Runaway teenagers [very long reply]

Old September 14th 04, 12:23 AM
Joelle

Default Runaway teenagers [very long reply]

I don't believe any of this. Either this is a troll, or you have SOOO many
problems that a newsgroup is not the place for you to find help. Get thee to a
therapist.
Keep the thread going if you like as it is a good sounding board for me and
others.

Yea, which makes me think my first inclination was correct. If so, shame on
you for making Cele go through her own trama again just to help you. If not,
go get some help now.

Joelle

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old September 14th 04, 03:36 AM
Ms Louise Clayton

Joelle
my blood ran cold when I read what you wrote.
How dare you I am going thru things like this and as you can see other
parents like Cele have been thru similar traumas
i hope only that you never go thru traumas such as mine or Celes.
again all I can say is how dare you,
these types of replies remove the purpose of the support chat lines, that is
to be able to air your problems and look for solutions without prejudice or
ignorant people making comments like you have.
they are the types of comments that cause people to fall deeper into the
depths of despair and commit suicide if unstable.
shame
Chloe

Old September 14th 04, 11:00 AM
Purchgdss

Joelle
my blood ran cold when I read what you wrote.
How dare you I am going thru things like this and as you can see other
parents like Cele have been thru similar traumas
i hope only that you never go thru traumas such as mine or Celes.
again all I can say is how dare you,
these types of replies remove the purpose of the support chat lines, that is
to be able to air your problems and look for solutions without prejudice or
ignorant people making comments like you have.
they are the types of comments that cause people to fall deeper into the
depths of despair and commit suicide if unstable.
shame
Chloe

Chloe, you obviously haven't read the FAQ before you posted or you'd know that
your statements about this newsgroup are flat out wrong.

I tend to agree with Joelle on this issue, if you have as many issues as you
mentioned, a single parents newsgroup is not the help you need. You need
INTENSE therapy.

This is NOT a "feel good, support you stupidly just because you're a single
parent" group. This a group that freely speaks their minds although it's not
always what you want to hear, sometimes it's what you need.

Personally, I'd go elsewhere for the "feel good" BS.... I like the real world
common sense here.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine
Old September 14th 04, 02:05 PM
Joelle

i hope only that you never go thru traumas such as mine or Celes.

Well I hope you never go through the traumas I have been through. You think
you are the only one who has suffered in the world?

ll I can say is how dare you

You asked, I gave you my perspective. Something about your story doesn't ring
true. I don't believe you are being truthful, either about all the trauma, or
your part in it. You refuse to take any responsiblity and blame it on some
boy. If your home was as happy as you say, no boy would have that kind of
power over your daughter.

urpose of the support chat lines, that is

This is not a chat line. This is usenet.

hat is
to be able to air your problems and look for solutions without prejudice or
ignorant people making comments

Hahaha, usenet is where lots of ignorant people make comments, which is where
this should be the last place you should be seeking help. If you are for real,
you probably dont' want to go to therapy because a therapist will make you face
your own responsibility in this.

Old September 14th 04, 06:25 PM
Joelle

You can't label someone a troll just because you think they have too
many problems

Well, of course you never think ANYthing I say or do is right. But I stand by
my first inclination. I don't think this person is real.

The way she dismissed the advice she got and then told us to go ahead and
discussed her problems clinched it for me. Someone who is worried about their
kid isn't interested in reading people discuss their situation.

. And you don't need to protect Cele

I know. You are the only one who is allowed to protect people. Usually from
me. Blah blah blah

Old September 15th 04, 01:59 AM
Purchgdss

It was wrong to toss Chloe out like that. Perhaps, Chloe is receiving
help elsewhere, too. Nobody should judge who can post or not.

I didn't judge who could post, I simply said she obviously didn't read the FAQ
because then she would have known that "feel good" BS isn't to be expected
here. She's free to post anything she wants and we're free to respond with
honesty in our feelings. Again below is her expectation that she will receive
"feel good" support.

again all I can say is how dare you,
these types of replies remove the purpose of the support chat lines, that is
to be able to air your problems and look for solutions without prejudice or
ignorant people making comments like you have.
they are the types of comments that cause people to fall deeper into the
depths of despair and commit suicide if unstable.
shame
Chloe

Seems pretty clear to me that she didn't read the FAQ or lurked for a bit to
see what the group is about. Nothing wrong with that, but then don't jump on
others when they tell you something you don't want to hear.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine