FAO: Jamie

Old July 28th 04, 04:32 AM
laurie

Default FAO: Jamie

Hey Jamie,

Just wanted to say that I just read Taylor's dedication in "R is for Ricochet".
How sweet! You must be so proud!!!!!!

Also had to crack up at the part where Vera went upstairs to breastfeed the
baby and came back down with a new shirt. That is so my life!!!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, 14 months
Old July 28th 04, 11:34 PM
Jamie Clark

Default Jamie

Thanks! It is pretty cool. We were very pleased and surprised! I'm only
on chapter 3, so don't spoil anything for me!

A strange aside (-- for me at least!):
A is for Alibi came out in 1982. I was 16 or so. At that time, Kinsey was
32. To a 16 year old, that's ancient. :- I mean, she was a contemporary
to my mom at that point, who was probably 40 something -- also ancient.
Time passes slower in the books than it does in real life, and eventually
Kinsey and I were peers -- I was in my late 20's or early 30's, and she was
34. I pick up R is for Ricochet the other night to start it, and read the
familiar opening paragraph, "My name is Kinsey Milhone. I'm a private
detective. I'm 37 years old, twice divorced, no kids...." And all of a
sudden, it hits me. I'm older than Kinsey! When the heck did that happen?
Yikes! It's like all of a sudden Kinsey is my younger sister, rather than
my peer, or my mom's age! It boggles the mind, really!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old July 28th 04, 11:42 PM
laurie

Thanks! It is pretty cool. We were very pleased and surprised! I'm only
on chapter 3, so don't spoil anything for me!

I'm only on about page 100 or so, don't worry! No spoilers!

[...]

Too funny- that must be so weird! I keep wondering when your mom will
integrate a cell phone into Kinsey's life, LOL. I can't remember exactly when
they became popular for personal use- about 1989 or 1990?

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, 14 months
Old July 29th 04, 12:10 AM
Jamie Clark

I don't remember either. Some people did have cell phones and computers
"way back then" but they were big and bulky and expensive, so not something
that Kinsey would likely have in 1986, or whenever the books are set.

Old July 29th 04, 04:02 PM
Em

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
[...]

That's pretty funny, Jamie! I love the books and was wondering if Taylor
would get a dedication (I haven't read "R" yet--going to have to put it
on hold at the library).

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 10 months old

FAO Jamie Clark Sue Pregnancy 0 June 13th 04 08:46 PM
Update from Jamie Jamie Clark Pregnancy 1 June 4th 04 03:51 PM
Thinking of Jamie and Nathan DeliciousTruffles Pregnancy 5 March 9th 04 07:10 AM
Happy 38th Birthday, Jamie! DeliciousTruffles Pregnancy 2 March 6th 04 06:16 AM
Attn: Jamie Clark Kara H Pregnancy 13 January 15th 04 07:36 AM