apparently, sound) into having a V.

Hmm. I've been thinking about this a lot though not posting this far, and I
think it really is a question of who controls what (as Circe I think said).
I think you have a right to refuse to modify your body by drugs or
insertions or whatever - and I *completely* see your point that what with
being in charge of contraception for years and having children you'll have
done your bit anyway! I think you have a right to refuse to have sex. I
don't think you have a right to tell someone else to modify his body.

So I think one way to present it would be: "I'm not willing to handle
contraception any more. I'm not willing to have unprotected sex."
(Optional: "And I don't think the reliability of condoms is high enough, so
I'm not willing to have sex protected only by a condom, either.") "So
unless you handle contraception, the natural consequence will be no
[vaginal!] sex. Your choice."

That's an ultimatum. Which is no better than "suck it up you have to do
it," but suggets the woman does not want/like sex anyway. Is that
normal?

Withholding sex is not good for a marriage, IMNSHO.

And besides, it would really suck.

Why not discuss and come to a compromise both can live with?

Old December 23rd 05, 03:04 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Chookie" wrote in message
I think some of you need to calm down a bit.

Seeing the way the discussion is going, I will add: Hasn't it occurred to

any
of you that the post was humorous?

That's exactly what I was thinking. That's Amy's posting style. She is very
aggresive and humerous at the same time. Although, I will say that every
time vasectomy is mentioned, people do get all up in arms. It's like some
cannot even comprehend that some parents are done having children and really
do not want anymore, no matter what. Having children is not the be all and
end all. There are other things in life.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)