TTC on Valentines ?!?

Old February 14th 04, 03:13 PM
AGreen1209

Default TTC on Valentines ?!?

I think I've lost my sanity

Today is Valentine's Day - also, day 18 of my cycle. I typically O between
days 18 and 20, and based on the signs it's close but not happened yet. Prime
time for ttc, which we really aren't. But -

So, I'm thinking, a baby conceived today would be due the beginning of
November, a Valentine's baby :-)

Then I'm thinking, well, I would be off work probaby until the middle of
December, so baby would start daycare just before or after Christmas (DH is a
teacher, maybe I could take a couple weeks unpaid leave until he's on break for
Christmas).

And that would mean just 5-6 months of baby in daycare, and then summer, and
then I am planning on quitting in the fall of 2005, just before school starts
back up.
Or maybe before then, if it is feasible financially.

I can't believe I'm actually considering this, the plan is not to begin ttc
until late summer or early fall at the earliest!

Hmmm...maybe it's because everyone I know seems to be pg right now.

Of course, there is the fact that I would like to lose 20-30 pounds before
having another baby. And I didn't really want to be working full time while
pg, and especially not with a newborn. And it would be $300 a month more in
daycare. And we'd have to buy a bigger vehicle to accomodate three kids,
because while our Impala is big, I just can't seem to get three seats in the
backseat. And a baby born right before the holidays, only a couple of weeks
old at Thanksgiving and less than two months old at Christmas???

Part of me is tempted to take our chances tonight, since at best we have what,
a 25% chance of conceiving, and take it from there. And part of me thinks, but
that would be silly ...

I don't know what will happen, but I am wondering why I am even considering it.
But then I think about having another little one here, another little one
nursing, and watching another little one discover the world, and watching my
other two play with the new one . . . and maybe we can afford for me to quit
this fall after all.
Amanda

Old February 14th 04, 03:21 PM
Carol Ann

:: I think I've lost my sanity
::
[...]

Personally, I say, have *fun* tonite and see what happens! I'll bet no
matter WHAT happens, you will at least be able to say, Valentine's in 2004
was awesome!!

~Carol Ann

Old February 14th 04, 03:30 PM
Sophie

"AGreen1209" wrote in message
I think I've lost my sanity

Today is Valentine's Day - also, day 18 of my cycle. I typically O

between
days 18 and 20, and based on the signs it's close but not happened yet.

Prime
time for ttc, which we really aren't. But -

So, I'm thinking, a baby conceived today would be due the beginning of
November, a Valentine's baby :-)

Patrick is an early November baby

Then I'm thinking, well, I would be off work probaby until the middle of
December, so baby would start daycare just before or after Christmas (DH

is a
teacher, maybe I could take a couple weeks unpaid leave until he's on

break for
Christmas).
And that would mean just 5-6 months of baby in daycare, and then summer,

and
then I am planning on quitting in the fall of 2005, just before school

starts
back up.
Or maybe before then, if it is feasible financially.

That all sounds good.

I can't believe I'm actually considering this, the plan is not to begin

ttc
until late summer or early fall at the earliest!

Lol. Plans, what are those?

Hmmm...maybe it's because everyone I know seems to be pg right now.

Of course, there is the fact that I would like to lose 20-30 pounds before
having another baby. And I didn't really want to be working full time

while
pg, and especially not with a newborn. And it would be $300 a month more

in
daycare. And we'd have to buy a bigger vehicle to accomodate three kids,
because while our Impala is big, I just can't seem to get three seats in

the
backseat.

I'm glad we already knew we'd be having more/a lot when we went vehicle
shopping and got a van. Having to buy a bigger vehcile for another child is
a big thing to consider.

And a baby born right before the holidays, only a couple of weeks
old at Thanksgiving and less than two months old at Christmas???

I personally don't mind P's early Nov birthday - it's before the holiday
rush. L's mid-Dec one *stinks* and if someone asked, I would *never*
recommend that time of year for a baby to be born.

Part of me is tempted to take our chances tonight, since at best we have

what,
a 25% chance of conceiving, and take it from there. And part of me

thinks, but
that would be silly ...

I say go for it, who knows.

I don't know what will happen, but I am wondering why I am even

considering it.
But then I think about having another little one here, another little one
nursing, and watching another little one discover the world, and watching

my
other two play with the new one . . . and maybe we can afford for me to

quit
this fall after all.
Amanda

Good luck!

Old February 14th 04, 03:41 PM
AGreen1209

I'm glad we already knew we'd be having more/a lot when we went vehicle
shopping and got a van. Having to buy a bigger vehcile for another child is
a big thing to consider.

Well, we have a Cavalier that's paid for but has 103,000 miles on it, and the
new Impala. The plan is to replace the Cavalier with a bigger vehicle, like a
minivan or SUV. But we really wanted to wait a bit longer . . .

I say go for it, who knows.

We'll see :-)

Amanda

Old February 14th 04, 03:44 PM
Welches

[...]

If you don't want a child in November, you probably even less want one in
December. Personally I'd avoid January too as they'll end up with double
presents just as much... If they're due in February, they could be a month
early, and hit January anyway...
That's a quarter to a third of the year you'll be avoiding.
DD#1 and #2 are both the end of October birthdays, and I think it's a lovely
age for Christmas. Just smiling, small enough to cuddle lots and pass
arround, small enough to be able to say "sorry I can't wash up as I've got
to feed her now". They're also not crawling so there's no worries about
leaving the presents out, or small decorations. You'll also have recovered
in time to do shopping afterwards, but it doesn't feel stupidly early to
begin before hand, but should still be in the people willing to help stage.
A good excuse for someone else cooking the turkey. Gives you something to
write on the Christmas letter...
You can't guarantee they'll be on time anyway!
Debbie

Old February 14th 04, 09:31 PM
Daye

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:30:55 -0500, "Sophie"
wrote:

I personally don't mind P's early Nov birthday - it's before the holiday
rush. L's mid-Dec one *stinks* and if someone asked, I would *never*
recommend that time of year for a baby to be born.

My mother is an early Nov baby (Nov 4). She loves her birthday. It
is far enough away from Xmas that she doesn't get lost in the rush.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
Old February 14th 04, 09:34 PM
Daye

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:44:47 -0000, "Welches"
wrote:

If you don't want a child in November, you probably even less want one in
December. Personally I'd avoid January too as they'll end up with double
presents just as much... If they're due in February, they could be a month
early, and hit January anyway...

I had an early January baby on purpose; I wanted a Capricorn. My MIL
and SIL have birthdays the week of Xmas. My nephew's birthday is 12
Jan. All of them at one time or another have received *one* present
for both Xmas and bday.

However, if you are mindful and you remind people, you can your
Dec-Jan baby a lot of grief with it.