Interesting ebay auction

Old July 25th 05, 11:12 PM
CME

Default Interesting ebay auction

".'Kate" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ry=14 69&rd=1

I have no idea if it's a scam. I hope it is 'cause if not, I feel really
sorry for the kids.

'Kate

I don't understand why he can't petition the court to change the maintenance
agreement...

Christine

Old July 26th 05, 01:38 PM
CME

".'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:12:08 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I don't understand why he can't petition the court to change the
maintenance
agreement...

Yeah. I wondered about that too. If I'm not mistaken, he wrote that he'd
already tried. It wouldn't make sense unless he had no way to prove how
often his ex had the kids.

'Kate

Then why not go after the ex for full parental rights? I mean if he's
already got them as much as he says, I don't see the problem... His case
lacks common sense, then again, the courts often make judgements that make
no sense at all, but I don't know, there's something about his situation
that doesn't ring true.

Christine

Old July 26th 05, 03:36 PM
P. Fritz

".'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:38:53 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

".'Kate" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:12:08 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I don't understand why he can't petition the court to change the
maintenance
agreement...

$$$$$$$$$

Yeah. I wondered about that too. If I'm not mistaken, he wrote that

he'd
already tried. It wouldn't make sense unless he had no way to prove how
often his ex had the kids.

He petitions, she gets served, she demands the kids back.......they go to
court and the court maintains the status quo.........this is NOT that
unusual of a situation.

'Kate

Then why not go after the ex for full parental rights?

$$$$$$$.

And there is very high odds he would no get them

His contention was that if the money is to support the kids and his ex
never had the kids, then shouldn't the support be adjusted to reflect
that?

I mean if he's
already got them as much as he says, I don't see the problem... His case
lacks common sense, then again, the courts often make judgements that

make
no sense at all, but I don't know, there's something about his situation
that doesn't ring true.

You would be amazed at how commmon that situation is.

I think it's because we're not hearing both sides. What if the ex is
maintaining a 2 bedroom apartment rather than the studio apartment that
she needs for herself.

The same situation....in reverse, is ignored by the courts every day of the
week.....why should she be any different.

Even though the kids are not physically with her,
her expenses are still, in part, for support of the kids.

And the same goes for every NCP across the country.

She's getting
support as if she had physical custody when he is the one actually
raising them. He wants his money.

I don't blame him for that.

By making a big stink of this, he
gets to stick it to the ex for being a ****ty mother and show what a
good father he is for raising the kids all on his own.

That is the one thing that I do not agree with WRT his tactics.

'Kate

Old July 26th 05, 05:08 PM
P. Fritz

".'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:36:12 -0400, "P. Fritz"
the following was posted in blue dry erase
marker:

I think it's because we're not hearing both sides. What if the ex is
maintaining a 2 bedroom apartment rather than the studio apartment that
she needs for herself.

The same situation....in reverse, is ignored by the courts every day of

the
week.....why should she be any different.

Really? That must be why I said what I did.

Is it.....it didn't come across that way.

Even though the kids are not physically with her,
her expenses are still, in part, for support of the kids.

And the same goes for every NCP across the country.

Really? (see above)

See above

She's getting
support as if she had physical custody when he is the one actually
raising them. He wants his money.

I don't blame him for that.

Of course you don't. Most women wouldn't blame him for that. They'd like
that killer instinct that made this father go online with his story.
What makes it unusual is his gender. He is a minority WRT care of his
children. If he was a woman, this would not even be an issue. Women
don't get the same treatment as single parents.

You are right, the courts will provide all kinds of services for 'single
moms' they all but ignore single fathers with custody.

We don't have the same
training with regard to our efficacy in these situations. Or perhaps
it's more true that women still earn less than men who are in the same
jobs.

That myth has been disproven so many times I am surprised you repeated it.

Maybe women are more willing to settle.

Maybe men who make more
money have a little woman who is taking care of the family so that they
can go the extra mile at work and make that promotion or bonus or
overtime. Or maybe the threat of maternity leave makes employers think
twice and hold a little reserve back just in case they have to pay a
woman for the six weeks that she has off (in the US).

Great thinking....employers should be forced to pay for someone's personal
choices.

Or maybe women are
just not all about the money because of our gender biased training to be
good mommies.

Yeah.....right.....................

I don't blame him either. I want that same training. I
want to not give a **** about other people as much as my money. I want
the feeling that of course my spouse will take care of the kids if I
*choose* to work late because that's his job anyway and he's *naturally*
better at it... childcare, cooking, cleaning... because he's a man. I
wouldn't mind dinner on the table ready for me or my laundry washed by
someone else as if it's my right.... I want to be thanked when I do
something in the home because it's not really my job. I want to be able
to look like a really great spouse because I'm doing something out of
the box like vacuuming. Men get that, Paul. Most of them.

Maybe you should stop feeling sorry for youself for being a women. Women
live longer lives, have more entitlements etc etc............women get that
kate......most of them

By making a big stink of this, he
gets to stick it to the ex for being a ****ty mother and show what a
good father he is for raising the kids all on his own.

That is the one thing that I do not agree with WRT his tactics.

We don't know his motivation... we do know the outcome.

ebay auction 50+ lot of clothes Lucy Pregnancy 0 May 17th 05 01:57 PM
Hilarious Ebay Listing kylee General 17 June 8th 04 01:18 AM
OFF TOPIC-Funny Ebay Auction SBA Pregnancy 0 June 6th 04 04:46 AM