Low HCG Levels and Progesterone Levels. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Old August 9th 06, 04:41 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
soconfused123

Default Low HCG Levels and Progesterone Levels. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Please help! I am five weeks pregnant today, yesterday began having
severe pain just on my right side, along with a little spotting. I
went to see my doctor, and they did a blood test to test my HCG levels,
and she said my levels should be above 2000. My HCG was 192, which is
very low and she said my progesterone was also low. She put me
Prometrium and asked me to come back Thurday to have my blood tested
again to see if they have gone up! She said there is a high risk of
miscarriage for me, right now. The pain has subsided and I am not
having anymore spotting right now. But I have no idea what any of this
means.
Has anyone had HCG Levels this low? Is there a chance my pregnancy
will make it, or should I expect a miscarriage? I am so scared,
worried, and confused! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 9th 06, 06:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
fidibus

I was on prometrium throughout the first tri-mester, just to make sure.
I am at 21 weeks now and all is well. Just keep doing what the doctor
says!

Old August 9th 06, 06:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

soconfused123 wrote:
Please help! I am five weeks pregnant today, yesterday began having
severe pain just on my right side, along with a little spotting. I
went to see my doctor, and they did a blood test to test my HCG
levels, and she said my levels should be above 2000. My HCG was 192,
which is very low and she said my progesterone was also low. She put
me Prometrium and asked me to come back Thurday to have my blood
tested again to see if they have gone up! She said there is a high
risk of miscarriage for me, right now. The pain has subsided and I am
not having anymore spotting right now. But I have no idea what any of
this means.
Has anyone had HCG Levels this low? Is there a chance my pregnancy
will make it, or should I expect a miscarriage? I am so scared,
worried, and confused! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you conceive from treatments or on your own? Do you know exactly when
you ovulated, and are you counting "5 weeks pg" from ovulation date, or LMP?
The reason I ask is that if you are 5 weeks pg from LMP, and if you have a
longer cycle than "average" then you may only really be 4 weeks pg, (or 2
weeks past conception), in which case a beta of 192 is a totally different
story, and quite good. Also, do you know what your actual progesterone
level was? Anything above a 15 can support a pregnancy, but many doctors
like to see it higher, so will have you use suppliments. It certainly can't
hurt.

Good luck.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old August 9th 06, 06:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
soconfused123

Jamie,
I concieved on my own. I know that I ovulated July 17th and the first
day of my last menstral cycle was July 5th. Yesterday the doctor told
me I would be five weeks today. So I am just going by what she said.
I do sometimes have a 30 day cycle but it fluctuates. To be honest
when the doctor called me last night with the result of my blood test
she told me the HCG level was 192 and was supposed to be 2000. And
that my progesterone was low. I do not remember her saying what
exactly my progesterone was at. She may have, but I was possibly still
in shock from the HCG level. I will call and find out what it is, and
get back to you.
Wow you have a lot of knowledge it seems. Thank you so much for
writing I look forward to hearing any knowledge or advice you have to
offer. You know how doctors don't typically give you a ton of info
because they dont want to scare you. But I am already scared. Thank
you again!

Old August 9th 06, 10:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

soconfused123 wrote:
[...]

The real test is going to be if your second beta has approximately doubled
every 2-3 days. So, for example, if your first beta was on a Monday, and
was 192, your second beta taken on Wednesday should be in the high 300's,
anywhere from 360-400 something would be good. If it's come close to
doubling, then, so far, so good.

I hesitate to believe doctors who say, "Oh, at X weeks/days you should be
(insert exact number here)." If you look at this chart on early HCG levels
in pregnancy, http://www.ivfer.com/hcg.htm you can see that the ranges are
huge. This chart is meant for people doing IVF, so you'd look at the one
that says Days Post HCG, and figure that pretty close to "days post
conception." At 5 weeks you are about 21 days past conception, which
according to this chart, a beta could be as high as 4130, as low as 324, and
an average of 1061. Now your beta is lower than the low listed here, but if
you are not EXACLY sure when you ovulated, you can see by just moving back a
day, to day 20 instead of 21, the numbers look better, with a low of 135.
And if you go back to 19 days past "conception" your numbers look even
better, in the range of 514 for high, 303 for average, and 111 for low. So
you can see how a day or two in the wrong direction can makes things look
dire when they may not be. The point of the story is that these types of
charts have a pretty wide range of "normal" and they don't take into account
EXACTLY what your body and embryo are doing.

Which brings me back to my original thought...it doesn't really matter what
a single beta result is, it matter what the second result is in relation to
that first result. If it seems to be rising and doubling normally, then the
chances are that this baby is going to be fine. Not guaranteed, but a good
chance.

Good luck. Keep us in the loop, and let us know what the second beta is. I
wouldn't worry overly much about the progesterone. You're on the
suppliments, so just go with that.

Old August 10th 06, 02:12 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Me Myself and I

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message

The real test is going to be if your second beta has approximately doubled
every 2-3 days. So, for example, if your first beta was on a Monday, and
was 192, your second beta taken on Wednesday should be in the high 300's,
anywhere from 360-400 something would be good. If it's come close to
doubling, then, so far, so good.

snip

Yeah what Jamie said The variation on beta numbers like she said can be
huge. There have been women on both pregnancy groups that I lurk on that
have had horrendously low beta's but gone on to have healthy pregnancys, and
others with very high numbers that didn't make it. It's all in the doubling
(up to a certain point) so for now that's what to concentrate on.

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Best wishes

--
Pip

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - 21 March 02 -
Still as small as a peanut but as smart as a whip!

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - 3 Feb 05 -
"Uhhhhh ohhhhhh" is my new favourite phrase, now what other trouble can I
find!

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old August 15th 06, 04:32 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Syn

Have you felt any morning sickness at all? I am five weeks as of today
and have yet to get sick. I get HCG results after noon today. This
waiting is driving me insane! I had pain on my right lower side and had
a sonogram on friday- too soon they say to see anything, but can see
what looks like a yolk sac in the uterus- hopeful to rule out an
ectopic.

Old August 16th 06, 10:45 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
rangitotogirl

"Syn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Have you felt any morning sickness at all? I am five weeks as of today
and have yet to get sick. I get HCG results after noon today. This
waiting is driving me insane! I had pain on my right lower side and had
a sonogram on friday- too soon they say to see anything, but can see
what looks like a yolk sac in the uterus- hopeful to rule out an
ectopic.

It's quite possible you might never get morning sickness. I never did. I
actually had fewer symptoms on my viable pregnancy than my non-viable
pregnancy which drove me just a little batty also. The early days of
pregnancy are no fun, but it does get better.

Old August 16th 06, 05:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sansvande

I will let you know that i did and mine did end up being an ectopic.
So PLEASE be careful, if you have more pain again, or more spotting
please tell your doctor that right away, or go straight to the
hospital, they can at least do an ultrasound and see if you have other
fluid in your body which will tell them if the baby is in the right
spot or not.

Hang in there I hope that things get better for you and that it is not
an ectopic.

Sandra