Club of Rome: Pregnant? Disgusting stimuli at UCLA (research)

Old January 30th 05, 10:52 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Club of Rome: Pregnant? Disgusting stimuli at UCLA (research)

CLUB OF ROME: Let's open birth canals worldwide. Let's let newborns
tranfuse to themselves all the stem cells they want and harvest only the
stem cells newborns leave.

IDEA...Newborn resuscitation IDEA at the very end of this post.

Club of Rome member UCLA Vice Chancellor ROBERTO PECCEI please see the end
of my Open Letter to Prof. DMT Fessler below - and also PS3 regarding the
Club of Rome helping to stop The Great Squat Robbery.

PREGNANT? It's gruesome - some might say DISGUSTING: In addition to
temporarily asphyxiating babies and robbing them of massive blood volume
(see below), OBs are closing birth canals up to 30% and lying to cover-up.
It is easy to allow the birth canal to open the "extra" up to 30%. See The
Four OB Lies below.

DISGUSTING STIMULI AT UCLA (RESEARCH)

"Society may benefit from [this UCLA 'potentially disgusting stimuli' study]
of the effects of pregnancy on emotional experience..."
--Daniel M.T. Fessler, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, UCLA
http://www.xba-ucla.com/cdns/dib/study4/

Open Letter (archived for global access; see below)

Daniel M.T. Fessler
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Dept. of Anthropology, UCLA
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1553
Email
Tel. (310) 794-9252

Daniel,

You are studying "the relationship between pregnancy and reactions to
potentially disgusting stimuli."
http://www.xba-ucla.com/cdns/dib/study4/

You say society might potentially benefit from your study because "health
care professionals would be better able to advise their clients..."

Be advised:

1. "Health care" professionals are closing birth canals up to 30% and
keeping birth canals closed when babies get stuck and lying to cover-up.
See The Four OB Lies below.

2. "Health care" professionals are temporarily asphyxiating babies and
robbing them of massive blood volume.

In regard to the temporary asphyxiation and massive robbery of blood
volume...

See If Amy's baby is born blue (also: Asphyxia does not injure the brain?)

With OBs concealing these massive birth felonies, the only alternative is to
warn women that they will be confronted with such "disgusting stimuli" at
birth. (I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs for the reason given
below.)

Since you are studying pregnant women's reactions to "potentially disgusting
stimuli," you might be interested to know my sense of how women react. My
sense is that: Some women respond to news of the coming "disgusting
stimuli" by informing the OB that he will not be closing the birth canal or
robbing the baby of blood; some respond by remaining silent and resolving
not to let the OB close the birth canal or rob the baby; and some respond by
protesting that what I am saying simply can't be true. "I trust my doctor."
See If Amy's baby is born blue, URL above.

In this culture where challenging medical authority has been discouraged,
who can blame women for not wanting to challenge the obstetric authority who
will attend the delivery? Why should women have to ASK obstetricians for
that which should be automatically provided?

One campus in the University of California system (Irvine) actually uses
it's website to PROMOTE semisitting delivery - closing the birth canal the
"extra" up to 30%!

See Pediatricians: What about DURING birth?

See also: Distinguished OBSTETRIC Teaching at UCLA?

I am a UCLA alumnus (BS Biochem '75).

I am hoping you will help stop UCLA obstetricians from offering pregnant
women and their babies "disgusting stimuli" at birth.

REMEMBER: Pregnant women are ALREADY research subjects - UNWITTING research
subjects who have not been informed, for example, that they will be
subjected the gruesome/"disgusting" medical procedure of closing the birth
canal the "extra" up to 30%.

"THE OBSTETRIC ART": UNCONTROLLED EXPERIMENTATION

"[Obstetrics] amounts to uncontrolled experimentation." [Lilford RJ. State
of the ob*stetric art. The
Lancet (Nov18)1989:1205-1207. Reviewing Chalmers I, Enkin M* and Keirse
MJNC
(eds.). Effective Care in Pregnancy and Childbirth Oxford: O*xford
University
Press 1989 Pp 1516 (2 vols) ISBN 0-192615580]

You write that at UCLA, research subjects "may...discontinue participation
without penalty....[Q]uestions regarding...rights as a research subject,
contact the Office for Protection of Research Subjects [OPRS], 2107
Ueberroth Building, UCLA, Box 951694, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1694, (310)
825-8714."
http://www.xba-ucla.com/cdns/dib/study4/

Women who aren't informed can't possibly withdraw from this uncontrolled
birth-canal-closing experiment called "obstetric science."

I will contact UCLA Vice Chancellor for Research ROBERTO PECCEI who is
UCLA's Institutional Official (IO) via .

