diarrhea in BF newborn

Old June 17th 07, 06:03 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected][_2_]

Default diarrhea in BF newborn

my month old baby just had diarreaha. its still nice mustard color but
completelty liquidy, never had stool of this type before.

i am waiting for the next stool to see if it remains the same and will
call my doc.hopefully wont have to take him to hospital today.

i read this is very uncommon in BF babies. is there any less worrysome
explanation which can cause a one off diarrhea stool (like mommy
eating something)? or does diarrhea mean he contracted a bug from
somewhere?

thx

Old June 17th 07, 06:45 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected][_2_]

i dont recall seeing any. his normal stools were never 'solid', sort
of mustard/relish texture.

but this is milkshake texture , mustard color. still waiting for next
stool to see any developments....

thx

On Jun 17, 7:13 am, Irrational Number wrote:
wrote:
my month old baby just had diarreaha. its still nice mustard color but
completelty liquidy, never had stool of this type before.

I think that's normal... Are there little
seeds in it? (It's good to have seeds.)

-- Anita --

Old June 17th 07, 07:18 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

In article . com,
" wrote:

my month old baby just had diarreaha. its still nice mustard color but
completelty liquidy, never had stool of this type before.

That sounds normal to me -- there is a bit of variation, as time will show!

IME diarrhoea in young children is not just runny; it's like water with bits
in, nappies don't catch it, necessitating a bath and change of clothes, and it
stinks. Abominably!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old June 17th 07, 11:48 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Mum of Two

wrote in message
ups.com...
my month old baby just had diarreaha. its still nice mustard color but
completelty liquidy, never had stool of this type before.

i am waiting for the next stool to see if it remains the same and will
call my doc.hopefully wont have to take him to hospital today.

i read this is very uncommon in BF babies. is there any less worrysome
explanation which can cause a one off diarrhea stool (like mommy
eating something)? or does diarrhea mean he contracted a bug from
somewhere?

If it's foamy and nasty smelling, it could be a tummy bug, but it sounds
very normal to me.

Amy

Old June 18th 07, 01:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Sue

Sounds perfectly normal. Bowel movements in infants and even children vary
widely and most are considered normal. When it is truly diarrhea, it will be
very liquid sometimes with little bits in it and it will be foul smelling
and it will happen many times.
--
Sue

ups.com...

Old June 22nd 07, 12:32 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

In article .com,
" wrote:

i dont recall seeing any. his normal stools were never 'solid', sort
of mustard/relish texture.

That's typical.

but this is milkshake texture , mustard color. still waiting for next
stool to see any developments....

That sounds like a normal one to me.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia