Another reason why spanking is safe in America

Old November 8th 05, 10:15 PM

Default Another reason why spanking is safe in America

Opinions wrote:

..snip.........

Even kids understand that there is a difference between being paddled
by a stranger at school and being spanked by a parent at home.

So you think they'd much rather be spanked by someone they know, is
that it?

That is
one reason why teachers and other mandated reporters under CAPTA are
out of the loop. With the mess that currently passes for public
education, teachers are no longer seen as saviors.

Oh, the "mess?" Really? You can support that claim?

One of the standards most used in the past to claim that education was
going to hell was the claim that SATs were so poor. From the time of
William "the ethics king" Bennett, these kinds of claims were
made...all for the profits to be generated by scare tactics...the
Chicken Little claims, with the Turkey Lurky reactions by stupid people
such as you.

I don't hold with SAT scores being the correct measure of how PSing is
going, because not every child wants to go to college, or needs to,
given the reality of employment and our economy (most jobs are in the
service and hospitality sector, nor engineering and science), but just
to show you the scale of the lies perpetrated on the US public, and
you, dummy, have a gander on the SAT score issue:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...oogle+Searc h

collegeboard.com - Press - Releases - Article
Washington, DC-The College Board announced SAT® scores today for ...
For the
class of 2005, the average SAT math scores continued their strong
upward trend ...
www.collegeboard.com/cbseniors - 22k - Nov 7, 2005 - Cached - Similar
pages

collegeboard.com - Press - Releases - Article
"Higher SAT scores, a record number of test-takers, and more
diversity add ...
Math Scores Continue Upward Swing. The average score on the math
section has ...
http://www.collegeboard.com/press/ar...,26858,00.html - 15k -
Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.collegeboard.com ]

[PDF] Attention Upward Bound Juniors! You MUST register to take the SAT
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Upward Bound requires students to take the SAT in the spring of their.
junior year.
Most colleges use the SAT score from your junior year to help ...
www.equity.psu.edu/ub/docs/sat_notice_jrs.pdf - Similar pages

CALIFORNIA / SAT I scores rise in math, verbal tests statewide ...
.... the SAT I and that math scores have continued their upward trend
nationwide.
.... Nationwide, math scores continued their upward trend, growing to
520 ...
sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/08/31/BAGD0EFKAH1.DTL -
28k - Cached - Similar pages

Hawai'i's latest SAT scores nudge upward - The Honolulu Advertiser ...
Hawaii's Newspaper Online, Hawaii news and information from the state's
largest
daily newspaper.
the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2005/Aug/30/ln/FP508300340.html -
58k - Cached - Similar pages

AutoAdmit.com - Chances with low GPA, high SAT score, upward GPA ...
Would this score nullify my other bad, old SAT score? Could my SAT
scores, essay,
and upward GPA trend still give me a chance at the colleges of my
choice? ...
http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?th...c=8&forum_id=1 - 19k -
Cached - Similar pages

Onward and upward: Enrollment, freshman SAT scores continue to rise
Onward and upward Enrollment, freshman SAT scores continue to rise ...
The average
SAT score in Georgia was 969 and for the country the average was 1016.
www.uga.edu/columns/991101/front2.html - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

UNH Upward Bound Pipeline Student Newsletter
.... Seniors: Do all your colleges have your SAT scores? ... Senior
CollegeAcceptances;
Spring SAT I Dates; Recruitment of New Upward Bound Students ...
www.upwardbound.unh.edu/pipelinearchive.html - 28k - Cached - Similar
pages

CNN.com - SAT math scores hit 30-year high - August 29, 2000
Math scores continued an upward trend, increasing by three points from
1999 ...
Verbal SAT scores have remained stable at 505 for the fifth year in a
row. ...
cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/2000/US/08/29/sat.scores.01/ - 40k - Cached -
Similar pages

2004 SAT Scores for DoDEA Released
Strong Gains in SAT Verbal Scores Reported for DoDEA Students ... There
has been
a consistent upward trend in the math scores of DoDEA's Hispanic
students ...
http://www.dodea.edu/communications/...ses/090705.htm - 18k - Cached -
Similar pages

You'll find that all other voluntary testing outcomes have the same
results. Public schools seem to be doing an adequate to excellent job.
It's the occasional failure, and the sickness of uneven funding that
makes SOME schools give such a bad showing that are the problem, not
"public education," but social incapacity to respond to social
problems.

