Stay at home mom

Old June 13th 04, 05:40 AM
Linda H.

Default Stay at home mom

"libbymom04" wrote in message alkaboutparenting.com...
I am a working mother. My baby is 3 months old now. Well, I can't stand
being away from her, to the point where I get depressed and go into the
bathroom and cry. I do this almost everyday, not sure if it is hormonal or
what. Well, there is no way I could stay at home without bring in some
sort of income. I have thought and thought of ways to be able to stay at
home with her and work from home. But, I can't come up with anything. Any
ideas that worked for anyone? Did anyone else go through this seperation
anxiety? I get so jealous of stay at home moms.
On another note. I just started this new BC pill called Seasonale where
you only get 4 periods a year. Well, after taking it for 4 weeks, I
started bleeding, I thought it was breakthrough bleeding, but its not. I
bled for two week then called my OB. She gave me some estradiol, a hormone
pill. I have been on it for almost a week and it hasn't stopped yet. That
mean almost 3 weeks straight of bleeding. Has this happened to anyone? If
it helps I did have a C-section.
Mom to DD- 03/03/04

I have been on Seasonale for 43 days. At day 35 I started
breakthrough bleeding (like a light period). Have been going for 8
days now (as of 6/12/04). What was the reason for being prescribed
estradiol, and how long were you directed to take it? Did the
bleeding stop? Am curious whether you got back to normal?
Unfortunately I played phone tag with my doctor all day yesterday and
now he has left for a two week vacation. His voice mail said "dont
stop taking the pill". Seems like he doesn't seem to think it's a
problem that I could keep bleeding until he comes back. I'm not
looking forward to that, but don't know what else to do. Maybe this
is normal when first starting out on Seasonale? Anybody have any
experiences advice they'd like to share?
Old June 14th 04, 06:10 AM
MomToN

Adding to what Nikki said...

Sometimes even I feel a li'l bad when I am playing with my baby and
when her nanny comes over she will eagerly lift her hands towards her
nanny hinting to hold her. It can happen otherway also. But still I
feel bad. For my consolateion, DH says that atleast when we leave the
baby home, we KNOW that our baby is spending time with somebody she
loves to be with. That makes my hurt feelings better...

My DD loves to be with her Nanny and when I am in my proper senses I
feel that it really is a good thing that she loves her primary
caretaker. I would have felt worse if DD was wailing and crying and
does NOT want to be with her Nanny.

"Nikki" wrote in message ...
libbymom04 wrote:

My problem with leaving her is
mainly I am gonna miss her milestones.

That is sort of a fallacy. Milestones generally happen in increments. It
isn't like she is going to go from laying down to sitting on her own in 30
seconds, it happens gradually.

I don't wan her to get me and
Maw-Maw confused.

This will not happen.

It would really upset me if she wanted her Maw-Maw
instead of me one day.

She might at some particular minute in time. Sometimes my kids will pick
their grandma over me and she doesn't even baby sit or live in the same
town. The important thing to remember is that she is *not* going to forget
who her mommy is. She'll love you as a mother and her Maw-Maw as a grandma.
Children can't have to many people to love them. :-)