Child Psychology Book

Old April 17th 07, 06:03 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Child Psychology Book

Hi group,

My 4-year-old son is acting strange lately. Her teacher said he cried
and got scared easily at school. For the past two days he hasn't been
very eager to go to school. He was never like that and the teacher
asked if we have had a lot of environmental changes that he seems to
be lack of sense of security. We told her we are going through
renovation, my wife is changing job and apparently we've been paying
more attention to his younger sister as she's banging and tumbling
while learning to walk. We do spend a lot of time with him after work
but still it doesn't seem to ease the situation.

Can someone suggest something to do or a book to read that deals with
sense of security or that sort of things? Thanks.

Old April 17th 07, 06:17 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi group,

My 4-year-old son is acting strange lately. Her teacher said he cried
and got scared easily at school. For the past two days he hasn't been
very eager to go to school. He was never like that and the teacher
asked if we have had a lot of environmental changes that he seems to
be lack of sense of security. We told her we are going through
renovation, my wife is changing job and apparently we've been paying
more attention to his younger sister as she's banging and tumbling
while learning to walk. We do spend a lot of time with him after work
but still it doesn't seem to ease the situation.

If these issues are at school then it's possible then there's an issue
there. I would check that out if you don't think he's having these problems
at home.

Can someone suggest something to do or a book to read that deals with
sense of security or that sort of things? Thanks.

I'd stick on the giving him positive attention. Say (in his hearing) to his
younger sister, "I can't do that for you at the moment because I'm doing ***
for your brother". Let him help, he can clean the car with you, or cook, or
plant seeds.

Debbie

Old April 17th 07, 06:29 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Thanks Debbie. That's a good point. He mentioned yesterday that he
saw a girl not happy and while he's trying to cheer the girl up she
turned away. I think he may be hurt by the feeling of being
rejected. He also mentioned someone threw a ball at him during
play.

On Apr 17, 1:17 pm, "Welches"
wrote:

ups.com... Hi group,

Old April 18th 07, 06:24 AM posted to misc.kids
Emma

My 4-year old son went through something like this too while we were
doing some simple painting and remodeling. We thought that something
bad must have happened at school. His teacher showed concern, and so
did we. My husband and I both tried to give him extra attention, but
that didn't seem to help. His teacher then asked if he ever had a
"difficult" stage as a 2 or 3 year old, you know, like the terrible
two's? We said that he has always been an angel... a very easy child.
She said that some kids, and usually it's the boys, go through this
stage as late as 4 years old. Anyway, we never knew what the problem
was and it didn't last longer than 2 months. But it sure was a long 2
months!!!

Good luck!

em

Old April 18th 07, 07:30 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

The past weeks felt like a month to me .... Thanks for the tips. We
will hang on and see.