About the only area of teaching that exceeds public school generally is
homeschooing, and many of them DO send their children to public school
for some coursework, and of course, college.

I wish public school was better...but I know it's adequate except where
it isn't....in the poor and minority enclaves of this country. A
problem for society, not government. Government can't do what the
public will not let them, and no elected official has made it into
office EVER by saying let's help the POOR SCHOOLS AND STOP THIS UNEVEN
DISTRIBUTION OF THE EDUCATION DOLLAR.

No, they have, in their smarmy way, rather like you and the pack of
fools that continue to defend assualt on children and call it
"spanking," instead say, "I'm for improving 'the' schools." Yeah, sure.
like the schools on the right side of the tracks are badly in need of
yet another sports field and two computers per child.

How DO you people get so dumb? Watch a lot of TV do yah?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...00969?v=glance

I know first hand, as I have experience in both the public and private
sectors of education that there was a deliberate attempt to undermine
public education back in the Reagan and Bush administrations for the
sole purpose creating a profitable crisis.

Check up on William Bennett and the educational programs HE and his his
cronies brought to market in recent years. It's crap, educationally,
but they have armies of salespeople in the field pushing their crap and
with the excuse of all the "proof" of a "broken educational system."
It's the big lie, written even bigger.

A thoughtful reviewer had this to say about their book, and the times
haven't change, but instead gotten worse as the fundy
conservatives...rightests all....have come to profit by the lies they
sowed in the those years:

The Best Book on the So-called Education Crisis, June 22, 2000
Reviewer: Susan Nunes (Reno, NV United States) - See all my reviews
Few subjects have been more lied about than the issue of the state of
public schools. Berliner and Biddle, two academics in the field of
education, methodically demolish every single lie, every single myth
that's been perpetrated by the right wing in the past two decades. They
dispel the myth of "declining" SAT scores, they take on the Reagan
administration propaganda piece A NATION AT RISK, they dispute the
notion that private schools are inherently superior than public
schools... and they repeatedly show, with a truckload of documentation,
what is right with public schools.

One of the most notable parts of the book concerns a governmental
report conducted during the Bush administration called "The Sandia
Report." The report's researchers looked at existing studies about such
diverse areas in education as teacher preparation, SAT scores, funding
of schools, postsecondary education, and dropout/retention rates.
Contrary to the gloom-and-doom of A NATION AT RISK, the researchers
found that our educational system in the United States was, on the
whole, in far better shape than the propaganda had claimed.
Unfortunately, the Bush administration squelched the report as it did
not support its preconceived notions on the state of education in
America. It wasn't until 1993 when the report was finally released.
Berliner and Biddle describe how the report had to be rewritten and
rewritten to fit the Bush mold. Still, the results of the study weren't
good enough. This was a major and unreported scandal during the Bush
years....

Berliner and Biddle do acknowledge there are problems in the public
schools; for example, the increased numbers of immigrants and the
disparities in funding of different school districts in different
states. These are REAL problems which require increased spending,
unlike the anti-public school propaganda which states the public
schools are failures and the only way to save them is to give taxpayer
money to private schools via vouchers, which in turn starve the public
schools even more for funding and the quality goes down even further.
At bottom, the anti-public school propaganda campaign is a campaign
against our very form of democracy and social mobility which has made
this country great. Berliner and Biddle provide ample ammunition to
counter the anti-public school lies.

Kane