trying to make myself feel better

Old April 7th 06, 04:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default trying to make myself feel better

In article _bkZf.42871$%H.35609@clgrps13,
"xkatx" wrote:

I'm such a jerk, actually. Truth is, you actually have about another 9
months left to go!

Actually, that wouldn't be all bad. Our landlady has decided it's
perfectly reasonable to kick out a ten-month-pregnant lady, so we're
frantically househunting. A little more time could be helpful... But
dang, imagine how big I'd be at 19 months.
Old April 8th 06, 06:25 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Ewwww. Good luck -- I'd offer to help if I were in the area.

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Old April 8th 06, 07:24 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"xkatx" wrote:

I'm such a jerk, actually. Truth is, you actually have about another 9
months left to go!

Actually, that wouldn't be all bad. Our landlady has decided it's
perfectly reasonable to kick out a ten-month-pregnant lady, so we're
frantically househunting. A little more time could be helpful... But
dang, imagine how big I'd be at 19 months.

Um... Well, in that case... Put some clumping kitty litter in the toilet and
down the sinks and bath tub.
Might as well make the b**ch pay!
Hopefully you can find something ASAP!
I know we had put in a request to transfer to a townhouse with one more
bedroom when I first found out I was pg with DD... Denied it for a retarded,
invalid reason, so I swamped them with my transfer requests, and finally, in
June, I believe it was, I was approved, but, since my lease manager is a
real *insert creative, horrible, inappropriate name here*, she told me I
wasn't even going to be considered to be put on the list to wait for an
available unit for AT LEAST 6 months, then from there it could be as little
as a 6 month (average) wait as long as a year. I kicked up a storm for
them, and we actually had our transfer walk through (to make sure we didn't
totally destroy the townhouse we were currently in) when DD was a week or so
old - nearing mid-August - and we moved on September 1 - with DSs starting
kindergarden on like the 5th of September and a 3 week old baby... Oh, what
a pain, but at least we had a place!
Hopefully you can find something fast! I know how much it sucks to move
while pregnant (we helped friends move ON my second EDD) and I know how much
of a pain it is to move with a newborn!
P.S., if you won't do the kitty litter in the plumbing, I'll do it!

Old April 8th 06, 10:03 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Mine are being evicted tomorrow. I'm hoping you beat me :-)

well you slipped that one in quietly! make sure you let us know how it goes!

Anne

Old April 8th 06, 10:07 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Personally I'm incredibly jealous of you. :-) I don't expect I'll ever
be *that* pregnant.

is that because you don't plan another, or because with your history, they'd
want the baby out sooner?

It's the same with me, I doubt I'll ever get to a due date, I haven't with 2
pregnancies, 37+4 (induced due to PROM and IUGR), 2nd 39+3, probably
natural. If I have another, which is a huge if, it would almost certainly be
c-section.

Anne

Old April 8th 06, 03:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

In article kGIZf.43566$%H.7681@clgrps13,
"xkatx" wrote:

P.S., if you won't do the kitty litter in the plumbing, I'll do it!

Heh. Very tempting. I'm trying to be the bigger person... which is
pretty easy when you're 5' 10" and weigh 190 pounds...
Old April 8th 06, 03:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

In article .com,
" wrote:

Anonymama wrote:
Our landlady has decided it's
perfectly reasonable to kick out a ten-month-pregnant lady, so we're
frantically househunting.

Ewwww. Good luck -- I'd offer to help if I were in the area.

Aww, thanks. It really is good to hear.
Old April 8th 06, 04:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Anne Rogers wrote:
Personally I'm incredibly jealous of you. :-) I don't expect I'll ever
be *that* pregnant.

is that because you don't plan another, or because with your history, they'd
want the baby out sooner?

Since I developed PE at 33 weeks, I have a pretty high chance (around
40%) of developing PE again if I decide to do this again -- and this
time, they won't let me go so far down the road of multiple organ
failure. The higher proteinureas are strongly linked to higher
maternal mortality and morbidity, and I evidently go nephrotic really
easily. So they'll try to stop the cascade as quickly as possible.

It's the same with me, I doubt I'll ever get to a due date, I haven't with 2
pregnancies, 37+4 (induced due to PROM and IUGR), 2nd 39+3, probably
natural. If I have another, which is a huge if, it would almost certainly be
c-section.

((hugs)) Take care of yourself. I'll join you on the "huge if" part!
Medically indicated catastrophic deliveries are no fun, but babies
are...

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Old April 9th 06, 12:45 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"xkatx" wrote:

P.S., if you won't do the kitty litter in the plumbing, I'll do it!

Heh. Very tempting. I'm trying to be the bigger person... which is
pretty easy when you're 5' 10" and weigh 190 pounds...

Well, you're not that much taller than I am, and you're more pregs than I am
as well... That makes me right now the smaller person, therefore, I will
volunteer myself to be the smaller one, you can still definitely be the
bigger person
lol

Old April 9th 06, 01:06 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Since I developed PE at 33 weeks, I have a pretty high chance (around
40%) of developing PE again if I decide to do this again -- and this
time, they won't let me go so far down the road of multiple organ
failure. The higher proteinureas are strongly linked to higher
maternal mortality and morbidity, and I evidently go nephrotic really
easily. So they'll try to stop the cascade as quickly as possible.

if you do get it, are you likely to get it later? I know someone who had PE
at 30 weeks with her first so obviously they were watching her very closely,
she got it again, with very little warning, but not until 38 weeks, which is
clearly much better for baby.

At least PE is something that is well known about and because it is so scary
people act and act fast. Pregnancy would threaten my ability to walk, both
long and short term, which is not something obstetricians particularly care
about, yet it would seem to me that with some kind of sensible plan risks
could at least be minimised, which last time they weren't, they were
increased, so I've had to go down the route of a formal complaint just to
find out medical stuff about the past and the future, because there is no
other way to do it.

Oh well, I'm waffling now, I think hormonally I must be hitting the point
where I'm starting to feel broody again, Ada is 10 mths and has
significantly reduced her nursing, at least I know that just with our family
circumstances it's not something that is on the cards anyway, but our
circumstances aren't such that it's never going to be on the cards and I'm
still struggling to cross that bridge, or put it out of my mind and get on
with life right now.

Anne