Our Adoption Update

Old April 20th 04, 03:52 AM
Jamie Clark

Default Our Adoption Update

All,
We did finally file our taxes, and are expecting a check by the end of this
month. I've already gotten the packet for "second timers" from the agency
that we used to adopt Taylor, and we've filled out almost all of our
paperwork. We had our fingerprinting done last week, which could take up to
4-6 weeks to come back (and if we're lucky, will already be in by the time
we have our appointment), and we have our physicals scheduled for early May.

When we signed up with this agency for our first adoption, we had to attend
an all day session that is only held monthly. At that session you hear the
story from an adoptive family, as well as from a birthmother, along with
some other stuff. The April one is next weekend, which is too soon for Rob
(and we won't have the tax check by then), and the next one is late May, and
we'll be out of town for the June one. I'm so raring to go, but looking at
the calendar and seeing possible delays...

Anyway, I called the agency today, thinking that we'd end up going to the
late May one, and found out that since we are returning clients, we don't
need to do that session at all! Apparently, being an adoptive family, and
having a relationship with our daughter's birthmother, is better than
hearing someone else story~! Who'da thunk?

So, we have an appointment in two weeks, on May 7th, to officially sign up
with our agency for #2. I do things sort of backwards here : ), being so
ready to go and on top of things. Normally, at this meeting the agency
worker would hand us the packet and ask us to fill it out and return it to
them when we can. This portion of the Home study is self directed -- it
could take weeks or months, it just depends on us. The home visits and
one-on-one visits would have to wait until the paperwork is completed and
turned in. In our case, I'll be handing HER the packet, completed, and then
promptly asking her to schedule the rest of the meetings. I even basically
have our Dear Birthmother letter already written, although it needs to be
edited down, and we need new photos. That gives me another month or so to
work on those new photos.

Our first home study was completed in 6 weeks, from the date we walked into
the agency and signed up, to being approved and in the book to be chosen by
a birthmother. I'm trying to see if I can beat my own personal record (and
an agency record at that time as well!). I'm aiming for 4 weeks start to
finish...

Anyway, that's where we're at! I just had to share! I'm so excited, and
I'm starting to think about our potential baby, and I wonder, are they even
conceived yet? Are they a little ball of cells, growing and dividing? I
hope so!

Jamie -- TTC Adoption-Style
& Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest, Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old April 20th 04, 05:10 AM
Zannah

In article et,
"Jamie Clark" wrote:

[...]

That's wonderful and very exciting! Wishing you the best of luck,

Zannah.
Old April 20th 04, 06:26 AM
Emily

How exciting Jamie! Good luck!

--
Emily
mom to Toby 5/1/02
Old April 20th 04, 10:11 AM
Carla

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:52:59 GMT, "Jamie Clark"
wrote:

All,
We did finally file our taxes, and are expecting a check by the end of this
month.

I know that feeling!...We just got ours a couple of weeks ago (well,
the auto-deposit) We finished paying for all of the baby's furniture
and some other 'no interest' furniture that we got a couple months ago
in anticipation of the tax check.

snipped:
Anyway, I called the agency today, thinking that we'd end up going to the
late May one, and found out that since we are returning clients, we don't
need to do that session at all! Apparently, being an adoptive family, and
having a relationship with our daughter's birthmother, is better than
hearing someone else story~! Who'da thunk?

That's so great...congrats!

I just had to share! I'm so excited, and
I'm starting to think about our potential baby, and I wonder, are they even
conceived yet? Are they a little ball of cells, growing and dividing? I
hope so!

How exciting! Taylor & new baby 'to be' are so fortunate!! Does she
know she'll have a new brother or sister soon?

Carla
#1 EDD 5/14/04
Old April 20th 04, 01:01 PM
Plissken

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

That's wonderful Jamie! I'm so excited for you. I hope you get your baby
quickly.

Nadene

Old April 20th 04, 02:17 PM
Kat

I'm so glad things are moving along for you!! Very very exciting! Good
luck! Positive vibes going out to your potential baby:-)
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and Will 02/10/04

Old April 20th 04, 03:16 PM
aml

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message ink.net...
All,
We did finally file our taxes, and are expecting a check by the end of this
month.

Sigh...I owed extra...and unfortunately I have several projects that
are late paying me.

I've already gotten the packet for "second timers" from the agency
that we used to adopt Taylor, and we've filled out almost all of our
paperwork. We had our fingerprinting done last week, which could take up to
4-6 weeks to come back (and if we're lucky, will already be in by the time
we have our appointment), and we have our physicals scheduled for early May.

Amazing what adoptive families have to do...if we all had so much
scrutiny before conceiving, how many would "pass" the test?

(snip)
Anyway, that's where we're at! I just had to share! I'm so excited, and
I'm starting to think about our potential baby, and I wonder, are they even
conceived yet? Are they a little ball of cells, growing and dividing? I
hope so!

Jamie -- TTC Adoption-Style
& Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Best of luck! Hope you break that record.

aml
Old April 20th 04, 05:01 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Wow! I can't believe everything that you have to do in order to adopt,
these days. (I know it's gotten tough in Canada, too) When my
grandparents adopted my aunt, there was no fuss at all. Anyway, the
point of this post is not what I just mentioned, but instead to wish you
luck in getting everything done in 4 weeks! :-)

Old April 20th 04, 05:06 PM
Bryna729

Yay, yay, yay! Sooo excited for you, Jamie! I hope and pray that there is a
baby in your near future as beautiful and healthy as Taylor.

Be well,

Bryna
Mommy to Yosef, 3
& Temima, 1
Old April 20th 04, 05:09 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

aml wrote:
Amazing what adoptive families have to do...if we all had so much
scrutiny before conceiving, how many would "pass" the test?

I was thinking that, too! Absolutely anyone can have a baby, but it
looks like adoptive parents have to practically prove themselves to be
gods, or something. I feel so sorry for people who want to adopt today!
It must be like adding insult to injury.