6 month appointment

Old December 7th 05, 03:06 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default 6 month appointment

Alexander weighs 18lb 8oz, is 28 1/4" long, and has a head circumference of
18 1/4".

He sits without using anything to prop himself up, he rolls all over the
place, he giggles and babbles. We're starting him on solids, just a little
at a time. Going with mostly homemade stuff but getting meat in the little
baby jars 'cause it's easier if it's already pureed.

He's grabby & holds things very well. If you're not looking, he'll drink
from your straw & put lemons in his mouth.

He's drooly and gummy and beautiful.

The way he smiles up at me makes me want to cry sometimes from amazement.

He gets bored easily & you have to have a lot of toys around or switch him
from where he's sitting to a different spot. He loves sitting in front of
the mirrors & is pretty content to just stare at himself and roll around.

He hits the keyboard if he's sitting in front of it. He pulls his Daddy's
beard and my hair every chance he gets.

He's been sick with a cold lately & now he's coughing. Poor baby. We've put
his shots off until next week when he'll likely be feeling better.

--
Rebecca Jo
Mama to Alexander 6/6/05

Old December 7th 05, 09:34 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Rebecca Jo wrote:
[...]

Oh, Rebecca Jo, that's lovely! I'm feeling all mushy reading it. Alec
made his first "proto-joke", as I've been calling it, yesterday -
latched on and sucked twice, then popped off and laughed, and when I
laughed too, he did it about 10 more times to make me laugh!

He also started clapping yesterday, which is very exciting!

Isn't this a great age?

Melania

Old December 7th 05, 09:48 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Melania" wrote:

Oh, Rebecca Jo, that's lovely! I'm feeling all mushy reading it. Alec
made his first "proto-joke", as I've been calling it, yesterday -
latched on and sucked twice, then popped off and laughed, and when I
laughed too, he did it about 10 more times to make me laugh!

Aww. That's too cute!

He also started clapping yesterday, which is very exciting!

That sounds great. I can't wait!

Isn't this a great age?

Yes. It really is. They're little explorer people. It's so much fun
watching him interact with everything.

Melania

rj

Old December 8th 05, 10:31 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

He sounds very sweet!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old December 8th 05, 10:42 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Rebecca Jo" wrote in message
Alexander weighs 18lb 8oz, is 28 1/4" long, and has a head circumference
of 18 1/4".

He sits without using anything to prop himself up, he rolls all over the
place, he giggles and babbles. We're starting him on solids, just a little
at a time. Going with mostly homemade stuff but getting meat in the little
baby jars 'cause it's easier if it's already pureed.

He's grabby & holds things very well. If you're not looking, he'll drink
from your straw & put lemons in his mouth.

He's drooly and gummy and beautiful.

Awww, he sounds gorgeous! Congrats on a good appointment.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old December 8th 05, 01:12 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Chookie" wrote:

He sounds very sweet!

Thanks! He is.

rj

Old December 8th 05, 01:13 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Mum of Two" wrote

Awww, he sounds gorgeous! Congrats on a good appointment.

Thank you.

rj