Infant swimwear

Old June 2nd 04, 09:30 PM
ChitaShines

Default Infant swimwear

We have a 2 month old that we'd like to take into the pool (just to slowly
get her used to water). I went to Target today to get her those Swimmers
diapers and they don't make them for infants as small as her. I also looked
all around in the baby section and couldn't find a bathing suit or
"waterproof" diaper.

Any suggestions on what we should put on her bottom so her "business"
doesn't end up in the pool?

Old June 2nd 04, 10:14 PM
Donna

"ChitaShines" wrote in message
m...
We have a 2 month old that we'd like to take into the pool (just to slowly
get her used to water). I went to Target today to get her those Swimmers
diapers and they don't make them for infants as small as her.

How little is your daughter? IIRC, the small size swimmeez (swim diapers)
start at about 10 pounds. That should work, unless your baby is *really*
tiny.

I also looked
all around in the baby section and couldn't find a bathing suit or
"waterproof" diaper.

Any suggestions on what we should put on her bottom so her "business"
doesn't end up in the pool?

You can order washable swim diapers from the Right Start catalog (they're
also online, but I don't have a link onhand.)

HTH

Donna

Old June 2nd 04, 10:43 PM
Sophie

"ChitaShines" wrote in message
m...
We have a 2 month old that we'd like to take into the pool (just to slowly
get her used to water). I went to Target today to get her those Swimmers
diapers and they don't make them for infants as small as her. I also

looked
all around in the baby section and couldn't find a bathing suit or
"waterproof" diaper.

Any suggestions on what we should put on her bottom so her "business"
doesn't end up in the pool?

Did you only look at one brand? I'd be surprised if you can't find ones
small enough. We were in Cuba, with very limited choices, and we found
small enough ones for our daughter to go in the pool just about from the
get-go.

Old June 3rd 04, 12:12 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Donna wrote:

You can order washable swim diapers from the Right Start catalog (they're
also online, but I don't have a link onhand.)

They're out of business. However, One Step Ahead does
have washable swim diapers (http://www.onestepahead.com). Thanks
for posting this, though--it made me go look and I found the
bank I was looking for!

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old June 3rd 04, 12:38 AM
Jamie Clark

How big is she? I'd try the smallest Swimmer diapers. You can always put a
t-shirt or onesie on over it. At our shower for Taylor, someone got her a
bathing suit -- it was sized 18 months, but looked very small. Taylor was
able to wear it last summer, when she was 6 months old, and again this
summer, at 17 months old. Lycra is a good thing...

I know on the internet you can find some fabric swim pants, that look like
diaper covers, that can go over a bare bottom, and keep poop in.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old June 3rd 04, 12:43 AM
Jamie Clark

These look good -- do you wear these without a diaper underneath? Do you
have the baby (girl, in this case) wear a t-shirt or just go topless? Just
curious. I don't really have a problem with topless at this age, but just
curious what other people have done.

Old June 3rd 04, 12:58 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Jamie Clark wrote:

These look good -- do you wear these without a diaper underneath? Do you
have the baby (girl, in this case) wear a t-shirt or just go topless? Just
curious. I don't really have a problem with topless at this age, but just
curious what other people have done.

T-shirts are never a good idea when swimming. They make your body work
harder to stay warm.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Old June 3rd 04, 01:00 AM
Karen Ray-Stewart

I would wear a diaper under those, as they are washable and not disposable.
We have little swimmers in Canada that you take off when they get out of the
pool and toss in the garbage. You can get her a swimming suit. I would
definatly wear something over them, nothing to do with going topless at her
age, for me it is more to do with the ultraviolet rays from the sun, I
wouldn't want her to get burned. (I know you have likely thought of suntan
lotion, but it is still very hot and you don't want her to get a burn.)
Karen

Old June 3rd 04, 01:14 AM
Donna

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
hlink.net...
These look good -- do you wear these without a diaper underneath? Do you
have the baby (girl, in this case) wear a t-shirt or just go topless?

Just
curious. I don't really have a problem with topless at this age, but just
curious what other people have done.

I put Sarah in a swim diaper and then a swimsuit. Partially for the
coverage (I'm melanoma-phobic grin) and partially because baby swimsuits
are so damn cute.

Donna (amazed that Right Start is out of business)

Old June 3rd 04, 02:52 AM
Jamie Clark

Donna,
So, do you use a Little Swimmers disposable swim diaper then a swimsuit
(which is what we've been doing), or do you use a fabric washable swim
diaper (with nothing underneath) and then a swimsuit? I'm just curious.