To worry or to not worry, that is the question

Old July 29th 04, 04:52 PM
Ilse Witch

Default To worry or to not worry, that is the question

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 06:45:32 -0500, Rebecca McGraw wrote:

I was discussing this with a co-worker who has two children and she
reckons that maybe the baby has changed positions

Very likely. At this stage, the movements can be very much dampened by the
placenta, for example. If bub is facing that direction, you might not feel
a thing until (s)he changes around again. Nevertheless, if you're still
concerned, don't hesitate to go in for a heartbeat check. It takes them a
minute and gives you all reassurance you need.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old July 29th 04, 09:36 PM
ModernMiko

"Rebecca McGraw" wrote in message

Hi All,
I don't think I can *not* worry, but am I worrying too much over nothing?
I'm 22 weeks today. Last week Unnamed Daughter was all over the place,
especially at bedtime, jumping and bumping and even gave me a good
goosing right as I was trying to get to sleep last Friday night. Since
then, it's been barely a wiggle out of her...in fact, I can't tell any
movement that I can clearly say is all baby and not just my gut or
something. For the past four nights, nothing. So my question is, do they
DO that? Go from being very active to very quiet? I've tried as the
books suggest (eating then laying on my left side) but can tell no
difference...nothing I can definitely identify as fetal movement and not
just gut. Otherwise I'm doing fine.
I figure maybe (1) she's small yet so if she's changed positions I might
not feel her as well, (2) she's having some quiet time or (3) something
is wrong. Although I only had my last appointment Monday of last week
and nothing was wrong then.
Thoughts? Opinions? Am I worrying too much? Should I call my Dr and
bother her? What does it take to get Daughter to give me a good kick in
the bladder so I can relax for a while? My husband says I'm overreacting
and he's probably right

Thanks in advance,
Rebecca

I agree to call your doctor if you are worried but maybe this will help you
fell better. Little Man "M" started being very active about 3 weeks ago.
Then last week I rarely felt him move. I was extremely busy all week so I
don't know if that had anything to do with it. I was starting to get to the
point of being worried enough to call. Then I started easing up on
activities this week and he's back to being very squirmy.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Leaking amniotic fluid?? question... Jill Pregnancy 5 April 11th 04 01:14 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM