Hi

Old December 17th 03, 02:48 PM
Colette Collopy

Default Hi

Hi, new single parent on here. Just recently split from partner and still
feeling like the bottom of my world has fallen away leaving me dangling with
no solid ground under me. I know that will get better but it's just lonely
at times. Hi to everyone and looking forward to exchanging opinions etc with
all

--
Col xx

There's luck in sharing!!

Old December 17th 03, 06:56 PM
Andrew

"Colette Collopy" wrote in message
Hi, new single parent on here. Just recently split from partner and still
feeling like the bottom of my world has fallen away leaving me dangling

with
no solid ground under me. I know that will get better but it's just lonely
at times. Hi to everyone and looking forward to exchanging opinions etc

with
all

--
Col xx

There's luck in sharing!!

Hi,

I am pretty new here as well but despite that welcome to the group. I had my
split about a year and a bit ago and I know exactly where you are coming
from. Its helpful to have other people to talk to who are in the same
situation and who understand what you are going through. Thats where this
group can help and I have seen some very useful, practical tips for single
parent problems posted here. You are not alone and these guys can give you
some help.(who knows, even I may have something handy to say sometimes).

Andrew (also a btinterneter)

Old December 17th 03, 07:41 PM
lm

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:56:12 -0600, 'Kate wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:48:57 +0000 (UTC), "Colette Collopy"

Hi, new single parent on here. Just recently split from partner and still
feeling like the bottom of my world has fallen away leaving me dangling with
no solid ground under me. I know that will get better but it's just lonely
at times. Hi to everyone and looking forward to exchanging opinions etc with
all

Hi. Welcome to the group.

You're right; it feels lonely at first but rumour has it that there are
adults on this group and that helps for awhile.

Adults on this group? That's just Kate rumourmongering! :-)

Welcome Colette, tell us about your kid(s). Mine are boys, 8 and 9,
wild as dingoes.

lm
Old December 17th 03, 08:09 PM
HanK

Mine are boys, 8 and 9,
wild as dingoes.

lm

How awfull for you, are yours the ones I always see mis-behaving in
resturants...running around like ninnies?

Seasons regards to you.
HanK xXx

Old December 17th 03, 09:11 PM
Dennis Here

Colette Collopy wrote in message ...

Hi, new single parent on here.

Greetings from Ireland

There's luck in sharing!

What would you like to share?

Dennis

Old December 17th 03, 10:07 PM
Colette Collopy

Hi
thanks for the welcome. I know I will get through it and come out the other
side but god.... it hurts sooo much.

My ex had Aspergers syndrome which was only diagnosed 5 months ago which
made things even more difficult than splitting up with a man who hadnt got
it.

He has just cut me off completely as if I never existed in his life. He
comes to see his daughter but I might as well just be her childminder.

I think I'll have to ask him to let me know when he's coming and just pass
my daughter over without any contact with him myself.

How do others manage with that part of the breakup?

Ta Col x

Old December 17th 03, 11:00 PM
Andrew

"Colette Collopy" wrote in message

Hi
thanks for the welcome. I know I will get through it and come out the

other
side but god.... it hurts sooo much.

My ex had Aspergers syndrome which was only diagnosed 5 months ago which
made things even more difficult than splitting up with a man who hadnt got
it.

He has just cut me off completely as if I never existed in his life. He
comes to see his daughter but I might as well just be her childminder.

I think I'll have to ask him to let me know when he's coming and just pass
my daughter over without any contact with him myself.

How do others manage with that part of the breakup?

Ta Col x

Sorry Col, can't help on that one. My partner left the country and has not
seen our daughter for the past year and a bit so handing over periods have
not happened, we do maintain contact by email from time to time, cordial but
distant, and we have spoken on the phone four or five times. I may actually
be making a posting for advice myself as she is coming back for Xmas
tomorrow. She wants to take our daughter to Sweden to her granddad for Xmas
and I am ambivalent, I want my daughter to know and have two parents but I
am somewhat nervous, I guess you could count it as my first handover so you
could probably guide me more than the other way round.

Andrew

Old December 18th 03, 07:37 AM
caroline godfrey

"Colette Collopy" wrote in message
Hi, new single parent on here. Just recently split from partner and still
feeling like the bottom of my world has fallen away leaving me dangling

with
no solid ground under me. I know that will get better but it's just lonely
at times. Hi to everyone and looking forward to exchanging opinions etc

with
all

--
Col xx

There's luck in sharing!!

Welcome to the group Colette. I'm Caroline and I'm a 30 year old single mum
of a 4.5 (going on 30) girl and an almost 3 (Jan 17) boy. I've been doin
this single parent thing for just over three years, nasty seperation, even
nastier divorce, and the dad hasn't seen them since my son was born. Trust
me it does get better, give it some time.

Old December 18th 03, 08:37 AM
HanK

What else
is a mother of 18 to do?

'Kate

--- so glad my posts aren't archived. LOL

Crack?

Old December 18th 03, 09:04 AM
HanK

She wants to take our daughter to Sweden to her granddad for Xmas

Oh........that would annoy me somewhat......if she hasn't seen her child for
a year.......why does she think her kid would want to be with strangers at
Crimbo? Also seeing as you have been working your arse of all year bringing
the child up dont you deserve the pleasure of Christmas with your
child?.........Its a bit bloody conceited to me for parents to bugger off
then get all emotional at Christmas and try to have their
kids......birthdays are another......My kids mother wants to have her Xmas
eve, Xmas day, Xmas night.....but she wants me to have her New Years, I will
of course because my child comes first.

Hej då

HanK