Concerns about 6w2d u/s

Old June 9th 04, 09:39 PM
Erin

Default Concerns about 6w2d u/s

Ericka, you're right. I'm going to really try and just relax. After all,
there's no way I'm ever going to know everything about the pregnancy or
the child after it's born.

This is my one control issue, it's like I HAVE to know everything about
everything. It's ridiculous.

Thank you all. I'm just going to focus on other things and wait (eagerly)
for the u/s next week. :-)

Old June 10th 04, 02:25 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Erin wrote:

Ericka, you're right. I'm going to really try and just relax. After all,
there's no way I'm ever going to know everything about the pregnancy or
the child after it's born.

All too true--they often get *more* mysterious after
they're out ;-)

Have fun,
Ericka

Old June 10th 04, 04:09 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 10:50:03 -0400, Erin wrote:

I don't know what my hCG levels are; I only had my first quantitative
blood test yesterday and go for another tomorrow. I know that 8DPO (3
weeks pg) my progesterone was 3.6, which corresponded exactly with an
implantation dip in my temperature. I'm still concerned about that.

Should I be worried?

No, not really, but I can understand why you would be. Your progesterone
isn't exactly in the ballpark range of normal, but that in itself doesn't
say very much, especially since it may have been around implantation. The
sac is growing well and measures the right age, which is a good sign. It
is not at all uncommon not to see the embryo at this stage, even with
transvaginal u/s. The yolk sac is much easier to see, since it is floating
free in the middle of the gestational sac. The embryo, however, is usually
to the side and can be hard to distinguish from the edges of the
gestational sac. The results also depend on where it exactly implanted,
and how sharp the u/s machine can "see".

At this stage, a day can make a difference in seeing the embryo or not, so
if you have another u/s scheduled in a week or so, you should see it.
However, if your hCG comes back OK, that would also be a very good sign!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old June 11th 04, 03:57 AM
Erin

Ilse, thanks for mentioning the actualy placement of the embryo. When I
look at pictures from the u/s, I see a somewhat thicker white strip
between the yolk sac and the edge of the gestational sac. I had been
wondering if that might be the embryo.

I have another u/s scheduled when I'll be 8w2d; two weeks past the last
u/s.

Hopefully we'll get hCG results on Monday, although, especially with the
increase in size of the sac, I'm not expecting anything too bad...

Thanks for the information. :-)

Old June 14th 04, 05:07 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:57:12 -0400, Erin wrote:

Hopefully we'll get hCG results on Monday, although, especially with the
increase in size of the sac, I'm not expecting anything too bad...

Keep us posted!!

And best of luck for the next u/s. Although I think if the hCG is OK, your
worries should already be less. I'll keep my fingers crossed all is well.