whats hard about it.

Old July 13th 03, 11:39 PM

Default whats hard about it.

"Betsy" wrote in message
news
In ,
Steve typed:
"Dennis Here"

Not a troll...........just very happy to be a single
parent............and generally peeved off with bleeting single
parents......give us all a bad name..........still I find that in
terms of "getting the key in the ignition" women tend to find
custodial single dads attractive although I'm not sure
why......maybe some women could tell me (not dolores though as she
has issues and does not seem to be very
nice)...................anyway Jog on, get over it, build a bridge,
remember that misery loves a friend (like Dolores and be happy to
be a single parent, just count the CS money that all you yanks get
and smile

Steve.........

CS?? Someone want to tell me what that is? Oh wait...I think I heard of
the concept once...like...maybe 11 years ago. Never saw much of it. I
manage just fine on one income. I don't complain...often. If I do

complain
about something for which there is no reason, or something which I can not
control, I count on good people to tell me to stop. These folks here,
usually tell me..."you can't change it, get over it." Sometimes nicely,
sometimes not so nicely. As for the single fathers being attractive

issue,
I find MEN attractive. If they happen to be single fathers, so be it. I
admire ALL men who stand up and take responsibility for raising their
children. Whether custodial or non-custodial. Same for the women who do
the same.

I shall step off the soap box before I start ranting. Not a pretty sight,
that.

Who cares if you are pretty???

Speaking your mind is a must. nevermind being pretty.

Old July 13th 03, 11:46 PM
Tiffany

wrote in message news:vblQa.54181$Ph3.5201@sccrnsc04...

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Rachel Richard wrote in message
You are right, most of us don't get any kind of CS but you go on and
deal with it. God help us all with men like this, that is why most
single mothers stay that way---
SINGLE---you don't have to put up with the bull****.

Keep looking up and smile, Someone up there loves us!!!!

Rachel, I will honestly tell you that I know some women who don't pay
support or help with their kids. We try to not bash any sex in this
newsgroup. Thanks.

Tiffany

Tiffany,

Are those women able to pay but refuse or unable to pay?

Some pay when they can, some just up and leave their kids behind. I have
been meeting a few single dads around here and its really amazing to get
another perspective. Regardless of the sex of the parent, one should NOT
leave the kids.

Old July 13th 03, 11:55 PM
Joelle

Are those women able to pay but refuse or unable to pay?

Do you ask the same question of men?

Joelle
Old July 14th 03, 12:06 AM
Joelle

Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two years, love
every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or anything else, its
great i wouldnt change a thing.

Of course your daughter has no mother and you fixed it so she wouldn't and the
fact that you don't think that's a problem IS a problem.

well apart from the lack of CS I get
from her dead beat no good mother..........

You picked her hun, guess that's what happens when you will shag anything.

Joelle
Old July 14th 03, 12:18 AM
dolores

"Joelle" wrote in message
Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two years,

love
every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or anything else, its
great i wouldnt change a thing.

Of course your daughter has no mother and you fixed it so she wouldn't and

the
fact that you don't think that's a problem IS a problem.

Yeah!.. I think this is really sad too. I really think social services
should be authorised to deal with parents with this Steve. He just doesnt
get it. He might think it's a ball, but I really feel sorry for his
daughter. And I've also noticed that he has not once mentioned anything to
do with his daughter...not a single iota....sounds like he's too busy
listening to the sound of his own voice.

Hmmm....I reckon social services *will* get her eventually, down an alley,
with a skin full of drugs....

He'll probably blame society, the government, his ex.......anybody but
himself, cos how could it be his fault...He wasn't there, he was off getting
laid....

Dolores

Old July 14th 03, 08:59 AM
Paul Griffiths

wrote in message news:QclQa.54583$H17.17307@sccrnsc02...
"Betsy" wrote in message
news

I shall step off the soap box before I start ranting. Not a pretty

sight,
that.

Who cares if you are pretty???

Speaking your mind is a must. nevermind being pretty.

Amen to that one. :-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Old July 14th 03, 09:01 AM
Paul Griffiths

"dolores" wrote in message
"Joelle" wrote in message

[...]

I think I'm in love. :-))

--
Paul Griffiths

Old July 14th 03, 10:01 AM

"Tiffany" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. Even if you can't pay child support
you should at least make the effort to parent your child, unless you are so
messed up that your kids really are better off without you around, even if
it is just temporary.

Old July 14th 03, 10:03 AM

"Joelle" wrote in message
Are those women able to pay but refuse or unable to pay?

Do you ask the same question of men?

Joelle

I knew that was coming and I thought about asking Rachel that but I've tired
of asking it and hearing the answers and discussing it ad nauseum. Why men
don't pay child support has been researched extensively, why women don't pay
hasn't been talked about as much because it's not so common. And I was just
curious about Tiffany's particular experience, not in general.

Old July 15th 03, 12:26 AM
Rachel Richard

You are right but unfortunately they do. I am not a MAN-HATER and not
trying to ditch any sex, the single comment can come from both sides. I
have a friend who is a single father and as far as he is concerned a
female partner in his life is the last thing he needs or wants. Friends
are ok but that's it. That is how I feel most of the time, I hate my son
growing up without a father but I don't want him having to see what he
did before, the fighting and bickering. I grew up with it with my
grandparents next to us, I know how it effects you as a child. I don't
support any parent leaving there child but some feel they need to. Why
is for them to know and live with. My son still asks where his dad is,
all I can say is he had to work a long ways away. And not getting CS
goes both ways. My friend doesn't get any from her, he makes it just
like to rest of us. Sorry to cause a problem with the wording before.
Rachel

Keep looking up and smile, Someone up there loves us!!!!