As UCLA's Institutional Official (IO), Vice Chancellor Roberto "has the
legal authority to act and speak for the institution, and ensures that UCLA
will effectively fulfill its research oversight function and
responsibility."

UCLA Vice Chancellor Roberto is accountable for:

a. All research involving animal or human subjects performed under the
auspices of
UCLA,
b. Creating a campus culture that promotes and upholds the highest ethical
and
scientific principles in the review and conduct of animal and human
research,
c. Committing the institution to compliance with HHS regulations and local
law for
the protection of animal and human subjects...
http://www.oprs.ucla.edu/human/NewsL...200411 11.pdf

Obviously, UCLA Vice Chancellor Roberto is accountable for UCLA's
uncontrolled birth-canal-closing experiment on unwitting pregnant women.

I will copy UCLA Vice Chancellor Roberto via:

The UCLA Chancellor's Animal Research Committee (ARC)
Telephone: (310) 206-6308
Email:

The UCLA General Institutional Review Board (GC-IRB)
Telephone: (310) 825-7122
Email:

The UCLA Medical Institutional Review Board (M-IRB)
Telephone: (310) 825-5344
Email:

Daniel, I hope you will personally urge UCLA Vice Chancellor Roberto to stop
UCLA obstetricians from offering unwitting pregnant-women-research-subjects
(and their babies) "disgusting stimuli" at birth.

OBs should not be keeping birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% (or
closing birth canals in the first place) - and women should not have to ask
for the "extra" up to 30%.

OBs are lying to cover-up this obvious felony.

See The Four OB Lies below.

As indicated above, I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. As medical
students, MDs are TRAINED to perform felonies.

Pardons in advance will help stop this bizarre birth behavior sooner at UCLA
and elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS1 THE FOUR OB LIES

OB LIE #1. After MASSIVE change in the AP pelvic outlet diameter was
clinically demonstrated in 1911 and radiographically demonstrated in 1957,
the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that pelvic
diamaters DON'T CHANGE at delivery.

OB LIE #2. After Ohlsen pointed out in 1973 that pelvic diameters DO
change - the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that
their most frequent delivery position - dorsal - widens the outlet.

OB LIE #3. After I pointed out in 1992 that dorsal CLOSES - and so does
semisitting - the authors of Williams Obstetrics - put the correct
biomechanics in their 1993 edition - but kept in their text (in the same
paragraph!) - the dorsal widens bald lie that first called my attention to
their text...

OB LIE #4. OBs are actually KEEPING birth canals closed when babies get
stuck - and claiming they are doing everything to allow the birth canal open
maximally. (ACOG Shoulder Dystocia video - also forceps and vacuum births
are performed with the mother in lithotomy.)

See Make birth better: Dan Rather, before you leave CBS...

I noted some of the OB lies in an Open Letter to the FTC years ago...
http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/part2ftc.html

ETHICAL VIOLATION

MDs are violating AMA's Principles of Medical Ethics, failing to strive to
expose the OB fraud and deception, as in,

"[AMA physician[s] shall...strive to expose those physicians...who engage in
fraud or deception."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...seek changes in those requirements which are
contrary to the best interests of the patient."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...make relevant information available to patients,
colleagues, and the public..."
http://www.psych.org/psych_pract/eth...nions53101.cfm

PS2 ANTHROPOLOGISTS vs. THE GREAT SQUAT ROBBERY?

The Great Birth Robbery (routine denial of the "extra" up to
30%) was in effect blamed on The Great Squat Robbery in British
obstetrician Jason Gardosi, MD's 1989 Lancet "randomised controlled trial of
squatting" - where nobody squatted...

See Two robberies: educators can stop them
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3047

See also: The Great Squat Robbery and UCI's Harry B. Skinner, MD, PhD
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3146

Do squatting cultures really want to ape Western chairdwelling culture in
robbing children of an innate comfortable rest posture that doubles as a
human delivery posture that allows the birth canal to open the "extra" up to
30%?

As folks in squatting cultures easily rise from a squat in squatting
cultures well into old age, many elderly chairdwellers have difficulty
rising from a chair.

Here in the US, Medicare pays for motors in "ejection" chairs.

We shouldn't be robbing children of an innate way to take a rest on their
feet in virtually any terrain.

Hopefully, the West's chair imperialism can be reversed.

Maybe the UCLA anthropology department can help stop both the The Great
Birth Robbery and The Great Squat Robbery.

