miscarriage

Old February 4th 06, 06:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default miscarriage

HI,

My wife has been having cramps and bleeding for three days now. The OB has
come to the conclusion that miscarriage is probable. My aife is just over 6
weeks. When she had the exam the DR. said that the cervix was still closed.
We know that she has an ovarian cyst and some clotting was found around the
sac. I am concerned with the length of cramps and the prolonged bleeding. We
have both resigned ourselves that she will lose the baby. Can I get some
feedback on if this is the norm for a miscarriage. Is there a possibility
that the baby will survive? My wife is letting nature takes its course and
hoping for a miracle here.

Thanks for any information.

Old February 4th 06, 07:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Hi Johnson

I am sorry to here you and your wife is going through this at the moment, I
am not going to say that yes you are defently having a M/C or you have a
good chance of surviving the threatened M/C but hopefully I can be of some
hope. When I was pregnant at 9 weeks I had a very heavy bleed which included
loosing large clots and also had strong crampy feelings, I was admitted to
hospital for a night and honestly thought I was M/C the pregnancy, I had the
scan the next day and was shocked to see that baby was still sitting there
as healthy as anything but was still very worried that I was going to M/C, I
was allowed home that day and continued to spot until about 15 weeks of the
pregnancy but still took it very easy after the spotting stopped and then on
the 25th Jan 2006 my healthy little girl arrived safely and healthy so I am
just saying this to give you some hope. I will pray for you and your wife
but for now tuck your wife up in bed or on the sofa in front of the TV and
do EVERYTHING for her to try and strengthen things. I wish you all the
best!!!!!!!

Old February 5th 06, 10:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Johnson wrote:
HI,

My wife has been having cramps and bleeding for three days now. The OB has
come to the conclusion that miscarriage is probable. My aife is just over 6
weeks. When she had the exam the DR. said that the cervix was still closed.
We know that she has an ovarian cyst and some clotting was found around the
sac. I am concerned with the length of cramps and the prolonged bleeding. We
have both resigned ourselves that she will lose the baby. Can I get some
feedback on if this is the norm for a miscarriage. Is there a possibility
that the baby will survive? My wife is letting nature takes its course and
hoping for a miracle here.

Thanks for any information.

The cramps and bleeding are the norm for a miscarriage, unfortunately.
However, many women have experienced similar symptoms and not lost the
baby -- the bleeding could just be that clot clearing up and some
cramping is normal. Only time will tell, unfortunately. You could
perhaps ask your OB for a beta hcg -- two blood tests a couple of days
apart could provide some information about the situation. An ultrasound
may or may not reveal anything since it is a bit early.

Good luck to you and your wife, take care.
Elle

Old February 5th 06, 10:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

The cramps and bleeding are the norm for a miscarriage, unfortunately.
However, many women have experienced similar symptoms and not lost the
baby -- the bleeding could just be that clot clearing up and some
cramping is normal. Only time will tell, unfortunately. You could
perhaps ask your OB for a beta hcg -- two blood tests a couple of days
apart could provide some information about the situation. An ultrasound
may or may not reveal anything since it is a bit early.

Good luck to you and your wife, take care.
Elle

I had an email from Johnson today which said they had lost the baby,

Old February 6th 06, 12:20 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

She started to pass tissue yesterday. We now that this is the sign of a
miscarriage.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. Maybe we will be back.

"Elle" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old February 6th 06, 12:26 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I would'nt take this as a 100% M/C sign because like I said in my previous
email when I was 9 wks pregnant with Joanna I had a heavy bleed and I mean
heavy like having to change my pad every I dunno 15 minutes/half hour and I
was passing BIG clots and at one stage asked my midwife if the clot thing
was my unborn child as it was that big and scary looking, Joanna survived
and months later she was born abslolulty georgous and healthy with
everything in place. I am not saying you havnt M/C but I am saying there is
hope so don't class it as a M/C until your doctor or scan has confirmed it.
Pray because that worked for me!!!!!!!!!

"John Smith Jones" wrote in message
She started to pass tissue yesterday. We now that this is the sign of a
miscarriage.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. Maybe we will be back.

"Elle" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old February 6th 06, 06:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

How long did the cramping and bleeding continue?

"April & Joanna" wrote in message
I would'nt take this as a 100% M/C sign because like I said in my previous
email when I was 9 wks pregnant with Joanna I had a heavy bleed and I mean
heavy like having to change my pad every I dunno 15 minutes/half hour and I
was passing BIG clots and at one stage asked my midwife if the clot thing
was my unborn child as it was that big and scary looking, Joanna survived
and months later she was born abslolulty georgous and healthy with
everything in place. I am not saying you havnt M/C but I am saying there is
hope so don't class it as a M/C until your doctor or scan has confirmed it.
Pray because that worked for me!!!!!!!!!

"John Smith Jones" wrote in message
She started to pass tissue yesterday. We now that this is the sign of a
miscarriage.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. Maybe we will be back.

"Elle" wrote in message
ups.com...
Johnson wrote:
[...]

Drinking by Men or Women Affects Miscarriage Risk Roman Bystrianyk Pregnancy 1 October 19th 04 05:29 AM
Periods after miscarriage and funny sensations Nessie Pregnancy 9 July 2nd 04 04:21 AM
Miscarriage Jennifer Pregnancy 21 February 11th 04 05:02 AM
miscarriage rate by week of pregnancy info needed V Pregnancy 5 July 17th 03 06:31 PM