It's Official: Teflon is a ''Likely'' Carcinogen and is found in food packaging...

Old February 16th 06, 04:01 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.health,misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default It's Official: Teflon is a ''Likely'' Carcinogen and is found in food packaging...

In article .com,
Tim Campbell wrote:

The EPA has already urged companies to voluntarily ban their use of
perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) -- a chemical used in making Teflon.

An independent scientific review panel advising the EPA took it a step
further, ruling Teflon and other non-stick and stain-resistant
chemicals are "likely" carcinogens.

No they didn't, Timmy. They only mentioned PFOA. They didn't say
that Teflon was a likely carcinogen.

Typical of you to get it wrong.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"If you can't say something nice, then sit next to me."
-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Old February 16th 06, 04:10 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.health,misc.kids.breastfeeding

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
Tim Campbell wrote:

The EPA has already urged companies to voluntarily ban their use of
perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) -- a chemical used in making Teflon.

An independent scientific review panel advising the EPA took it a step
further, ruling Teflon and other non-stick and stain-resistant
chemicals are "likely" carcinogens.

No they didn't, Timmy. They only mentioned PFOA. They didn't say
that Teflon was a likely carcinogen.

Typical of you to get it wrong.

Now, that's not fair David. Timmy typically does get things wrong, yes,
but in this instance it's more likely that he deliberately misquoted
rather than misunderstood.

Cathy

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

Old February 17th 06, 06:02 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.health,misc.kids.breastfeeding

David Wright wrote:

No they didn't, Timmy. They only mentioned PFOA. They didn't say
that Teflon was a likely carcinogen.

Then keep using it David.

Old February 17th 06, 05:56 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.health,misc.kids.breastfeeding

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
Tim Campbell wrote:

The EPA has already urged companies to voluntarily ban their use of
perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) -- a chemical used in making Teflon.

An independent scientific review panel advising the EPA took it a step
further, ruling Teflon and other non-stick and stain-resistant
chemicals are "likely" carcinogens.

No they didn't, Timmy. They only mentioned PFOA. They didn't say
that Teflon was a likely carcinogen.

DuPont stated there is no PFOA left in Teflon-coated pans during
cooking because the PFOA is destroyed during the manufacturing process,
so they don't know why PFOA is turning up in human blood samples
nationwide. I guess it's magic. Do yourself a favor and dump
teflon-treated products. http://www.newstarget.com/001809.html

PeterB

Old February 18th 06, 05:20 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.health,misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article .com,
Tim Campbell wrote:

David Wright wrote:

No they didn't, Timmy. They only mentioned PFOA. They didn't say
that Teflon was a likely carcinogen.

Then keep using it David.

I intend to. It's not as though I'm going to get my health advice
from liars like you.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

Old February 18th 06, 06:43 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.health,misc.kids.breastfeeding

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
Tim Campbell wrote:

Then keep using it David.

I intend to. It's not as though I'm going to get my health advice
from liars like you.

Derive your health advice from any source you chose David...believe the
medical, governmental and corporate entities...afterall they have your
best interests at heart...;^)

Old February 19th 06, 06:33 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.health,misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
Tim Campbell wrote:

The EPA has already urged companies to voluntarily ban their use of
perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) -- a chemical used in making Teflon.

An independent scientific review panel advising the EPA took it a step
further, ruling Teflon and other non-stick and stain-resistant
chemicals are "likely" carcinogens.

No they didn't, Timmy. They only mentioned PFOA. They didn't say
that Teflon was a likely carcinogen.

DuPont stated there is no PFOA left in Teflon-coated pans during
cooking because the PFOA is destroyed during the manufacturing process,
so they don't know why PFOA is turning up in human blood samples
nationwide. I guess it's magic. Do yourself a favor and dump
teflon-treated products.

I'll do myself a bigger favor and ignore your advice.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

Old February 19th 06, 09:35 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.health,misc.kids.breastfeeding

David Wright wrote:
Whose interests do you have at heart? Truth is clearly way down

your
priority list.

In case you haven't noticed, I regularly tell folks to try various
health modalities for themselves. The Creator has endowed each of us
with a most wonderful bio-chemical laboratory...use it...and discover
health truth for yourself...

Old February 24th 06, 06:46 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.health,misc.kids.breastfeeding

DuPont stated there is no PFOA left in Teflon-coated pans during
cooking because the PFOA is destroyed during the manufacturing process,
so they don't know why PFOA is turning up in human blood samples
nationwide. I guess it's magic.

With almost every teflon skillet I have had the teflon coating comes up and
ends up in my food at some point in time, so I get these little black
crunchy things to chew on. I agree teflon is worthless. What's wrong with
an iron skillet and some olive oil?

http://www.usenet.com