Does this sound right (re skipped period)?

Old May 25th 04, 06:30 AM
CY

Default Does this sound right (re skipped period)?

Also posted at mkb - sorry if this is a repeat. Having problems getting
this msg to show up!

My DD is 27 mths. Still bf'ing at least 3 times a day and at least once in
the night (or early hours), sometimes more, never less.

My period will be 9 days late tomorrow. I have had v regular 26-28 day
cycles, except for one cycle which was 32 days, since DD was 7 mths old.

I have taken several pg tests and a blood test, all negative. I feel no
signs of AF nor do I feel pg. My Ob says this is happening because I am
still bf'ing. Does that seem right to you guys? I have not missed a period
since AF came back 20 months ago so why all of a sudden should I skip one
now?

This is really driving me crazy - I cannot come up with anything online
other than references to bf'ing causing someone not to ovulate for "up to a
year or more" after having a child but this doesn't apply to me.

My gut feeling is that something is wrong (a cyst, a fibroid, cancer (I
certainly hope not)). Do you think I should ask for some kind of test
(maybe u/s)? Or wait for another month to see if I have a period next month
(what they are suggesting)? My Ob's office said they will repeat the blood
test in a week if AF still hasn't arrived, but I think that's a waste of
time - if it's negative a week past my expected period, it will be negative
2 weeks past wouldn't it??? And I just don't feel pg!!!

Can somebody please hazard a guess here - I am going out of my mind
wondering what is wrong with me and waiting for AF!

Thanks for reading if you got this far...

The normally v regular CY