Is standing in the corner forbidden now?

Old November 29th 04, 06:16 PM
Graham

"Byron Canfield" wrote in message news:6Kepd.563089$mD.460442@attbi_s02...

And again,

Yeah, I noticed. Running a little low there?

I give thanks, this Thanksgiving weekend, that people of your ilk
are few and powerless to do anything but flap your lips.

I guess you think there's a point in here somewhere...

It's Christmas time in the city!!! What are your Christmas plans,
other than popping your zits?

--
Graham (lefties are sooooo fun!)
Old November 29th 04, 07:47 PM
Graham

"Byron Canfield" wrote in message news:S2tqd.103742$V41.68419@attbi_s52...

And I give thanks, this Thanksgiving weekend,

You mean, you celebrate Thanksgiving?

---------------------

George Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation:

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of
Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and
humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of
Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to
the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and
prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many
and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an
opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their
safety and happiness:"

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of
November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the
service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author
of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then
all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His
kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to
their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the
favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and
conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility,
union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and
rational manner in which we have been enable to establish
constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and
particularly the national one now lately instituted' for the civil and
religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of
acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the
great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers
and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech
Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all,
whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and
relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National
Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a
Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and
faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns
and nations (especially such as have show kindness to us), and to
bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the
knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase
of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind
such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d dy of October,
A.D. 1789.

(signed) G. Washington
-----------------------------

--
Graham
Old November 29th 04, 09:57 PM
Gray Shockley

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:44:42 -0600, Dave Thompson wrote:

It all depends on whether you are taking a liberal, or inclusive view, or a
conservative view where some are lableled cults or "bad Christians".

Do you consider Mormons "Christians"? They do. How about Unitarians,

Em,m,m - son and dil are Unitarians but are not in the least Christian and
would consider being labelled a "Christian" would be like being labelled a
Klansman (or are they "Klanpersons" now?).

or
non-practicing Christians? If you consider all these to be Christian, then
how liberal of you!

BTW, every survey on religion says that for the last 30 years Christianity
has stayed static and Islam will surpass it in about 50 years. Non believers
and non practitioners will also get close by that time.

I heard an interview with a young woman in Mexico who had converted from
Roman to Islam. She gave as one of the main reasons she converted that the
idea of monotheism appealed to her.

Gray Shockley
Pain is evitable but suffering is optional.

Old November 29th 04, 10:12 PM
Gray Shockley

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:00:52 -0600, Circe wrote
(in message Ho8pd.141588$bk1.11182@fed1read05):

Cary Kittrell wrote:
Since, as we can clearly see from your .sig, you are one of those
wrong-headed anti-American NPR listeners, and likely French to boot:

LOL!

did you hear that Prairie Home Companion skit in which Garrison
is trying to help the little girl locate her missing parents --
and it turns out that the Rapture has come and gone, and only
the Unitarians were taken?

Yes. It was a scream.

Personally, I keep hoping that the fundamentalists are right and Bush gets
taken in the Rapture, but I doubt we'll be that lucky...
--

You misspelled "Raptor". Hope this helps. ++ Gray /or not/

Be well, Barbara

Tolerance, equality, and personal liberty *are* moral values!

Old November 30th 04, 04:27 PM
Byron Canfield

"Graham" wrote in message
m...
"Byron Canfield" wrote in message

And I give thanks, this Thanksgiving weekend,

You mean, you celebrate Thanksgiving?

And now that Thanksgiving weekend (a secular holiday, for many, as if you
didn't know) has passed, I just generally thanks that people of your ilk are
few and powerless to do anything but flap your lips.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old November 30th 04, 04:27 PM
Byron Canfield

"Graham" wrote in message
om...
"Byron Canfield" wrote in message

And again,

Yeah, I noticed. Running a little low there?

It's all you deserve -- repetition.

Old November 30th 04, 08:01 PM
Graham

"Byron Canfield" wrote

And now that Thanksgiving weekend (a secular holiday, for many, as if you
didn't know) has passed,

LOL! What a dumbass! I see you snipped George Washington's
Proclamation of Thanksgiving. Just who do you think is being THANKED
during Thanksgiving? It's a time of prayer and thanks for blessings
received during the year! You're better than a trip to the local
nuthouse!!

I just generally thanks that people of your ilk are
few and powerless to do anything but flap your lips.

(That's what? The 5th time? Still wondering, for my own
amusement, what you think my "ilk" is.)

Repeat it twenty more times; you might actually convince
yourself of whatever it is you're trying to say. BTW, I apparently
DID have the power to reduce you, even more, to a babbling eggplant.
Another leftist destroyed by Graham! This is TOO easy!

--
Graham (It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!)

Old December 1st 04, 03:56 PM
Byron Canfield

"Graham" wrote in message
om...
"Byron Canfield" wrote

And now that Thanksgiving weekend (a secular holiday, for many, as if you
didn't know) has passed,

LOL! What a dumbass! I see you snipped George Washington's
Proclamation of Thanksgiving. Just who do you think is being THANKED
during Thanksgiving? It's a time of prayer and thanks for blessings
received during the year! You're better than a trip to the local
nuthouse!!

I just generally thanks that people of your ilk are
few and powerless to do anything but flap your lips.

(That's what? The 5th time? Still wondering, for my own
amusement, what you think my "ilk" is.)

Repeat it twenty more times; you might actually convince
yourself of whatever it is you're trying to say. BTW, I apparently
DID have the power to reduce you, even more, to a babbling eggplant.
Another leftist destroyed by Graham! This is TOO easy!

Gee -- I feel so destroyed.