Charting BBT - Highs and Lows

Old June 1st 04, 07:54 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Charting BBT - Highs and Lows

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:26:19 +0000, Jenrose wrote:

lol! But the mad scientist in me *likes* peeing on sticks.... (or peeing in
cups rather, as I'm always worried I'll pee to long or not long
enough...lol!)

LOL!!! Same here...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old June 1st 04, 08:56 PM
Shannon

Does it really affect things that much if you pee on the stick too
long? Do the lines just get too diluted if you do?

Shannon

On 2004-06-01 14:54:36 -0400, Ilse Witch said:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:26:19 +0000, Jenrose wrote:

lol! But the mad scientist in me *likes* peeing on sticks.... (or peeing in
cups rather, as I'm always worried I'll pee to long or not long
enough...lol!)

LOL!!! Same here...

--
Shannon

Please remove -NO SPAM from email address to email me personally.

Old June 1st 04, 09:36 PM
Elitsirk

Shannon wrote in message news:2004053113031616807%shannonNOSPAM@sdf1net.. .
I was just curious from those of you who chart, what is a typical high
temp and a typical low. I'm reading the book 'Taking Charge of Your
Fertility' and it looks like 97 is the low and 99 is the high.

Mostly I'm just trying to get an understanding of the variation that
would occur. Also, I'm on CD 39 and starting last night I started a
slight dark brown bleeding. My temperature is only 97.5, which seems
low for both luteal phase and for pregnancy. I'm thinking it is
possible that I may have not ovulated at all this month. I really wish
I had started charting earlier.

Shannon

When I was charting, my low was between 96.9-97.2 normally, and my
highs were between 97.8-98.2. I don't think I ever saw a temp as high
as 99, even after I was pg. My lowest was probably 96.6 or so. A
97.5 could fall into either LP or pre-O temp range depending on the
time I took my temperature, and the temps immediately around it.
Remember that you need to be looking for a *pattern* of temperatures,
and not any one specific number to tell you if you've O or if you're
pg. You can have spikes and dips that don't really mean anything.

If you think you haven't ovulated yet, just keep charting--eventually
your temp will go up and stay there for a while when you hit your LP.
Also, though it sounds like you know this, cd1 is the first day of
bright red flow, and not the brown stuff. Once I figured that out, my
O day started looking a lot more predictable, since I tended to spot
for a day or sometimes 2 before AF really kicked in.

Good luck

--Elit.
#1 due 9/20/2004
Old June 1st 04, 10:04 PM
Ilse Witch

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:56:51 -0400, Shannon wrote:

Does it really affect things that much if you pee on the stick too
long? Do the lines just get too diluted if you do?

Too short is definitely a problem, since you need enough urine to saturate
the test. If you watch closely, you will see it moving up the stick and
reach the testline, then slowly move further where it hits another
invisible line which will colour if hCG is present. If there isn't enough
urine on the stick, it will not colour even if you're pregnant since not
enough reaches the test line.

Because of the nature of the test, too much urine should not be a problem,
the stick can only absorb until it's saturated. You do need to watch out
for dripping onto the test window, but most tests to date are covered so
that isn't a problem anymore.

Old June 1st 04, 10:08 PM
Sophie

"Shannon" wrote in message
Does it really affect things that much if you pee on the stick too
long? Do the lines just get too diluted if you do?

Shannon

Honestly I pee in a cup then hold the stick in the pee for however many
seconds the test says to. Easy peasy, and much neater