When looking for childcare options, would you consider a nanny who

Old March 6th 06, 09:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default When looking for childcare options, would you consider a nanny who

states "When deciding to stay at home or go back to work, we decided we
just couldn't put our child in daycare." and then goes on to say what a
great environment she'd provide for someone looking for childcare?

It seems a bit odd. Or am I misinterpreting?

Old March 7th 06, 12:21 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

cjra wrote:
states "When deciding to stay at home or go back to work, we decided we
just couldn't put our child in daycare." and then goes on to say what a
great environment she'd provide for someone looking for childcare?

It seems a bit odd. Or am I misinterpreting?

Many people do not mean the same thing by "daycare"
and "child care." She may mean that she couldn't feel
comfortable with center based care, but felt okay with
home based care. Or maybe she just meant that she, personally,
didn't feel comfortable separating from her young children.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old March 27th 06, 11:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

cjra wrote:
states "When deciding to stay at home or go back to work, we decided we
just couldn't put our child in daycare." and then goes on to say what a
great environment she'd provide for someone looking for childcare?

It seems a bit odd. Or am I misinterpreting?

So she would be watching her kids along with yours?

I will do everything humanly possible not to put my child in "day care",
but a hiring a Nanny wouldn't bother me as long as it was the Nanny's
children and/or mine, ONLY.

The thought of putting my child in day care doesn't sit well with me.
I'd rather be on welfare & living in poverty than put my child in day care.
Old April 2nd 06, 06:30 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Denise~* wrote:
cjra wrote:
states "When deciding to stay at home or go back to work, we decided we
just couldn't put our child in daycare." and then goes on to say what a
great environment she'd provide for someone looking for childcare?

It seems a bit odd. Or am I misinterpreting?

So she would be watching her kids along with yours?

I will do everything humanly possible not to put my child in "day care",
but a hiring a Nanny wouldn't bother me as long as it was the Nanny's
children and/or mine, ONLY.

The thought of putting my child in day care doesn't sit well with me.
I'd rather be on welfare & living in poverty than put my child in day care.

Good for you. I wish more people had your attitude on this subject.

Regards...

Old April 2nd 06, 09:24 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I agree; she probably meant that building brimming with runny nosed
kids (can I have an Amen from anyone who has had to use
institutionalize daycare vs. child care providers.) I would assume
that she meant that she would give your child a great homelike
environment, verses the sterized (haha) daycare one. Still, she
shouldn't be offended if you ask some follow up questions to further
clarify her attitudes.

Old April 2nd 06, 03:54 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

wrote in message
ps.com...
I agree; she probably meant that building brimming with runny nosed
kids (can I have an Amen from anyone who has had to use
institutionalize daycare vs. child care providers.) I would assume
that she meant that she would give your child a great homelike
environment, verses the sterized (haha) daycare one. Still, she
shouldn't be offended if you ask some follow up questions to further
clarify her attitudes.

No Amen from me. Are you going to keep the kids away from school and public
places too? Until kids immune systems have built up their immune systems,
that happens in school too.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old April 3rd 06, 03:06 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Did I mention that my girls have attended daycare? We have all been
there (whether daycare or school) with what many a pediatrician will
refer to as "daycare-itis" and realize that children together (just
like adults on an airplane) swap germs freely. No, my kids go to the
McDonald's play place and the Sunday school class room.

I was actually trying to help explain her thinking. Sorry if my
attempt at humor was off-putting to my message.

Tracy
Also mother of three girls.

Old April 3rd 06, 03:14 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

It could just be that she believes no one else can care for children as
well as she can. Or, that you can't possibly provide an "acceptable"
(to her way of thinking) level of care for as many children as the
typical daycare provider is asked to care for. I think it's worth
asking the questions, you could discover a gem. Or, you could find out
that you loath her. Either way, you will feel better about your
decision.

It's a very personal decision, just as to work or not. I have done
both, daycare and home providers. It's really all about your comfort
level. Ask lots and lots of questions until you find a place that has
mostly right answers (as close to all right as possible.) Remember,
your right answers aren't going to be the same as another mom's right
answers. Have you tried contacting your area university/extension
office outreach people? In our state there is a program to help you
sift through all of this to make the best decision for you and your
family about home providers and daycares as well.

Old April 3rd 06, 05:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

The state sets the level. Here it's 5 babies to one provider. That
number goes up as the children get older.

It's worth checking them out just to be sure. I ended up seeing the
best one on the first visit as well with my first baby. We were
pleased that one of the afternoon workers bonded with our daughter. As
she got older, we switched to a local provider who lived at the end of
our street (a former daycare worker, now a SAHM with 3 school aged kids
of her own.) Since I had switched to part time, it was great for us.
She gave me daily progress reports and really bonded with her, and she
only took one other baby.

Review: Nanny McPhee (** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 February 3rd 06 09:15 PM
Live-in nanny responsibilities [email protected] General 11 July 7th 05 01:48 PM
"How to find a nanny" Mike General 0 May 4th 04 03:36 PM
nanny Fighting for kids Child Support 0 November 3rd 03 12:06 AM
sad about nanny Andrea Breastfeeding 13 August 30th 03 06:03 PM