official intro

Old October 12th 03, 01:24 AM
A&G&K

Default official intro

Hi,
Well, I guess its time for me to officially introduce myself and join this
group.
My name is Amanda, I'm 33 yo and I have a 14 mo daughter and am newly
pregnant with #2 (EDD 14 June 2004). We, together with my wonderful DH live
in Queensland, Australia.
We are both still completely gobsmacked that we've managed to fall pregnant
again so quickly. When we wanted to conceive DD, it took us about a year
of really trying (bbt and mucus calcs, ovulation pinpointed etc) on top of
what must have been almost a year of not really trying but not taking bc.
....and here we are with a +ve HPT on the first cycle for #2 ... and not a
thermometer or chart in sight. Having said that, we got pg with right DD
after I began chiropractic treatment for a slight curvature of the lower
spine, and I really think this treatment has helped us to conceive #2 so
quickly.
We've had the pregnancy confirmed with a quick visit to the GP last week (a
bit of a scare when I had to ...umm ... "re-sit" the pg test when I didn't
bring in a good enough sample the first time). I don't have to go to see
the Ob until I'm 10 weeks, so it still seems a bit "unreal".

A bit of background about me:
I know some of you from mkb as I read that ng most days and post quite
frequently. I am breastfeeding my DD and plan on continuing this for as
long as possible during this pregnancy. DH and I have always parented by
what we feel is right in our hearts and we've come to realise that most of
what we do can be termed Attachment Parenting - a term familiar to most of
you I'm sure.

I work from home part time as an ecological scientist (botanist) for our
government. We used to live in tropical north Queensland where I worked as
a research scientist with a different government branch, and I've done lots
of field work and research into such things as rainforest rehabilitation and
the management and growth of native cabinet timber species in plantations
(did my PhD on the latter topic). I fit my working hours around DD's (often
non-existent) naps or in the evenings when DH is home and can spend some
quality "Daddy time" with her. .... a challenge some days, but worth it.

Anyhow, that's it for now. I look forward to posting more often and meeting
you all.

Cheers
Amanda
DD 15 August 2002
EDD #2 14 June 2004

any belly buddies out there yet?????

Old October 12th 03, 01:41 AM
Sophie

Hi, welcome, and congrats

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

Old October 12th 03, 04:14 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Nice to see you over here, Amanda! :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old October 12th 03, 08:31 AM
larissa

Congratulations Amanda!

Larissa (also in Aus)
DD Feb 99
DS Mar 01
due early dec

Old October 12th 03, 02:40 PM
Sandi

"A&G&K" wrote in message

Cheers
Amanda
DD 15 August 2002
EDD #2 14 June 2004

any belly buddies out there yet?????

Congratulations and welcome!! Another June due date, finally! I haven't
been to the doctor at all yet, so I know what you mean about it not seeming
real yet. I go next Wednesday when I'll be about 8 weeks, so hopefully
we'll get to see the heartbeat. Anyway, just wanted to let you know there's
at least one (almost) belly buddy out here!

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3

Old October 12th 03, 05:35 PM
Coccinella

Welcome Amanda and conrats on your pg.

Love

Nicky

Old October 12th 03, 07:55 PM
Kat

Congrats! Your life sounds incredibly busy but awesome. Good luck to you!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
#2 EDD 02/03/04 (It's a boy!)

Old October 12th 03, 09:14 PM
Em

"A&G&K" wrote in message
Well, I guess its time for me to officially introduce myself and join this
group.
My name is Amanda, I'm 33 yo and I have a 14 mo daughter and am newly
pregnant with #2 (EDD 14 June 2004).

snip

Welcome to the group, Amanda! Congratulations on your pregnancy--how
exciting that it happened for you so quickly this time!

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03

Old October 12th 03, 11:06 PM
Fer

A&G&K wrote:
|| Hi,
|| Well, I guess its time for me to officially introduce myself and
|| join this group.
|| My name is Amanda, I'm 33 yo and I have a 14 mo daughter and am newly
|| pregnant with #2 (EDD 14 June 2004). ||
|| any belly buddies out there yet?????

Congrats and Welcome Amanda! That was a great intro. There are a few June
DD around and I'll let you know in a week or so if I'll be joining you :-)
--?
~~~Cheers!~~~
Jenn-WAHM-DS11-DD6-TTC#3

Old October 12th 03, 11:15 PM
Daye

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:24:28 +1000, "A&G&K"
wrote:

My name is Amanda, I'm 33 yo and I have a 14 mo daughter and am newly
pregnant with #2 (EDD 14 June 2004).

Congrats and welcome!

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Intro was bedwetting questions 10yo boy Leandra General (moderated) 0 January 23rd 04 02:17 PM
Intro just_me1issa General 2 January 18th 04 05:14 AM
Intro, and Toddler/Daycare Question Betty Woolf General 4 December 3rd 03 03:25 PM
hello (intro post) Honey38ch Pregnancy 5 September 25th 03 11:24 PM
Intro: 35 and TTC 2nd child ang Pregnancy 12 August 12th 03 10:12 PM