Stepdaughter Allergic to Everything

Old May 8th 05, 11:41 PM
Brad_Chad

Mark, when are you going to get off your lazy behind and research
anything? There are UNIVERSITIES in the USA dedicated to naturopathic
medicine. Many (probably most) health insurance companies will
reimburse the cost of naturopathic care. Naturopathic doctors study the
clinical sciences just like conventional doctors. They can be licensed
by the state. Why not ask the naturopathic doctor to show you their
license?

They go through 4 years of graduate school after premed school. Get a
clue, fool. Conventional medicine tries to stop health insurance
companies from dealing with naturopathic medicine because they do not
want the competition. Many conventional doctors will secretly go to
naturopathic doctors when they can't solve their own health problems.

Old May 9th 05, 02:31 PM
Mark Probert

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
ups.com...
Have you seen a naturopathic doctor? Naturopathic doctors get just

as
much education as conventional doctors, but they can solve many
problems a conventional doctor can't.

Naturopathic doctors should be licensed by the state, and they

should
actually be required to attend school. Some get their "degrees" from

schools
that advertise on match book covers.

Further, the claim that they get as much education as a REAL doctor

is
specious. What they are taught is useless.

"Naturopathic doctor" is the politically correct term for "witch

doctor."

Too broad a generalization.

Nope. I was being way to kind. I could have called them fakirs, frauds

and
fools. The entire idea is, AFAIAC, fraud.

Gotta try one or two and see what they have to offer.

I do not have to try jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge to know that it

is
not a good idea. Likewise, after observing the harm done by these witch
doctors, I do not have to go to them to know they are useless.

We all know there are plenty of ****ty, indifferent MDs out there.

So what? At least their training has a basis in reality.

Clearly,.......................................... yours does not.

Wrong. AFAIAC, naturopathy is just another form of hocus-pocus medicine.

Old May 9th 05, 02:37 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mark, when are you going to get off your lazy behind and research
anything? There are UNIVERSITIES in the USA dedicated to naturopathic
medicine.

If you wish to use a fallacious argument, then note that there are more
universities dedicated to real medicine than this brand of hocus pocus
medicine.

As for your other comment, what makes you "think" that I have not researched
it? The fact that I do not agree with your faulty conclusions is not a
sufficient basis, using logic, to conclude that I have not researched it.

Many (probably most) health insurance companies will
reimburse the cost of naturopathic care.

Another reason why health insurance costs are so high. Paying for useless
treatment that does not do anything.

Naturopathic doctors study the
clinical sciences just like conventional doctors. They can be licensed
by the state. Why not ask the naturopathic doctor to show you their
license?

Some can show the matchbook cover where they applied for their degree.

They go through 4 years of graduate school after premed school. Get a
clue, fool.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHH....name calling.....

Conventional medicine tries to stop health insurance
companies from dealing with naturopathic medicine because they do not
want the competition.

I see conventional medicine trying to stop naturopathic medicine since
cleaning up the mess left behind by some naturopaths is far harder than
treating the condition correctly in the first place. I was in the hospital
recently and shared a room with a fellow who is a diabetic and sought
treatment from a naturopath. He nearly lost his legs.

Many conventional doctors will secretly go to
naturopathic doctors when they can't solve their own health problems.

If they go in secret, how do you know this? Another of your unsubstantiable
claims.

Old May 9th 05, 06:20 PM
Blues Ma

Mark Probert wrote:

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
[...]

I don't argue with idiots.
*
*

Old May 9th 05, 08:00 PM
Jeff

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
ups.com...
Have you seen a naturopathic doctor? Naturopathic doctors get just as
much education as conventional doctors, but they can solve many
problems a conventional doctor can't.

Natuiropathic medicine has not been shown to be effective at anything (other
than taking money from patient's pockets).

http://www.naturowatch.org/

There is a good book called "Voodoo Medicine" by Robert Parks that I
recommend you read.

Jeff

Old May 9th 05, 08:07 PM
Jeff

wrote in message
.. .
Let me begin by telling you that I am not an allergy sufferer; however,
I have a new stepdaughter who has terrible allergies to what appears to
be everything under the sun. Her father, my husband, has custody over
the girl and her brother for a two-week long period during the spring.
Naturally, he wants his children to come to our house, which includes as
its residents a Persian feline (who will be vacationing at my friend's
home for the length of the girl's stay) and an admittedly untidy woman.
Of course, I plan on cleaning top to bottom before the girl arrives. It
may take some time, as the cat has lived here a while and has laid claim
to all available surfaces as her personal shedding grounds. I'll also
stock the kitchen with enough ice cream and Benadryl to keep my
stepdaughter content for her next fifty visits. Any other advice for
temporarily allergy-proofing my home?

Have you talked the child's mother about what treatment she thinks might be
helpful as well as the girl's experience with cats? It may very well be that
the girl has had major problems with cats in the past. perhaps taking some
non-drowsy nonprescription anti-histamines will take care of the problem. Or
perhaps, she is around cats all the time without any problems.

I would suggest talking to the mother about the meds that the girl is
taking, any emergency procedures that are needed (e.g., having an Epipen on
hand) as well as info about the girl's doctor, so that you can contact her
in case she is experiencing problems as well as her experience with cats.

BTW, I do realize that you may have done all of these things already.
However, even if you have, I think these are helpful reminders for other
families in a similar situation.

Jeff

Old May 9th 05, 11:18 PM
Mark Probert

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the heads up. I won't bother dealing with you.

Old May 9th 05, 11:21 PM
Mark Probert

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
[...]

I assume you do not have any mirrors.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...hy/misrep.html

Old May 10th 05, 06:26 AM
Brad_Chad

There is this place called fantasy land. In fantasy land conventional
doctors never make medical mistakes. In Mark's world, health insurance
companies keep paying naturopathic doctors keep even though they do NO
good. Why don't these consumer fraud news reporters ever report this?
Did you ever try asking a naturopathic doctor for references from their
patients, Mark?

Speaking of name calling, I seem to recall somebody calling
naturopathic doctors witch doctors. Is that brave? Calling educated
people names when they are not here to defend themselves.

I noticed that you had to rely on a story that somebody told you. Let
me tell you a story from my personal experience.

As a child I had a chronic fatigue problem. I saw several doctors. They
could not figure out what the problem was, so I had to get on with life
anyway. In my 20's I started getting bad hayfever. I took hayfever
medicine. In my 30's I got severe joint pain. I also had
gastrointestinal problems. My conventional doctors didn't have a clue.

One day while in the supermarket, I read a magazine article about
hidden food allergies. I found out that I was sensitive to corn (corn
starch, corn syrup, etc.) and dairy products. I had to stop eating most
processed foods because they often contain ingredients made from corn.
I now buy most of my food from health food stores. Then I found out
that if I had seen a naturopathic doctor I would have found out about
my hidden food allergies years ago. Naturopathic doctors look for
hidden food allergies.

My energy level started to skyrocket. My joint pain started to
disappear. My hayfever started to disappear, and my gastrointestinal
problems are improving. I don't know about your friend, Mark. Did he
check the license of the naturopathic doctor? How do you know if he
followed the doctors orders? Maybe he has a grudge against naturopathic
doctors for another reason?

Why can't I know that conventional doctors secretly see naturopathic
doctors? If the naturopathic doctors don't release their names, what
difference does it make?

I then started to have gastrointestinal