2 questions- cross posted to relavant ng

Old February 23rd 05, 12:27 AM
Tori M.

Default 2 questions- cross posted to relavant ng

1. Bonnie LOVES to draw on our BIG window in the livingroom.. no big deal it
washes off with window cleaner. Actualy the green comes off easier then the
black but it does not look green. Is there a product that is made for
drawing on glass or is crayon the best option for now?

2. Do you find it is better to join in on a activity or watch? For example
if Bonnie is coloring a picture I sometimes color one with her. I imagine
one way we are kinda playing together and the other way I am paying
attention more to what she is doing.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04

Old February 23rd 05, 12:36 AM
Sue

"Tori M." wrote in message
Is there a product that is made for drawing on glass or is crayon the best

option for now?

Yep, I'm not sure of the exact name of them, but my friend brought over some
markers that the kids could use on glass/mirrors and they wiped off really
well. Look where the crayons are kept at probably any store to see if they
have them.

2. Do you find it is better to join in on a activity or watch?

I typically do other things when they are occupied with an activity. Don't
get me wrong, I would play with them, but if I had cleaning or work to do, I
would do that first. That's just the way I am. I did a lot of incorporating
them into my day and they got a big kick out of it.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old February 23rd 05, 12:51 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Tori M. wrote:

1. Bonnie LOVES to draw on our BIG window in the livingroom.. no big deal it
washes off with window cleaner. Actualy the green comes off easier then the
black but it does not look green. Is there a product that is made for
drawing on glass or is crayon the best option for now?

Yes, there are specialty products for this. You can buy glass
markers. You can also mix powdered tempera paints with a little laundry
soap and paint the windows.

2. Do you find it is better to join in on a activity or watch?

If you join in, the key is for her to lead the activity.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old February 23rd 05, 01:01 AM
Scott Bryce

Tori M. wrote:
1. Bonnie LOVES to draw on our BIG window in the livingroom.. no big deal it
washes off with window cleaner. Actualy the green comes off easier then the
black but it does not look green. Is there a product that is made for
drawing on glass or is crayon the best option for now?

White board markers. But be careful not to get it on her clothes. It stains.

2. Do you find it is better to join in on a activity or watch? For example
if Bonnie is coloring a picture I sometimes color one with her. I imagine
one way we are kinda playing together and the other way I am paying
attention more to what she is doing.

Do both. I don't think one is better than the other.
Old February 23rd 05, 01:12 AM
dejablues

"Tori M." wrote in message
1. Bonnie LOVES to draw on our BIG window in the livingroom.. no big deal

it
washes off with window cleaner. Actualy the green comes off easier then

the
black but it does not look green. Is there a product that is made for
drawing on glass or is crayon the best option for now?

Crayola washable markers. At the Crayola Factory, there is an activity which
consists of a big curved glass wall, and you're invited to grab some markers
and write on it. Whiteboard markers, as someone else mentioned, give off
some nasty fumes.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:19 AM
Tori M.

"Scott Bryce" wrote in message
Tori M. wrote:
1. Bonnie LOVES to draw on our BIG window in the livingroom.. no big deal
it washes off with window cleaner. Actualy the green comes off easier
then the black but it does not look green. Is there a product that is
made for drawing on glass or is crayon the best option for now?

White board markers. But be careful not to get it on her clothes. It
stains.

OK first i have to get her to wear cloths.. then we can wory about her
staining them Anyone have any ideas on how to get a naked potty trained
girl to become a clothed potty trained girl?

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04

Old February 23rd 05, 01:21 AM
Tori M.

"Broken" wrote in message
newsan.2005.02.23.01.15.15.463816@X...
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:27:07 -0600, Tori M. wrote:

1. Bonnie LOVES to draw on our BIG window in the livingroom.. no big deal
it
washes off with window cleaner. Actualy the green comes off easier then
the
black but it does not look green. Is there a product that is made for
drawing on glass or is crayon the best option for now?

You could always use mustard. (BG)

lol dont give her any ideas... she LOVES to put diaper rash cream on the
panneled walls as well.. I dont encourage that activity even though it
washes off with warm water and dish soap

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04

Old February 23rd 05, 01:25 AM
Scott Bryce

Tori M. wrote:

OK first i have to get her to wear cloths.. then we can wory about her
staining them Anyone have any ideas on how to get a naked potty trained
girl to become a clothed potty trained girl?

OK, so don't let her get white board marker in the furniture.

If Crayola washable markers will write on glass, as someone else
suggested, that would be the way to go.
Old February 23rd 05, 02:30 AM
bRaTtY

wrote:

1. Bonnie LOVES to draw on our BIG window in the livingroom.. no big deal it
washes off with window cleaner. Actualy the green comes off easier then the
black but it does not look green. Is there a product that is made for
drawing on glass or is crayon the best option for now?

Found this:
http://www.grandparentsmagazine.net/summercrafts.htm

Crayola Window FX Markers (Binney & Smith ages 5 and up. $4.99)\

ohhhhhhhhh they sound SUPER cool!
I want some
wonder if I can get them here! lol

Our problem would be teaching Ty to limit his drawing to the windows
though :-(

These markers are fun for a change of pace. If you have little
grandchildren that like to write everywhere but on paper, they will
love these. For the faint at heart - fear not! These clean up really
quickly with a window cleaner.

I had fun with these myself writing notes on the door like "Happy
Birthday Alex," "Yeah, Summer's Here!" and other things. If you're
really creative you could do messages every time your grandchild comes
to visit! This is an inexpensive and fun craft accessory!

2. Do you find it is better to join in on a activity or watch? For example
if Bonnie is coloring a picture I sometimes color one with her. I imagine
one way we are kinda playing together and the other way I am paying
attention more to what she is doing.

I think if you color with her that is fine as long as you are not
drawing so well that she gets discouraged.

If she is scribbling, rather than draw, scribble with her. Also
comment on how she is making lots of blue lines or red circles
or whatever she is making.

If you draw really well, it *can* be discouraging because your
child hasn't the coordination of an adult. I had one student
whose mom was an artist who wouldn't draw or paint at all,
but always asked the teachers to draw a *car* or a *dinosaur*
or whatever for him. We generally didn't do that and encouraged
him to draw whatever scribbles and abstract art he wanted to
draw.

Tori

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Old February 23rd 05, 02:40 AM
Alley

2. Do you find it is better to join in on a activity or watch? For
example if Bonnie is coloring a picture I sometimes color one with her. I
imagine one way we are kinda playing together and the other way I am
paying attention more to what she is doing.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04

My DD likes me to draw the head and body and she fills in the rest.Legs and
arms go in the appropriate spost these days. Today she did a big scribble
between the legs and called it a hairy bottom. I killed myself laughing and
stuck it straight up on the wall.sometimes I copy what she draws but mostly
she likes to fill in the body and face parts.
Alissa