Ultrasound results--GENDER!!!!!

Old May 25th 04, 03:45 AM
JennP

Default Ultrasound results--GENDER!!!!!

It's a girl!!!!! *Very* clearly a girl!

We were pretty surprised actually, but we are thrilled. Matthew was
surprisingly thrilled. In the week since we told him I was pregnant he kept
referring to the baby as he and would only talk about boy names. When the
u/s tech told us it's a girl his face just lit up. I think just knowing it
was *something* made it real for him.

Dh asked him if he had any girl names in mind and while hemming and hawing
the tech asked ds if he had any friends at school that he liked. Of course
he immediately piped up with Emma (his favorite girl at school) and we
actually like it. It's going on the short list. Grace was dh's grandmother
so that would be the middle name. Emma Grace. Short list though, we need to
come up with others, of course.

The ultrasound went well. The baby was measuring exactly for my due date so
there are no changes, thankfully. I didn't want it pushed too close to
Halloween. Boy, was she active. The tech was laughing as she was doing the
ultrasound and said, you've got a real live wire here! I couldn't really
feel anything so it was weird to see her barrel rolling around. Head up,
head down, sideways, she was all over the place!

One issue came up though. She has a somewhat large choroid plexus cyst and a
much smaller one on the other side. I'm really not worried about this though
since I know they almost always mean nothing. I did choose to have the quad
screen after all and will be going for the level II ultrasound just for my
own peace of mind. Thankfully, after reading this group for so many years I
knew what it was and knew not to get too worked up over it.

My placenta is partially over my cervix right now, but I also know that it
will most definitly move by the end of the pregnancy. I just forgot to ask
if it was anterior or posterior. I'll ask at the level II.

So overall, it was a good ultrasound. All other measurements looked good and
the tech said she saw nothing else that would indicate anything troublesome.

So, Brigette...add "girl" to my date on your due date calendar!
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04 It's a girl!!
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old May 25th 04, 03:53 AM
Alissa

"JennP" wrote in message
It's a girl!!!!! *Very* clearly a girl!

snip
--
JennP.

Oh wow, congratulations! I think all men secretly want a daughter!!!! My Dh
was all hyped up for another girl this time, he later tells me he did this
because he didn't want to feel dissapointment if he didn't get a boy! Nice
to have 1 of each!!!! BY the way I love the name Grace, Sarah grace was one
of our girls names...
Alissa
DD April 02
DS due 8th June 04

Old May 25th 04, 04:04 AM
Jamie Clark

Whooo hooooo! Congrats!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old May 25th 04, 04:31 AM
laurie

Jenn ,

I'm SO happy for you! Woo-hoo! Told ya it was a girl

I know you aren't worried about the choroid cyst, but just wanted to tell you
that friends of ours had two boys, *both* of who had the cysts on u/s, and all
was well.

AWESOME news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, 13 months
Old May 25th 04, 04:55 AM
Fer

JennP wrote:
|| It's a girl!!!!! *Very* clearly a girl!

That's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-35 weeks!

Old May 25th 04, 11:31 AM
melizabeth

"JennP" wrote in message
[...]

Yay, JennP! I am so happy for you. It sounds like a great day and I love
your name choices.

Old May 25th 04, 11:56 AM
Andrea

"JennP" wrote in message
It's a girl!!!!! *Very* clearly a girl!

JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04 It's a girl!!

Oh wow congrats and I am soooooooo jealous! We are using the intercourse
timer on fertility friend to try for a girl this time.

Andrea mom of 4 boys and 1 girl.

Old May 25th 04, 01:33 PM
Sophie

Dh asked him if he had any girl names in mind and while hemming and hawing
the tech asked ds if he had any friends at school that he liked. Of course
he immediately piped up with Emma (his favorite girl at school) and we
actually like it. It's going on the short list. Grace was dh's grandmother
so that would be the middle name. Emma Grace. Short list though, we need

come up with others, of course.

Very pretty. Yay!

One issue came up though. She has a somewhat large choroid plexus cyst and

much smaller one on the other side.

What's that?

Congrats on the girl. I think I said another boy for you, didn't I?

Old May 25th 04, 02:10 PM
Unadulterated Me

JennP wrote:

It's a girl!!!!! *Very* clearly a girl!

How exciting, congrats. I have a Grace, I think it's a lovely choice of
name :-)

Andrea
Old May 25th 04, 02:34 PM
Mary W.

JennP wrote:

It's a girl!!!!! *Very* clearly a girl!

We were pretty surprised actually, but we are thrilled. Matthew was
surprisingly thrilled. In the week since we told him I was pregnant he kept
referring to the baby as he and would only talk about boy names. When the
u/s tech told us it's a girl his face just lit up. I think just knowing it
was *something* made it real for him.

Dh asked him if he had any girl names in mind and while hemming and hawing
the tech asked ds if he had any friends at school that he liked. Of course
he immediately piped up with Emma (his favorite girl at school) and we
actually like it. It's going on the short list. Grace was dh's grandmother
so that would be the middle name. Emma Grace. Short list though, we need to
come up with others, of course.

Congratulations! Our DD (3 years) is Emma (Katherine). Be warned - it is
extremely popular right now, seems like we are constantly running into little
girls named Emma.

Even if I had realized that when we named her, we still would have chosen
it, its a lovely name. And Emma Grace is very pretty.

Mary