Rash and Nesting Syndrome

Old January 26th 04, 02:48 PM
Carol

Default New Here - Hello

My name is Carol, I live in Pennsylvania (USA), I am 9 weeks pregnant, and
I'm turning 40 in 27 days. This will be our first child; we were pregnant
in 2002, but it ended in a missed miscarriage.

I've been anxious about whether this one would end the same way, but on
Friday we had an ultrasound that showed a lovely little embryo measuring
21.66 mm, with a heart rate of 178. Right on target -- what a relief!

I look forward to talking with you all!

Carol

Old January 26th 04, 02:51 PM
kimberlee

Default Rash and Nesting Syndrome

I am 35 1/2 weeks pregnant and noticed a rash on my lower stomach, it is red and it itches, what could this be? Also, I was wondering if every pregnant woman goes through this "nesting syndrome" where they gets lots of energy and start cleaning everything. It seems like everyone does, but it is possible to just feel slugish until you have the baby?

Old January 26th 04, 02:53 PM
Carol Ann

:: My name is Carol, I live in Pennsylvania (USA), I am 9 weeks pregnant,
and
:: I'm turning 40 in 27 days. This will be our first child; we were
pregnant
:: in 2002, but it ended in a missed miscarriage.
::
:: I've been anxious about whether this one would end the same way, but on
:: Friday we had an ultrasound that showed a lovely little embryo measuring
:: 21.66 mm, with a heart rate of 178. Right on target -- what a relief!

Hi, Carol! I'm Carol Ann and I, too, am having my first child at the age of
40! Woo-hoo!

I look forward to reading about your ongoing pregnancy!

~Carol Ann
www.bestinatlanta.com/mybaby.html
EDD Mar 22
She's a Girl!

Old January 26th 04, 02:58 PM
Carol Ann

:: I am 35 1/2 weeks pregnant and noticed a rash on my lower stomach, it is
red and it itches, what could this be? Also, I was
:: wondering if every pregnant woman goes through this "nesting syndrome"
where they gets lots of energy and start cleaning
:: everything. It seems like everyone does, but it is possible to just feel
slugish until you have the baby?

Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP) is the most
common skin condition of pregnancy. Women with PUPPP develop small red bumps
and hives, and when severe, the bumps form large patches. This rash usually
starts on the abdomen and spreads to the thighs, buttocks, breasts, and
arms.

"You feel itchy everywhere during the worst and last trimester," Leffel
says. However, he adds, anti-itching topical medications, antihistamines,
and topical steroids can control the itching.

WebMd http://my.webmd.com/content/Article/...m?pagenumber=2

Hope that helps!

~Carol Ann

Old January 26th 04, 03:46 PM
kimberlee

Thank you very much!

Old January 26th 04, 03:47 PM
Christine

Welcome Carol, and CONGRATS.....;-)))
I'm going in my 6th month, I just turnrd 38 and this is my first as
well, and its a girl....;-)))),,,, ( Chloe Rose) EDD..5-21-04

I live in Pa too....did you get hit hard with the snow?

Ohhhhh....were all snowed in here!

Snowed in In Pa.....lol

Old January 26th 04, 04:32 PM
Kat

"kimberlee" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
I am 35 1/2 weeks pregnant and noticed a rash on my lower stomach, it is

red and it itches, what could this be? Also, I was wondering if every
pregnant woman goes through this "nesting syndrome" where they gets lots of
energy and start cleaning everything. It seems like everyone does, but it is
possible to just feel slugish until you have the baby?

I have had several days where I was incredibly restless and ran around the
house cleaning and getting things ready. But right now I don't feel like
doing anything! So I think it can go in fits and stops. Just listen to
what your body is telling you to do and I think you will be alright:-)
Kat
Mama to maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04 (only 5 days til EDD!!!!!!!!)

Old January 26th 04, 04:34 PM
Kat

"Carol" wrote in message
My name is Carol, I live in Pennsylvania (USA), I am 9 weeks pregnant, and
I'm turning 40 in 27 days. This will be our first child; we were pregnant
in 2002, but it ended in a missed miscarriage.

I've been anxious about whether this one would end the same way, but on
Friday we had an ultrasound that showed a lovely little embryo measuring
21.66 mm, with a heart rate of 178. Right on target -- what a relief!

I look forward to talking with you all!

Carol

Congrats and Welcome!! Hope you have a very uneventful pregnancy!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04 (only 5 days to go til EDD!!!!!!!!!)

Old January 26th 04, 05:19 PM
Carol

Hi Carol Ann! I'm glad to meet another 'elderly' (as they used to say)
mom-to-be!

Carol
EDD 8/30/04