Would you spank in this situation?

Old August 25th 06, 06:01 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
dragonsgirl

Default Would you spank in this situation?

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Betty wrote
This mom needs a good spanking to teach her how to act.

Clearly Betty believes in the efficacy of spanking!

Thanks Betty!

Now Greg, let's not get all cocky and crude, as is your usual way.
I have never said that I did not agree with spanking...or, ore the the
point, I didn't disagree with others doing so.
I used to spank, and I believe I made it clear that I od not any longer
because I see no need for it after learning some behavior modification
technics.
Isn't that so, Greg?

Old August 25th 06, 06:11 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

On 25 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On 24 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, dragonsgirl wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Kane wrote
Just for fun check out the alcoholism rates for France sometime, dummy.

1. The USA is not France.

No kidding?

2. Are statistics more important than a parents right to teach as they
see fit?

You pointed out that giving wine to kids is done often in France, he pointed
out that the stats for alocoholism in France may be high.
Common practice vs Negative outcome.
Make sense?

Except that he might be lying, as usual. Why don't you look up the stats
and see if Kane is telling the truth? Here is my simple search using
google:

Alcoholism in Western Europe (Extrapolated Statistics)
Britain (United Kingdom) 3,345,910 60,270,708 for UK2
Belgium 574,481 10,348,2762
France 3,354,432 60,424,2132
Ireland 220,368 3,969,5582
Luxembourg 25,686 462,6902
Monaco 1,791 32,2702
Netherlands (Holland) 905,900 16,318,1992
United Kingdom 3,345,910 60,270,7082
Wales 161,991 2,918,0002

Wanna look up the stats for good old USA? ;-)

Why no source cite and link, Monkeyboy?

0:-

What? Can't use that "formidable research skill" of yours, Neverspanked
boy? ;-)

Your source is not my homework, boy.

Provide it or be seen again, as wearing no clothes and flinging ****.

0:-

Hihihi! **** coming out of your mouth again!

Doan

Old August 25th 06, 09:15 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

Doan wrote:
On 25 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

Compared to the fact YOU did not prove that the French have overcome the
drunkenness problem by "teaching" their children how to drink responsibly.

R R R R R R R

Doan

I see you still won't provide a citation for your source.

What are you afraid of?

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old August 25th 06, 09:46 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On 25 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

Nice try! I've never claimed that, STUPID!

Doan

I see you still won't provide a citation for your source.

What are you afraid of?

Where your citation for the French drunkenness problem, the New England
Journal of Medicine? ;-)

AF

Old August 25th 06, 11:06 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Ron

"dragonsgirl" wrote in message

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Betty wrote
This mom needs a good spanking to teach her how to act.

Clearly Betty believes in the efficacy of spanking!

Thanks Betty!

Now Greg, let's not get all cocky and crude, as is your usual way.
I have never said that I did not agree with spanking...or, ore the the
point, I didn't disagree with others doing so.
I used to spank, and I believe I made it clear that I od not any longer
because I see no need for it after learning some behavior modification
technics.
Isn't that so, Greg?

Spanking is and of itself a behavior modification technique. The difference
in the frame of the discussion is, is it being applied by a vengeful/angry
parent or a parent who is trying to modify behavior?

Ron

Old August 25th 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Betty wrote
This mom needs a good spanking to teach her how to act.

Clearly Betty believes in the efficacy of spanking!

Thanks Betty!

Now Greg, let's not get all cocky and crude, as is your usual way.
I have never said that I did not agree with spanking...or, ore the the
point, I didn't disagree with others doing so.
I used to spank, and I believe I made it clear that I od not any longer
because I see no need for it after learning some behavior modification
technics.
Isn't that so, Greg?

Spanking is and of itself a behavior modification technique. The
difference in the frame of the discussion is, is it being applied by a
vengeful/angry parent or a parent who is trying to modify behavior?

Ron

Regardless of how it applies to this discussion, I do not feel a need to
spank anymore.
I find that other types of discipline work rather effectively, and spanking
isn't at all as useful as I had once thought it was.

Old August 25th 06, 11:37 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Ron

"dragonsgirl" wrote in message
m...

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

Well, then thats your decision. Congratulations.

I find that other types of discipline work rather effectively, and
spanking isn't at all as useful as I had once thought it was.

I find it quite useful, but only use it when it is required. Each
individual must make their own decisions about parenting and discipline. I
don't slight anyone for making these decisions as long as they do so for
reasons that are in the best interests of their child(ren).

What I object to is someone trying to foist their opinion of what is and is
not good parenting on the parents of this country through legislation. I
also object to those who have a bit of education trying to use it to
browbeat us parents into believing that their limited education is more
valid than 20,000+ years of historical experience and fact.

Ron

Old August 26th 06, 01:06 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

Doan wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On 25 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, then why did you post the list of countries data?

Doan

I see you still won't provide a citation for your source.

What are you afraid of?

Where your citation for the French drunkenness problem, the New England
Journal of Medicine? ;-)

http://www.aaw.com/under/four.html

"Parent cultures? Both French and Italian children commonly grow up with
wine as a table beverage. Again, the French alcoholism rate is many
times higher than the Italian, this in spite of the Italians drinking
about the same amount of alcohol per capita. To the drink counters this
difference in alcoholism rates disappears into per capita equivalence."

http://alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/cgi...t/full/36/1/89

"According to the HCSP (Chevalier and Lambrozo, 1990Go), five million
persons are at medical, psychological and social risk through excessive
alcohol consumption, i.e. 15% of the population aged over 18 years (high
estimate). According to the health survey of 1991–1992 conducted by the
French Public Statistical Office (INSEE) (Tellier, 1996Go), 16% of men
consume more than five drinks a day, and 5% of women more than three
drinks a day, i.e. 10% of the population are considered as heavy
drinkers (low estimate).

Table 1Go shows the AAF for an alcohol abuse prevalence of 10%
(low-bound estimate). Most of these health disorders stem directly from
alcohol abuse, i.e. AAF = 100%. These calculations were repeated for a
prevalence of 15% (high estimate)."

So now. Would YOU like to take a position? Or are you just Monkeying
around?

R R R R R R R R R R

AF

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old August 26th 06, 01:09 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

I agree with you to a point...some parents was to take the 'friend'
approach.
Yes, 'friends' who give their kids alcohol, let them have sex at home, etc
etc.
Other than that, yeah, I agree...others can raise kids as they please, and
you will note that I rarely make comment on spanking in general because I
don't care much if others do spank.

Old August 26th 06, 01:20 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

Doan wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On 25 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.paris-anglo.com/dedent/de...anslive/81.php

"The need to "let loose" or partake in anti-social behavior is not as
prevalent in France, mostly in that the culture is socially less
repressed in general. It has been estimated that the average French
person over 20 years old consumes an average of 53 grams (1.87 ounces)
of pure alcohol per day, making him a participant in an impressive
percentage: the French remain the world´s heaviest consumers of alcohol
per capita after the Luxembourgeois.

Wine is still served with both lunch and dinner in many families, but
the meal is no longer considered incomplete without it (see Wine).
Alcoholism in France is responsible for 17,000 deaths a year, caused
more by cheap red wine than hard alcohol, and it is a phenomenon which
is vastly more common in rural and slum areas."

Wanna bet those Luxembourgers also "teach" their children "responsible
drinking" young?

Ever been to Europe, Dummy?

0:-

AF

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)