early pregnancy emotions/depression - vent

Old June 26th 05, 05:47 AM
camandshane

Thanks ECM :-) I hope your girlfriends come around (or get
pregnant....)

Cam

Old June 26th 05, 05:48 AM
camandshane

Thanks Jitney - sometimes I think I do need reminding that this is a
wonderfu thing :-)

Old June 26th 05, 06:02 AM
camandshane

Thanks Amy

One of my fears is puking in front of people so I pretty much stay at
home.

I am sooooo looking forward to the second trimester!!!!

Cam (hanging in there)

Old June 26th 05, 06:04 AM
camandshane

Thanks Mogget

It turns out that I had an allergic reaction to the Maxalon and it made
me mental. Now I feel just tired, grumpy and sick :-)

Cam

Old June 26th 05, 06:05 AM
camandshane

Thanks Bryna - I can't wait for this stage to be over - I like the
quote "time-limited misery" - I'll have to share that with my friend
who is 7 weeks pregnant :-)

Cam

Old June 26th 05, 06:18 AM
xkatx

"camandshane" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there

I am about 8 weeks along and feeling absolutely awful - emotionally and
physically. I have had morning sickness for 2.5 weeks which drives me
nuts by itself as it is always there and I get no relief. I have been
feeling angry/depressed/upset for about 2 weeks which I think is par
for early pregnancy - all those bl**dy hormones. My midwife has given
me Maxalon to help with the morning sickness. It has taken the edge of
the nausea but has given me some awful side effects of restlesness,
drowsyness and depression so I have stopped taking them after a day - I
was ready to jump off the nearest building - if I had the energy to
climb the stairs ;-)

Can someone tell me that I am not going crazy that at this time in
pregnancy you do feel exhausted, upset and useless. I am so scared
that I am going crazy. Please tell me this will get better soon.

Thanks for listening
Cam
Mum to Aiden - 13.5 months
EDD 7 Feb 06

You are so not going crazy. I remember feeling the same way, and actually,
for me, I don't think it got better, yet I've survived so far with only a
few more weeks to go. I still feel like ****. I wake up feeling like I've
been run down by a train, but, at least, with #3 for me, I have had NO
morning sickness at all... Just no energy. You're not going crazy - you're
pregnant! Hopefully for you it will get better in a few weeks. If not,
eventually, it will get better no matter what - that baby's gotta come out
sooner or later! Just when is often hard to tell! You're probably just
going through all the typical stuff that almost everyone has to deal with.
Hang in there, it is worth it in the end!

Old June 26th 05, 05:24 PM
oregonchick

[...]

I am now 16 weeks, but between 6 and 10 weeks, when the morning sickness was
at it's worst, so was the depression. I felt absolutely devastated for no
reason, and felt just horrible. I was not a pleasant person to be around.
I even contemplated abortion I was so depressed. My poor hubby was on
eggshells for awhile... I too felt crazy. I was absolutely worthless - I
came home from work and went to bed, and wasn't at all productive.
Fortunately my hubby did all the household stuff while I basically pulled
the covers over my head! I don't know how it is for others, but the nausea
wore off, the energy levels improved, and so did my outlook on life. It
only lasted a few weeks. But I definitely would have talked to my doc if it
had continued much longer - there are always options like antidepressants
and counseling during pregnancy, and it will make for a much happier mom and
baby if you take care of it sooner.

Betsy

Old June 26th 05, 08:19 PM
Mogget

In message . com,
camandshane writes
Thanks Mogget

It turns out that I had an allergic reaction to the Maxalon and it made
me mental.

You poor thing.

Now I feel just tired, grumpy and sick :-)

Now that's normal. Sorry :-) !
--
Mogget
Old June 26th 05, 10:18 PM
camandshane

Thanks! I keep trying to remind myself that it is worth it in the end
:-)

Old June 26th 05, 10:21 PM
camandshane

Hi Betsy

I sounds like you are describing me to a T!!! When I explained to DH a
few weeks ago that I was depressed and angry because of hormones he
looked so releived and said that he thought I was just trying to pi$$
him off on purpose :-)

I'm glad things are good for you now - I can't wait.

Cam