kfc, drawing, tattoo's and kids.

Old December 18th 03, 12:00 AM
Hillary Israeli

Default kfc, drawing, tattoo's and kids.

In ,
iphigenia wrote:

*Bruce and Jeanne wrote:
*
* And sometimes the questions are just hard to answer or even to
* understand. The latest one she's asking people is "Why wasn't Mary
* known?"
*
*The context on that took me a minute to place, heh.
*Does she have any notion of what the Biblical euphemism really means?
*Maybe just "because she hadn't gotten married yet."
*
*General question: are Jewish women niddah while pregnant?

Short answer: as long as no bleeding occurs during the pregnancy, no - not
until after childbirth.

Medium answer: if you bleed during pregnancy, you are niddah.

A pretty long answer covering times of separation in the first trimester
and stuff like that is available he
http://www.yoatzot.org/question/317

Old December 18th 03, 01:53 AM
JennP

"dejablues" wrote in message
What's wrong about getting a tattoo??? You can't get one anyway til you're
18 (well, I guess you could get a "jailhouse tattoo" with pen ink and a
razor before , if you did it yourself!) If a kid wants to get one after
they're 18, it's really none of the parents concern!

Most people with tattoos are happy to talk about them.

Well, since you quoted me last, I just want to clear up that I didn't think
there was anything wrong with it and I stated that I didn't think the OP's
reaction was the best one. I think it's just a case of misquoting, however.
Carry on.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old December 18th 03, 02:17 AM
dejablues

I know, and I apologize. I didn't mean to misquote you. I just got the
general idea that this thread was anti-tattoo.
(I don't have one myself, but we know enough people that do have them so
it's not considered weird or on the fringe.)

Old December 18th 03, 02:26 AM
dejablues

I get the impression that tattoos make you uncomfortable. They have long
since moved from the convict-biker-trailer trash element into somewhat more
of the mainstream. Some facts: You *can't* be drunk when you get a tattoo
(professional tattoo artists will not work on intoxicated people), you
*can't* get one when you are underage, even if a parent is with you, and did
the guy look of an age to have participated in any recent wars? I see you're
in AU, but did you know that Maori tattoos are becoming all the rage here?

Your daughter will soon be asking about things much more skeevy and out of
your comfort zone than the tattooed stranger in front of you! Get ready!

"Nic" nlmiles@optushomedotcomdotaunospam wrote in message
u...

"Sophie"

I'm always embarrassed by DD's questions and she had lots of them.

But
what I've discovered is that most people are not embarrassed by DD, in
fact, they like a curious child (if she keeps the questions to a
minimum). Mostly, I've asked DD to ask the person her question. So,

in
your case, she would approach the guy and ask *HIM* tatto questions.

Jeanne

Okay 2 of you have said this now. Why on earth would your curious

child's
questions embarrass you??

For me not so much of embarrass me but more of the other person cause my
daughter noticed something that is not normal, but I sometimes wonder if

should be answering with something else rather than saying what I would
say.. Or I wonder if that person (person with tattoo's or whatever) has
other children do it to them also. I can say the way the guy grinned, I
almost felt he enjoyed hearing my pathetic reply to dd. It seemed to me
that maybe this has happened before or maybe all the time Or maybe he has
kids whom don't understand either.

I sometimes hate having to explain to dd why someone else has done

something
when I don't know them. (for all I know the tattoo' guy might have been
drunk or at war or his mum did let him or whatever) But I do like that
reply of asking the person himself! I might try it next time to see what

dd
says.

Nic

3 1/2 yo girl
11 mo boy

Old December 18th 03, 03:59 AM
JennP

"dejablues" wrote in message
I know, and I apologize. I didn't mean to misquote you. I just got the
general idea that this thread was anti-tattoo.
(I don't have one myself, but we know enough people that do have them so
it's not considered weird or on the fringe.)

No prob. I figured it was a mistake, but just wanted to clarify. I don't
have any tattoos either, fwiw. I'm just a wimp.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old December 18th 03, 05:07 AM
chiam margalit

"user" wrote in message . com...
FWIW, why don't you let her draw on herself, or try washable kids tatoos?
All of my kids have tried it at one time or another. It's fun, and it washes
off, so what's the big deal?

Apparently your child has not yet used many colored permanent sharpies
to draw all over her arms and legs right before she has to attend a
formal event. Once this has happened to you, you'll know what the big
deal is.

Marjorie
Old December 18th 03, 05:13 AM
dejablues

Me too. Hubby gave me a gift cert for one (we have a friend that works at a
tattoo shop) as a birthday gift a couple of years ago but I bagged out
because of the pain. They say childbirth is more painful but I don't know!

"JennP" wrote in message
newsC9Eb.139413$_M.706505@attbi_s54...

Old December 18th 03, 05:47 AM
dragonlady

In article ,
"dejablues" wrote:

I get the impression that tattoos make you uncomfortable. They have long
since moved from the convict-biker-trailer trash element into somewhat more
of the mainstream. Some facts: You *can't* be drunk when you get a tattoo
(professional tattoo artists will not work on intoxicated people), you
*can't* get one when you are underage, even if a parent is with you, and did
the guy look of an age to have participated in any recent wars? I see you're
in AU, but did you know that Maori tattoos are becoming all the rage here?

I am under the impression that most of this is governed by state law,
not federal, so there may be differences from state to state on what is
and is not allowed.

meh