Medela Hands-free questions

Old March 1st 04, 06:52 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Default Medela Hands-free questions

If I get the "hands-free" attachment for the Pump-in-Style do I need to
get their bra? Or, can I adapt one of my Playtex bras?

I can't see to get a good close-up picture of the "hands-free"
attachment pieces to see if I need the Medela bra.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...elected=782084

~ Harriet Martineau

Old March 1st 04, 08:48 PM
HollyLewis

If I get the "hands-free" attachment for the Pump-in-Style do I need to
get their bra? Or, can I adapt one of my Playtex bras?

I can't see to get a good close-up picture of the "hands-free"
attachment pieces to see if I need the Medela bra.

--
Brigitte aa #2145

I have no personal experience. But I do know a mom who pumped hands free
wearing a plain sports bra with holes cut into it. So I'm skeptical about the
need for a special-purpose bra. :-)

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old March 1st 04, 09:11 PM
DeliciousTruffles

HollyLewis wrote:

I have no personal experience. But I do know a mom who pumped hands free
wearing a plain sports bra with holes cut into it. So I'm skeptical about the
need for a special-purpose bra. :-)

We must be on a psychic link because as I was pumping a few minutes ago,
I was thinking the same thing. :-)

Old March 1st 04, 09:21 PM
zeldabee

HollyLewis was all, like:
If I get the "hands-free" attachment for the Pump-in-Style do I need
to get their bra? Or, can I adapt one of my Playtex bras?

Don't know about their attachment. I've heard that you can use rubber
bands...try the pumpmoms list if you don't already subscribe, I've seen lots
of good suggestions there.

I can't see to get a good close-up picture of the "hands-free"
attachment pieces to see if I need the Medela bra.

I have no personal experience. But I do know a mom who pumped hands
free wearing a plain sports bra with holes cut into it. So I'm
skeptical about the need for a special-purpose bra. :-)

I have personal experience...I've done the hands-free bustier, and the
holes-in-the-old-sports-bra. I like the hands-free bustier better, but I'm
sort of a power-pumper. Holes-in-the-sports-bra works perfectly well.

Old March 1st 04, 09:28 PM
DeliciousTruffles

zeldabee wrote:

I like the hands-free bustier better

What is this, please? Can you describe it?

Old March 1st 04, 09:58 PM
zeldabee

DeliciousTruffles was all, like:
zeldabee wrote:

I like the hands-free bustier better

What is this, please? Can you describe it?

The second one down:

http://www.breastfeedingworld.com/pumping_bras.htm

A luxury, but I'd hate to be without mine.

Old March 2nd 04, 06:21 AM
Al Bell

DeliciousTruffles writes:

If I get the "hands-free" attachment for the Pump-in-Style do I need to
get their bra? Or, can I adapt one of my Playtex bras?

I think you can use a regular bra with wholes cut over the nipples, but
you need to have some kind of spatial ability and safety pinning ability
to figure out how to anchor the attachment to the bra.
Old March 2nd 04, 10:15 AM
KC

What I did was take a plain old bra and cut holes in the nipple area.
Then I sewed a circle of elastic in a circle around the hole so that
it would hold the horns in place. It worked really well. I even
still use the same bra 4.5 years later with my new Whittlestone
Expresser's cups, and the price was right!

KC
buy or rent a Whittlestone Expresser at http://alittlestore.com

Old March 2nd 04, 02:34 PM

DeliciousTruffles wrote in message ...
If I get the "hands-free" attachment for the Pump-in-Style do I need to
get their bra? Or, can I adapt one of my Playtex bras?

I can't see to get a good close-up picture of the "hands-free"
attachment pieces to see if I need the Medela bra.

I use a pumping band for hands-free pumping with my PIS. I got it from
BabyCenter.com (called the 'Made by Moms' pumping band). It's
basically a wide elastic band with two slits cut in it to thread the
pump horns through. I can't imagine pumping without it. It was ~$35, I
think. You can use it with any bra.

Manda
Old March 2nd 04, 05:10 PM
DeliciousTruffles

zeldabee wrote:

I like the hands-free bustier better

What is this, please? Can you describe it?

The second one down:

http://www.breastfeedingworld.com/pumping_bras.htm

A luxury, but I'd hate to be without mine.

Thanks!!! :-)

I was looking very closely at the first picture though. I found one of
my old nursing bras and cut the cups and latch mechanisms from it and
sewed it to another nursing bra. Then I cut out holes for the pump. I
now have a nursing/pumping bra!!! :-)