Bitter rant

Old January 10th 04, 10:13 AM
Andrew

Default Bitter rant

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Andrew wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Andrew wrote in message
Just a bitter rant. Tonight I went on a binge (solo) as tomorrow my
daughter
is due back with her mother and I am just hoping and praying she

comes
back
from Sweden. I think she will but I don't know. The bitter rant part

is
that
people left because it was too hard the life we had and to try to

let
people
relax the year someone left they had one holiday in St Lucia, three
holidays
in Zambia where they eventually settled and numerous nights out with

old
school friends suddenly discovered from back in 79 all in the one

year.
Also
they only worked part time to make life easier. Muggins just worked,
looked
after kid and hoped other party would be able to relax after all the

work
they had put in looking after the house etc and had no holidays.

sorry guys and I fully expect to be flamed. I am bitter. Right now I

am
bloody bitter. (also a bit drunk) I think I gave everything. For

three
years
I took no break no holiday no weekend etc and now for the past year

have
the same but I am also mummy, daddy, breadwinner, there are no

weekend
breaks due to the country boundaries I am doing it 24/7 365 but it

was
'hard' for other people???? I really thought I was doing the best

for
my
family. In hindsight I probably should have stepped back and looked

at
human
issues but you want to give everything you can and the best you can

etc
etc
etc. If you want me to slow down then tell me FFS! I am not a mind

reader!
now do the dad, the mum, the work,the kids play, I attend every
performance
of every school play she is in, I pay the school fees, the housing

costs,
talk to the teachers when I think there are issues, do the cooking,

pick
up,
transport, minding and I don't ask a thing from anyone. I am human

too,
its
tough.I could use help. This Xmas only two people remembered me and

sent
me
cards, my mother and my accountant. I gotta tell you it hurts. when

you
marry you lose the single friends, when you get a kid you tend to

lose
the
ones without, when you split you are just a pariah. well, stuff the

lot
of
you world. when i get back on top ....

that boot you see in your face is gonna be mine!!!

I want to offer you some kind words but first I have no idea what you

are
talking about in your first paragraph. Nothing like posting while
intoxicated. I have long learned not to email or post. Of course I

have
not had a drink in months so that is easy.

I think it is harder for parents who use to be with the partner and

then
the
other leaves. I have always been a single parent so I know no

different.
Vent and get it out of your system. Don't worry about everyone else in

the
world, the only ones that should matter in your world is you and your

kid.
The only people that matter in my world is me and my kid. Call it
selfish...... hell, maybe it is.

Mostly though Andrew..... you are tough and kind. Don't get are

stressed
out
thinking you have to be the perfect parent to make up for the absent

parent.
It just isn't going to happen. You can't me MOM and DAD. You are Dad.

If
you
could use help..... have you asked for it?

Tiff

Hi Tiff,

Good old intoxication. Sorry, quick bit of background. My wife left the
country Oct 2002 so no visitations or anything and her request to come

and
take our daughter to spend Xmas with my wifes dad in Sweden was the

first
'visitation' type thing since then hence my worries.

Happy New Year,

Andrew

Let us know when your daughter arrives home safely.

Thanks for concern. She got home 5 Jan. All happy and excited to be back.

Andrew