CM question

Old April 5th 06, 10:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default CM question

Hi,

I've been reading this newsgroup for a while and I was hoping you could
help me. I've looked around online for an answer to my question but nothing
I've found so far seems to be exactly what I am looking for. My husband and
I are TTC. I've been tracking my ovulation using the Clear Blue Easy
Fertility Monitor. Currently, I am on Day 14 of my cycle. According to the
monitor I ovulated last cycle on Day 17. So here's the deal. Yesterday,
Day 13 I noticed in the morning a lot of slippery, clear, stretchy CM
however; by the late afternoon it had seemed to go away. From what I have
read this change in CM happens right before ovulation (or a few days before)
and so far my monitor has said I'm at high fertility, not peak yet. I did
have sex last night and I will have sex everyday until the last day of peak
fertility shows on my monitor. My concern is that I may have missed
ovulation because when the "good" CM goes away it means you ovulated, could
that be? I'm just worried because the CM only lasted yesterday morning, now
I can't seem to detect it however, I;m not really dry either. I've read
it's possible to have plenty of fertile CM high up in the cervix so just
because I don't always feel or see it doesn't mean it's not there. Anyway,
what do you think? If I continue to have sex now though at least Day 18 or
19 are my chances of conceiving high? I'm just worried, as usual. I really
just want to get pregnant and I've been doing everything I can to help it
along. Like I said, I did have sex last night so even if I ovulated there
is the possibility that I "hit the nail on the head" if you will. LOL What
do you guys think? Any advice or insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Kris

Old April 5th 06, 11:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Dboff wrote:
[...]

I think that even if you did only have a few hours of fertile cervical
mucus, you had sex in time to hit the egg, so I wouldn't worry. I'd keep
having sex though, until cd18, just to be sure.

Now, that all being said, I'd say that it's probably pretty rare to have a
few hours of fertile cervical mucus. It's usually a few days. When I was
doing fertilty treatments I went to see my RE during my fertile time. I
didn't notice any mucus at all, but knew that I was likely going to be
ovulating in a few days. My RE commented on what abundant mucus I had at my
cervix, so I really never worried about it.

Finally, is it possible that what you thought was a lot of slippery, clear
stretchy cm was in fact semen making it's way back out? I know for me,
about 4-8 hours after having sex, I get a glob of semen that comes back out.
It's very slippery and stretchy, and can easily be mistaken for cm. Just a
thought.

Keep having sex, every other day, until your monitor confirms ovulation.
Good luck!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old April 5th 06, 11:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Finally, is it possible that what you thought was a lot of slippery, clear
stretchy cm was in fact semen making it's way back out? I know for me,
about 4-8 hours after having sex, I get a glob of semen that comes back
out. It's very slippery and stretchy, and can easily be mistaken for cm.
Just a thought.

I know what you mean but I had sex yesterday in the evening......I had the
slippery CM yesterday in morning. Hours and hours before intercourse. I'm
99.9% positive it was fertile CM......just wondering why I only noticed it
in the morning. I would've thought once you have the fertile CM it would be
consistent throughout until ovulation but maybe not. Anyway, thanks for the
response.

Kris

Old April 6th 06, 12:00 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Dboff wrote:
Finally, is it possible that what you thought was a lot of slippery,
clear stretchy cm was in fact semen making it's way back out? I
know for me, about 4-8 hours after having sex, I get a glob of semen
that comes back out. It's very slippery and stretchy, and can easily
be mistaken for cm. Just a thought.

I know what you mean but I had sex yesterday in the evening......I
had the slippery CM yesterday in morning. Hours and hours before
intercourse. I'm 99.9% positive it was fertile CM......just wondering why
I only
noticed it in the morning. I would've thought once you have the
fertile CM it would be consistent throughout until ovulation but
maybe not. Anyway, thanks for the response.

Kris

Sorry, I misread your post -- I thought you had sex in the evening, and then
had the cm the next morning. I would guess that it was cm, and that it had
pooled in your vaginal canal all night, then came out in the am when you got
up to pee.

Old April 6th 06, 07:41 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Dboff wrote:
Hi,

I've been reading this newsgroup for a while and I was hoping you could
help me. I've looked around online for an answer to my question but nothing
I've found so far seems to be exactly what I am looking for. My husband and
I are TTC. I've been tracking my ovulation using the Clear Blue Easy
Fertility Monitor. Currently, I am on Day 14 of my cycle. According to the
monitor I ovulated last cycle on Day 17. So here's the deal. Yesterday,
Day 13 I noticed in the morning a lot of slippery, clear, stretchy CM

Personally, I don't trust fertility monitors. I tried them & they never
worked right for me.

If you want to use them though, that's fine, but why not get a basal
thermometer also & do that at the same time? The thermal shift after OV
is pretty obvious & then you will know when/if you have ovulated. When
done properly, it takes the guess work out of the "maybes" IMHO

Ohh, yeah, sometimes I would have CM's that would start & stop in a 3-5
day period, which would confuse the heck out of me because I would
expect the thermal shift to happen, which it wouldn't until my CM stopped.

The nice thing is, if you have a thermal shift & it continues to rise,
then you can possibly predict you are pregnant sooner than a pregnancy
test can predict, especially if you have a few baseline tests to compare
it to.

My OB 'poo-poo'd' basal temping, but so much more can be found out by
charting than just using fertility monitors. I'm pregnant now because I
charted & discovered a defect in my cycles which was keeping me from
getting pregnant without intervention.
Old April 6th 06, 10:12 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Hi

it took me 15 months to fall pregnant. i had irregular periods and to
try to work out when i was ovulating i monitored and charted my basal
temp and mucus changes. i found the basal temp monitoring to be the
best method, after a couple of months you start to see a pattern. my
mucus changes weren't very useful and didn't always coincide with peak
fertility. i also tried using ovulation test kits but it got too
expensive, i needed to use 2 packs each month.

hope this is useful,

Linda

Old April 6th 06, 07:32 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Kris,

I am not going to speculate on your luck this cycle, I will only say "2ww."
:-)
My comments will be on any future attempts. I think CM is important, and
it is a good idea to try whenever it is favorable, but as for determining
*exactly* which day you ovulate on, it is more accurate to rely on basal
temperature. When you it the obvious 1 degree drop, you know that o has
already happened. I would suggest trying as long as CM is favorable, but
continue until you see the temp drop.

Larry