Scheduling Feedings and sleep

Old February 17th 04, 10:25 PM
Sapphire Spiral

Default Scheduling Feedings and sleep

We are partially co-sleeping. She also spends nights in the
pac-n-play that is also in our room. On that nights that I am too
tired to put her back, she
--
Sapphire Spiral
Mom to Cassie 9/9/03 stays in bed with me. Though she seems to wake

"iphigenia" wrote in message
Sapphire Spiral wrote:

During the night she will get up every 2 hours or sleep for 5.

My
sleep has been really suffering, but while her night sleep has

never
been predictable either, she used to go for longer stretches. I

guess
that I am hoping that if we can get a routine going, it would make
life easier for the both of us.

Are you co-sleeping? It makes these periods of unpredictability and

frequent
waking much easier to handle.

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old February 17th 04, 10:25 PM
Sapphire Spiral

"Kate" wrote in message
om...
"Sapphire Spiral" wrote in

message . com...T
For the past month my DD has been stretching out her day feedings.
Along with this she has been waking and feeding more at night.

She
has been waking every 2 to 3 hours. At some point I know that she
will start sleeping through the night again, but I was wondering

if
part of the problem is that she isn't on any kind of schedule yet.

I am feeding on demand, and she will nurse anywhere from every

hour to
every four hours during the day. Sometimes this coincides with a

nap,
sometimes not. Usually she naps for about 30 minutes when she does
nap, which can be every 2 to 4 hours.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or comments about scheduling, or
will this just work itself out?

yes, it will. She doesnt' need you to set a schedule for her, and
doing so is a lot of work for you. She'll get to be predictable and
then you'll find she's on a schedule around the time she starts 1st
grade. or maybe not. :-)

=====
Kate, http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/a...f-formula.html
Mom to Ursula (9!), Sage (6.5), Benno (3!!) Nature's way is
straight
and unerring, foursquare and calm, great and tolerant. Everything is
accomplished without the necessity of fabricated purpose. Man's way

is
equally self-evident. His internal
principles are correct; his external acts are righteous; his results
are certain. ~ I Ching (B.C. 1150?) Chinese Book of Changes
http://listserv.uts.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/parent-l

Thanks

Actually I just made the decision today not to go back to my job.
This will definitely make the unpredictability much easier to handle.

Old February 26th 04, 02:42 AM
Kate

"Kate" wrote in message
I am feeding on demand, and she will nurse anywhere from every

hour to
every four hours during the day. Sometimes this coincides with a

nap,
sometimes not. Usually she naps for about 30 minutes when she does
nap, which can be every 2 to 4 hours.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or comments about scheduling, or
will this just work itself out?

yes, it will. She doesnt' need you to set a schedule for her, and
doing so is a lot of work for you. She'll get to be predictable and
then you'll find she's on a schedule around the time she starts 1st
grade. or maybe not. :-)

Thanks

Actually I just made the decision today not to go back to my job.
This will definitely make the unpredictability much easier to handle.

woo hoo! how does it feel???

:-)

are you pagan?

=====