Car accident last night

Old May 22nd 04, 01:19 PM
Sophie

Default Car accident last night

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
Glad everything is OK-How scary!!

It sure was, thanks

Old May 22nd 04, 01:19 PM
Sophie

"A&G&K" wrote in message news:3Jvqc.251

ohhh *bugger*

That's about what I thought - lol.

Good to hear you are all basically OK. Just a drama that you don't really
need right now (its bad enough when you're not pregnant and have no kids

in
the backseat).

Exactly!

I hope everything gets sorted out really quickly and your knee doesn't

give
you any more trouble.

Amanda

Thanks

Old May 22nd 04, 01:20 PM
Sophie

"Rosegin" wrote in message
Kids were fine, good testament to their carseats.

Sophie, since they were in an accident you'll have to get new carseats

now.
Many insurance companies will pay for them.

Yep we'll check that out.

I'm glad everyone is ok.

Thanks!

Old May 22nd 04, 01:20 PM
Sophie

"Unadulterated Me" wrote in message

Oh my you poor chicklette, hope you're doing ok now.

Andrea

I'm still not thrilled, now at the stress of dealing with it all (paperwork,
phone calls).

Old May 22nd 04, 01:20 PM
Sophie

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...

"Sophie" wrote

So that's my excitement I could have done without - lol.

Sophie
#4 due July 7, 2004

OMG. I am glad everyone is ok! I am sorry you had to go through this.

Jill

Thanks!

Old May 22nd 04, 01:21 PM
Sophie

"Alpha" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Sophie says:

So that's my excitement I could have done without - lol.

Aggh, just horrible. :-( I'm glad everyone is more or less okay.

-- Alpha
mom to Eamon and Quinn

Thanks!

Old May 22nd 04, 01:21 PM
Sophie

"Coccinella" wrote in message
What a scare it must have been Sophie!
So glad to read that everything is fine.
Pampering vibes for your knees.

Love

--
Nicky

Proud mamma to Alexandra (03/22/2004)

Thanks.

Old May 23rd 04, 02:56 AM
Cheryl S.

"Sophie" wrote in message
You know I actually thought about that - since the
carseats have been in an accident, do I need new
ones? I think I'll call my insurance company back
and ask. Lewis is in a convertible carseat facing
forward, and the other 2 in booster seats that are
just the base to make them taller (they have the
seatbelt across their lap and the shoulder one in
front of them).

Since the booster seats aren't attached to the car in any way, there was
no force exerted on them during the crash so I can't see why they'd need
to be replaced. They don't provide any restraint; just positioning.
Lewis' seat definitely should be replaced though, even if you can't see
any damage.

I'm so glad you all are OK.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 8 months

Old May 23rd 04, 04:51 PM
Circe

Sophie wrote:
I said after the accident that I don't think cell phones are
distracting at all compared to children. So I think driving with
children in the car should be illegal g!

I tell ya, after driving with 3 kids in a *CAR* I think *that*
should be illegal. I had no idea how far away the noise of their
talking and fighting was with them in the back of the van. In a
car they drive me insane.

I remember when I got my minivan after driving the three kids around in the
back of my old Nissan Altima. I said I never knew how peaceful it
could be driving with kids in the car. Moving Julian and Aurora into
different rows was, by itself, worth the price of admission g!

I got my MPV back last Thursday and it's been *sooooo* nice! I miss the $500
deductible I had to pay for the repairs, though :-!

I just want to drive the
rental then get my van back and pretend it never happened - lol.

I hear that. It took about a week for me to get my van in for repairs (it
was still running fine, just looked bad) and I kept saying I had to clear my
schedule and get it repaired so I wouldn't have to keep being reminded of my
own stupidity!
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old May 25th 04, 04:35 AM
laurie

Glad to hear you are all ok, Sophie. Scary!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, 13 months