case response

Old July 14th 03, 04:47 PM
Freedom

Default case response

Find father's rights support groups in
your area and fight, go to higher courts, and fight until you have no air
left. I've left some internet places for you to search:

www.NcFc.Net

www.MillionDadsMarch.Org

www.merg.net

"John" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I was served with a petition to establish paternity and child
support in Oregon, and after finding that I can't afford a lawyer to
defend me, I'm wondering if anyone has info on writing the "response"
I need to file to avoid default. I found out and bought the form to
use (form 501), just need to know what to put on it. An online
resource would be great too if you know of any. Responses *greatly*
appreciated. John

Old July 14th 03, 08:48 PM
dani

John wrote:
Hi, I was served with a petition to establish paternity and child
support in Oregon, and after finding that I can't afford a lawyer to
defend me, I'm wondering if anyone has info on writing the "response"
I need to file to avoid default. I found out and bought the form to
use (form 501), just need to know what to put on it. An online
resource would be great too if you know of any. Responses *greatly*
appreciated. John

Hi John,

I'm from California. But Oregon should be similar. Go to your local
court. They should have someone who can help who fill out the forms at
little or no charge. You should also be able to get help from father's
rights organizations, as mentioned in Freedom's prior post.

Here are a couple of sites fyi.

http://www.ancpr.org/

http://www.kidsneeddads.org/KNDmain.html

If the child is not yours, than this hearing will probably be one of the
most important events of your life. Do not miss it. Make sure you
demand a DNA test and file your response on time. It doesn't need to be
long, just to the point.

OTOH, if you are the father. Congratulations and condolences all at the
same time. You still need to file, but you probably want to be a part
of your childs life. Make sure you respond and include that in your
response. Make sure you ask for 50/50. Do not settle for less. Most
father's are just as capable as mother's in raising children if not more
so. Do not get suckered into paying outrageous child support based on
the mistake that it would be easier to be a part time Dad. Make room for
your child in your life and you will be rewarded in more ways than one.

Good Luck,

~Dani

Old July 15th 03, 03:04 AM
Chris

"dani" wrote in message
link.net...
John wrote:
[...]

Not to rain on your parade, but an unfavorable DNA test result will work
against him.

Old July 15th 03, 07:34 AM
dani

Chris wrote:
"dani" wrote in message
link.net...

John wrote:

[...]

He was asking for suggestions Chris, and I tried to supply an answer. No
parade intended! BTW, here in CA., if one who cannot afford a
lawyer in a paternity action can get one appointed if they cannot afford
one. It might be something to check out.

You know as well as I do, that after the fact, men are along for the
ride. There is no choice here except to do damage control and you can
only do so much in that regard if you are the father. Better deal with
it either way and if you are the father, than do it right. I know, I'm
living that dream right now. Maybe not the same circumstances, exactly.
But, the same bull**** in the Courts bieng a divorced father of two.

BTW, what constructive input do you have to add besides raining on my
parade?

Old July 15th 03, 06:00 PM
Chris

"dani" wrote in message
link.net...
Chris wrote:
"dani" wrote in message
link.net...

John wrote:

[...]

I thought I was being constructive by adding a word of caution.