Is this what I think it is?

Old May 23rd 04, 07:08 PM
Elizabeth H Bonesteel

Default Is this what I think it is?

I *think* it's bloody show...brown-tinged mucous, turning up slowly and
irregularly since this morning. A little bit of thick, dark red stuff,
although it also seems to be mixed with mucous - but red always makes me
a wee bit nervous!

I know it doesn't mean I'm going into labor Right Now, but...do I call my
practicioner about it? Or do I just report it at my next appointment
(assuming I don't go into labor before then)?

TIA,
Liz, ignorant first-timer
EDD yesterday
--

"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and
spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable - and we believe they
Old May 23rd 04, 07:12 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Sun, 23 May 2004 18:08:19 +0000 (UTC), Elizabeth H Bonesteel
wrote:

I *think* it's bloody show...brown-tinged mucous, turning up slowly and
irregularly since this morning. A little bit of thick, dark red stuff,
although it also seems to be mixed with mucous - but red always makes me
a wee bit nervous!

I know it doesn't mean I'm going into labor Right Now, but...do I call my
practicioner about it? Or do I just report it at my next appointment
(assuming I don't go into labor before then)?

Unless you get bleeding, vs blood in show, I should think you're fine
waiting to tell your practitioner at your next appointment. A bloody show
is just one more signs that things are moving along as normal - your
cervix may just have dilated slightly.

If you're worried though, I am sure they won't begrudge you a quick phone
call to check things are indeed OK.

Megan
Old May 23rd 04, 09:12 PM
Christine

YOU GO GIRL....;-))))))))))

I think you will be holding that baby VERY soon,,,,;-)))

Please keep posting so we know.....))))

Old May 23rd 04, 10:01 PM
Donna

"Elizabeth H Bonesteel" wrote in message
I *think* it's bloody show...brown-tinged mucous, turning up slowly and
irregularly since this morning. A little bit of thick, dark red stuff,
although it also seems to be mixed with mucous - but red always makes me
a wee bit nervous!

I know it doesn't mean I'm going into labor Right Now, but...do I call my
practicioner about it? Or do I just report it at my next appointment
(assuming I don't go into labor before then)?

Personally, I would make a call to your practitioner and let him/her know
what you're seeing. A small amount of blood, particularly brownish, isn't
usually a big deal, but I would definitely clue them in anyway. Then
again---how close are you? If you're in the last few weeks.... this could
be it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Donna

Old May 23rd 04, 11:11 PM
Mary

"Elizabeth H Bonesteel" wrote in message
I *think* it's bloody show...brown-tinged mucous, turning up slowly and
irregularly since this morning. A little bit of thick, dark red stuff,
although it also seems to be mixed with mucous - but red always makes me
a wee bit nervous!

I know it doesn't mean I'm going into labor Right Now, but...do I call my
practicioner about it? Or do I just report it at my next appointment
(assuming I don't go into labor before then)?

TIA,
Liz, ignorant first-timer
EDD yesterday
--

"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and
spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable - and we believe

they
can do it again." -- John F. Kennedy, 6/10/1963

I saw these signs one afternoon at work and had the baby by 5am the next
morning

Good LUCK!!!!!!!

Old May 24th 04, 01:34 AM
Elly

"Elizabeth H Bonesteel" ha scritto nel messaggio
I *think* it's bloody show...brown-tinged mucous, turning up slowly and
irregularly since this morning. A little bit of thick, dark red stuff,
although it also seems to be mixed with mucous - but red always makes me
a wee bit nervous!

I know it doesn't mean I'm going into labor Right Now, but...do I call my
practicioner about it? Or do I just report it at my next appointment
(assuming I don't go into labor before then)?

I think it's safe to wait - but if you'd feel more comfortable, you can call
your practitioner.
I had bloody show on Wednesday, wanted to call the practiotioner but it was
public holiday here so I went in the E.R. (big mistake!) - they sent me to
the hospital (I'm in Italy and we had a standard hospital birth). The ob/gyn
there sent me home saying that the labour probably won't start until 3 days
later. He was right - Saturday morning I woke up with contractions, and DD
was born Sunday 2 am.

But again, it depends on how you feel about it. Go with the instinct, and -
good luck!

Elly
DD Erin - Oct 12th, 2003.