PS3 CLUB OF ROME

I note that UCLA Vice Chancellor Roberto Peccie is an "active member" of The
Club of Rome...
http://www.clubofrome.org/members/me...bership=Active

"The Club of Rome's mission is to act as a global catalyst of change that is
free of any political, ideological or business interest...The Club of Rome
contributes to the solution of what it calls the world problematique, the
complex set of the most crucial problems - political, social, economic,
technological, environmental, psychological and cultural - facing
humanity...It does so taking a global, long term and interdisciplinary
perspective aware of the increasing interdependence of nations and the
globalisation of problems that pose predicaments beyond the capacity of
individual countries."
http://www.clubofrome.org/about/index.php

Maybe UCLA Vice Chancellor Roberto can enlist the aid of The Club of Rome to
stop the world's OBs from closing birth canals and keeping birth canals
closed up to 30%.

Maybe The Club of Rome can stop the (related) bizarre Western practice of
robbing children of an innate way to take a rest!!

(Westerners are robbed as children so most aren't even aware that
flat-footed squatting is a way to rest the spine while on one's feet. The
West's low back pain epidemic MIGHT have something to do with this robbery -
but regardless - The Great Squat Robbery should be stopped. Canadian
orthopedic surgeon W. Harry Fahrni, MD was right: We can keep using
chairs - but we should stop the robbery. [Orth Clin N Am 1975])

PS4 Daniel, I learned of your "disgusting stimuli" research because of an
anonymous poster to the usenet who wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Everyone!

I am a Research Assistant under Carlos Navarrete of the Psychology
Department of UCLA. I would like to encourage you to take this survey.
It is free, cheap and easy! It takes about five minutes of your time
and it will help us in our study of women's health. Only with your
help will we be able to continue our research!

Pregnany Women only please.

Just click on this link: http://www.xba-ucla.com/cdns/dib/study4
Thank you for your time!

Emily replied:

"In case anyone can't figure this out: this is not really from
UCLA. A UCLA url would end in .edu..."

Hglong replied:

"This survey doesn't seem to have much to do with pregnancy, and more to
do with people's views of the united states. Actually very little of
it was related to pregnancy at all."

Rivka W ("a psychologist working in HIV research and treatment"
http://respectfulofotters.blogspot.com) wrote:

"It does look as though this is actually being run through UCLA, and
there is what appears to be a standard consent form indicating that
the research has been approved by the university...However, the consent form
lists the investigator as a Daniel Fessler, not Carlos Navarrete. And it's
hard to figure how it qualifies as a
'study of women's health,' given that it appears to be a survey about
ethnocentrism, not health practices."

Daniel, I visited your website and so far as I could tell, there was no
forthcoming work involving "Pregnant women only"; though there was this
mention of forthcoming work with "C.D. Navarrete":

"forthcoming . (D.M.T. Fessler, C.D. Navarrete) Meat is good to taboo:
Dietary proscriptions as a product of the interaction of psychological
mechanisms and social processes. Journal of Cognition & Culture."
http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/anthro/fa...sler/vitae.htm

On your "Research Interests" page, I found this:

"In a second set of projects I a) examine pregnancy sickness as an evolved
adaptation that protects immunosuppressed women from the dangers of
meat-borne pathogens, b) investigate sex differences in meat consumption, c)
consider the resulting implications for nonhuman primate predation and
hominid evolution, and d) explore the role of disgust in the centrality of
animal products as targets of food taboos."
http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/anthro/fa.../interests.htm

I don't see any similar phraseology in your consent form. Either your
"Pregnant women only" study is not listed - or I have missed it - or there
is no need for you to use phraseology from your research descriptions to
describe the "Pregnant women only" study when asking for people to consent.

Anyway, good luck in your research and I hope you'll urge UCLA Vice
Chancellor Roberto to stop UCLA obstetricians from offering unwitting
pregnant women research subjects and their babies "disgusting stimuli" at
birth.

Again: OBs should not be keeping birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30%
(or closing birth canals in the first place) - and women should not have to
ask for the "extra" up to 30%.

Nor should OBs be temporarily asphyxiating babies and robbing them of
massive blood volume.

I guess "disgusting" isn't as good a descriptor as gruesome - but the
bizarre medical behavior should be stopped immediately.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Hillsboro, Oregon, USA

My thanks to Donna Young for calling my attention to immediate cord clamping
and to Kelly Moscarello for calling my attention back to it after her little
Bella suffered severe cerebral palsy following immediate cord clamping.

Cord blood has stem cells and stem cells can potentially repair brain
damage. Maybe if the baby is not breathing it is necessary to immediately
clamp to get the baby to resuscitation equipment? Maybe not?

IDEA... Newborn resuscitation IDEA: Why can't mother and baby be wheeled
UNDER such equipment with nature's oxygenation/transfusion device
(mother/placenta) still hooked up to the baby?

See again: If Amy's baby is born blue (also: Asphyxia does not injure the
brain?)

This Open Letter to Prof. Daniel Fessler will be archived in the Google
usenet archive. Search http://groups.google.com for "Club of Rome:
Pregnant? Disgusting stimuli at UCLA (research)"