Anyone using Implanon? Stories please...

Old June 18th 07, 09:38 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
CY[_2_]

Default Anyone using Implanon? Stories please...

After having my Mirena removed I wanted to find another "don't have to think
about it" type of birth control and my new doc recommended Implanon
(http://www.implanon-usa.com if you want to take a look). Has anyone used
it? It looks pretty good and I am probably going to get it, but would like
to hear your stories. Seems like not a lot of docs are trained in its
insertion yet so I may have to wait for a bit

TIA

CY

Old June 19th 07, 12:09 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers[_4_]

CY wrote:
After having my Mirena removed I wanted to find another "don't have to think
about it" type of birth control and my new doc recommended Implanon
(http://www.implanon-usa.com if you want to take a look). Has anyone used
it? It looks pretty good and I am probably going to get it, but would like
to hear your stories. Seems like not a lot of docs are trained in its
insertion yet so I may have to wait for a bit

either this, or something very similar was approved in the UK a lot
earlier than in the US, so though I've not used one myself, I've spoken
to other women who have. This may not bother you at all, but it would
bother me, one women let me feel where it was on her arm and it was like
she had a hair grip deep under her skin, which would totally gross me
out, the web page says you can't see it, which is true, but feeling it
like that would be too much for me! The good thing about it is if you
don't get on with it, you can have it removed, unlike the injection. Did
you end up going on the mini pill or not? I can't recall for sure, but I
think the dose that ends up in your blood stream is pretty similar to
the mini pill (unlike the mirena, low dose in a local area). The side
effect profile doesn't look that great to me, but if your insurance
covers it, you've not got much to loose by trying.

Cheers
Anne
Old June 22nd 07, 03:24 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Linda

"CY" wrote in message
After having my Mirena removed I wanted to find another "don't have to
think about it" type of birth control and my new doc recommended Implanon
(http://www.implanon-usa.com if you want to take a look). Has anyone used
it? It looks pretty good and I am probably going to get it, but would
like to hear your stories. Seems like not a lot of docs are trained in
its insertion yet so I may have to wait for a bit

TIA

CY

I had this about 4 years ago (was approved a while ago in Australia) The
pill makes me sick and previously I had been using the injection. My Doc
was one of the first ones here trained in it and she had one herself.
Insertion was fairly easy, bit of a sting and bruising for a few days. Like
Anne said you can feel lump if you try, which is so they can find it to
remove it. It was a bit weird at first but after a couple of weeks the
novelty wore off and I didn't think about it.
It had pretty much the same effects as the injection, I had to watch for
increased appetite, but as long as I was aware of it I was fine. Only other
problem I had was not much libido, which is why I ended up having it removed
a year later (and my libido still didn't increase, so I don't think the
implanon was the problem anyway).
It left a tiny scar, similar to vaccination scars. I doubt I'll have one
again as we'll just have kids spaced out by breastfeeding however it works
out, and then when we're done DH will have the snip.
If you've read up on it and you're ok with possible side effects then I
would have no hesitation in recommending it. hth

Old June 23rd 07, 10:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
tishtash

"linda" wrote in message

"CY" wrote in message
[...]

hi i have it in my are i have had it in six weeks after i had my little girl
i have had not problems with it and i dont even know its there i would tell
anyone to try it.

Stories kim mcmillan Single Parents 1 March 7th 06 08:51 AM
Stories kim mcmillan Foster Parents 0 March 7th 06 04:38 AM
NIP stories. :) Lina Breastfeeding 24 August 28th 03 06:07 PM
True Stories - Multicultural Stories for Children Online lucianna General 0 July 30th 03 05:52 AM